INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Checkpoints to and from GDL on Monday

+5
Chapalagringa
martygraw
Intercasa
simpsca
johninajijic
9 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Checkpoints to and from GDL on Monday - Page 2 Empty Re: Checkpoints to and from GDL on Monday

Post by Chapalagringa Tue Oct 11, 2011 4:19 pm

simpsca, no, it doesn't make sense unless you just wanted a change of scenery or go for a ride. Try it one direction making a circle going or coming from Jocotepec, just for fun. It may add 30 min to your drive, depending on traffic. It's beautiful, especially this time of year. :)

Last edited by Chapalagringa on Tue Oct 11, 2011 5:11 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : grammar. as always, needs help!)

Chapalagringa
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Checkpoints to and from GDL on Monday - Page 2 Empty Re: Checkpoints to and from GDL on Monday

Post by simpsca Tue Oct 11, 2011 4:31 pm

I may get brave once the games are over - staying out of Chapala for now.
simpsca
simpsca
Events Reporter
Events Reporter

Back to top Go down

Post by itsme Tue Oct 11, 2011 5:18 pm

You know, I always wanted to try that road, but everyone was always pushing the other one. I think next time I will, thanks for posting this. Very Happy

itsme
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CheenaGringo Tue Oct 11, 2011 6:44 pm

Quoting John: "Anyway, the road we took was the worst road we have driven in Mexico."

Since I last drove that section of the road on Sept. 1st, I went back and reviewed the "dash cam video" that I took of the entire drive from Ajijic to Sayula, a trip that took one hour and forty-five minutes. Forty days or so ago, I would hardly call it the worst road I have ever driven in Mexico or for that matter in other countries. Since my jury-rigged dash cam was particularly sensitive to road bumps, I watched for that and didn't see any evidence. For one thing, it hardly compares to some of the horrible roads experienced in CA where John is moving! And I wasn't even in a luxury Eddie Bauer Ford Explorer SUV but a small Toyota Yaris rental car.

CheenaGringo
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by martygraw Tue Oct 11, 2011 6:53 pm

Neil, you got to remember that John don't drive much. He just hunkers down in Ajijic's best place to live. Except of course when he and his merry band go out to dine.
martygraw
martygraw
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CheenaGringo Tue Oct 11, 2011 7:53 pm

Marty:

Won't even go there on that obvious fact! Here is a question: what is the capital of CA? How about Sacramento? One of the worst stretches, if not the worst stretch of highway that I have experienced in the last ten years was I 5 through downtown Sacramento. That is a real statement on the state of affairs in Caliiiifornia!

CheenaGringo
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by gringal Tue Oct 11, 2011 7:59 pm

California......my old home......spent like the party would never end when the good times rolled, and apparently didn't save for the hard times....like a lot of Californians. I made a good guess on the time to sell and thank the fates........I was close to right on. It's a sad state of affairs there now.

The last I heard, the infrastructure was going to hell........like the roads. A good time to be gone.
flag waver

gringal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : occasionally

Back to top Go down

Post by CheenaGringo Tue Oct 11, 2011 8:14 pm

California has either become a total joke or a true study of how not to run a State - take your pick! My better half is responsible for a location in Palm Desert, CA and the labor laws are the most cumbersome in the nation. Once you hire someone - good luck getting rid of them when they don't perform! Don't do your job in CA and you are virtually guaranteed of collecting Unemployment. Get hurt at home but you can still collect Work Comp. Fabricate anything and the State of CA will take care of you! It is no wonder that the State has gone to "hell in a hand basket".

On the other hand, I have virtually zero problems with the highways in Mexico since from my experience they can be generally a pleasure to drive or one hell of a bunch of fun!

CheenaGringo
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2