INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I have a small computer problem maybe someone can help?

3 posters

Go down

I have a small computer problem maybe someone can help? Empty I have a small computer problem maybe someone can help?

Post by HarryB Wed Dec 15, 2021 9:12 am

I have a small issue that i don't think warrants a visit to the wonderful computerland

When watching something on TV via HDMI from my computer, how do I change the audio from the computer speakers to the TV speakers?

HarryB
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

I have a small computer problem maybe someone can help? Empty Re: I have a small computer problem maybe someone can help?

Post by ferret Wed Dec 15, 2021 9:31 am

If you're using an HDMI cable, it should automatically use the TV's speakers. Make sure that the HDMI cable is properly plugged in at both ends... as in, unplug and replug it in at both ends.
If that doesn't work or if it's a different kind of set up (wifi), call Computerland or specify.
You could also go to the Control Panel section of your computer and then click on Sound. All the options for sound should be there if the connections are good............. 1) computer 2) TV
Check the one you want to use.
ferret
ferret
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

I have a small computer problem maybe someone can help? Empty Re: I have a small computer problem maybe someone can help?

Post by HarryB Wed Dec 15, 2021 9:35 am

thanks!

HarryB
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by ferret Wed Dec 15, 2021 9:46 am

Harry, if I remember correctly, when I used the HDMI cable I did have to tell the computer to just use the speakers for the TV. I left it that way because it eliminated all the other "sound" videos on news sites on the computer. I kinda liked that. I prefer to read the news and hated the videos that moved down to the right and blasted you until you could lower the volume.
Hope this helps.
ferret
ferret
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by peteben Thu Dec 16, 2021 5:45 pm

If you're running Windows 10, click on the little speaker icon at the bottom right of the taskbar (left of the time/date display). That should bring up the volume control. Above it is a combo box that shows the current output device. Just change it to your tv or HDMI before you start your video player.

peteben
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Yes.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down