INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Calling US toll free phone numbers?

+2
Canada_Mike
Rosa Venus
6 posters

Go down

Calling US toll free phone numbers? Empty Calling US toll free phone numbers?

Post by Rosa Venus Sun Jul 31, 2022 2:01 pm

Hola. I remember several years ago we were told that calling 800 numbers (or other toll-free numbers) in the US was complicated and expensive. You supposedly could call regular phone numbers for free, but supposedly "toll free" calls cost money. And if it was an 800 number you had to substitute different digits. For those reasons, I've somehow managed to not call them. Ever.

But now I need to call a couple of US 800 numbers. Is the above information still accurate (if it ever was)? Is it expensive, and do I need to substitute different digits? I can call them from either a Telmex land line phone, or by cell phone with a monthly Telcel plan. Thanks!
Rosa Venus
Rosa Venus
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : The funny kind

Back to top Go down

Calling US toll free phone numbers? Empty Re: Calling US toll free phone numbers?

Post by Canada_Mike Sun Jul 31, 2022 2:03 pm

I'm with ATT and have never been charged for an 800 number.
Canada_Mike
Canada_Mike
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : New York

http://gilbert.info.yorku.ca/

Back to top Go down

Calling US toll free phone numbers? Empty Re: Calling US toll free phone numbers?

Post by mudgirl Sun Jul 31, 2022 2:16 pm

Yes, you need to substitute different digits. In my experience it doesn't cost anything if you use Telcel and the Sin Limites paquetes, because all long distance calling in the US, Canada, and Mexico is unlimited.

mudgirl
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by BisbeeGal Sun Jul 31, 2022 2:26 pm

Put the free Skype app on your phone or laptop and dial as normal (800); won't matter who your phone carrier is.
BisbeeGal
BisbeeGal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Canada_Mike Sun Jul 31, 2022 2:42 pm

This used to be the exchanges, not sure now.

Calling from Mexico to US or Canadian Toll Free numbers:

For 800 numbers: Dial 001-880 & the seven digit number

For 866 numbers: Dial 001-883 & the seven digit number

For 877 numbers: Dial 001-882 & the seven digit number

For 888 numbers: Dial 001-881 & the seven digit number
Canada_Mike
Canada_Mike
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : New York

http://gilbert.info.yorku.ca/

Carry Bean likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Rosa Venus Sun Jul 31, 2022 3:51 pm

Thanks everyone. As much as I dread calling Bank of America, I guess now I have no excuse.
Rosa Venus
Rosa Venus
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : The funny kind

Back to top Go down

Post by cypress Mon Aug 01, 2022 5:52 am

Rosa Venus wrote:Hola. I remember several years ago we were told that calling 800 numbers (or other toll-free numbers) in the US was complicated and expensive. You supposedly could call regular phone numbers for free, but supposedly "toll free" calls cost money. And if it was an 800 number you had to substitute different digits. For those reasons, I've somehow managed to not call them. Ever.

But now I need to call a couple of US 800 numbers. Is the above information still accurate (if it ever was)? Is it expensive, and do I need to substitute different digits? I can call them from either a Telmex land line phone, or by cell phone with a monthly Telcel plan. Thanks!
For me it is still accurate. I try to find non 800 number for the same place.

cypress
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by caligirl108 Mon Aug 01, 2022 7:32 am

Google search shows a Virginia number: 757.677.4701 for B of A credit card issues. They should be able to transfer you if it's banking.

caligirl108
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down