INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Electrical study

3 posters

Go down

Electrical study Empty Electrical study

Post by CanuckBob Sun Oct 02, 2011 9:03 am

I was reading an interesting discussion on MC about the problems with the Mexican power supply in regards to appliances. Given that issue, combined with the high cost of electricity for high consumption users, I'm wondering, since the price of propane seems to be very reasonable, if anyone has undertaken a study to see if it would be cost effective to generate your own power (or at least subsidize) with a propane powered generator and battery packs.
CanuckBob
CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sick and twisted

https://casadecomo.mx

Back to top Go down

Electrical study Empty Re: Electrical study

Post by simpsca Sun Oct 02, 2011 9:20 am

I have a friend who generates their own power with propane and a generator. They live in a very nice house in El Chante, but at times the electricity is so undependable there they put in their own system.

Read on another thread about someone who just put in a solar hot water system. Given the cost quoted I think I'll be doing that. With a dryer, stove and hot water, plus a propane space heater in the winter, my gas bill is about at the same level as electric - monthly cost.
simpsca
simpsca
Events Reporter
Events Reporter

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Sun Oct 02, 2011 9:27 am

Yes, I think solar heated water, at the very least, is a no brainer in this climate.
CanuckBob
CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sick and twisted

https://casadecomo.mx

Back to top Go down

Post by arbon Sun Oct 02, 2011 9:44 am

CanuckBob wrote:I was reading an interesting discussion on MC about the problems with the Mexican power supply in regards to appliances. Given that issue, combined with the high cost of electricity for high consumption users, I'm wondering, since the price of propane seems to be very reasonable, if anyone has undertaken a study to see if it would be cost effective to generate your own power (or at least subsidize) with a propane powered generator and battery packs.

What experiences have you had with "Electrical House & Kitchen Appliances" in Canada?

In 54 years we have 1 microwave fail before it was 2 years old, all other appliances have lasted 10 years, then replaced.

But we did have a gas hot water tank that failed before 5 years.

arbon
arbon
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Humour

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down