INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A plea for Mama Cleo’s Boys Home

+2
SunFan
Carry Bean
6 posters

Go down

A plea for Mama Cleo’s Boys Home Empty A plea for Mama Cleo’s Boys Home

Post by Carry Bean Wed Jun 14, 2023 3:58 pm

This place is NOT a government sponsored charity. It is for boys from the age of babies up who have been abused or abandoned. They were given a place in San Antonio but they have no electricity or running water and need to expand their septic system. There is a 4 minute video on YouTube if you search Mama Cleo’s Boys Home.
They have a car wash every Saturday at the church on the mountainside of the Carretera in San Antonio with the big parking lot in front.

I’m dropping off diapers (3 months size), baby wipes, some baby clothes, toothbrushes and toothpaste for the boys, baby formula (Nan) and will pick up some other things like fruit, bottled water, etc to deliver this Saturday at their car wash.
They really are in dire straits. The kitchen is is outdoors with a bbq pit. They need food but nothing that needs refrigeration. Canned goods, maybe some toys and clothes for the boys would be most appreciated. Towels, etc. too.

One lady allowed the boys to shower at her house because with this heat the kids were getting stinky. So at least get your car washed by the boys this weekend. I think the hours are 9:00 to 1:00.

Carry Bean
Share Holder
Share Holder

CanuckBob and SunFan like this post

Back to top Go down

A plea for Mama Cleo’s Boys Home Empty Re: A plea for Mama Cleo’s Boys Home

Post by SunFan Thu Jun 15, 2023 9:18 am

I go to the car wash regularly. They do a great job and do interiors as well. They have all the equipment. - hoses, interior vacuum, tire treatment. It's fun to watch 6 kids washing the car at once.

It's pay what you want. Be generous.

See you Saturday.

SunFan
SunFan
SunFan
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : None....no I'm joking.

CanuckBob and Carry Bean like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Carry Bean Fri Jun 16, 2023 11:20 am

They could also use some styrofoam coolers if you any to spare.

Carry Bean
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by BisbeeGal Fri Jun 16, 2023 11:51 am

If you go here, you can donate via cc or PayPal and other methods to Mama Cleo's.

Listings are alphabetical, scroll down to Mama Cleo's.

https://lakechapalacharities.org/health-education-human-services/
BisbeeGal
BisbeeGal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by kip Fri Jun 16, 2023 11:58 am

Carry Bean wrote:This place is NOT a government sponsored charity. It is for boys from the age of babies up who have been abused or abandoned. They were given a place in San Antonio but they have no electricity or running water and need to expand their septic system. There is a 4 minute video on YouTube if you search Mama Cleo’s Boys Home.
They have a car wash every Saturday at the church on the mountainside of the Carretera in San Antonio with the big parking lot in front.

I’m dropping off diapers (3 months size), baby wipes, some baby clothes, toothbrushes and toothpaste for the boys, baby formula (Nan) and will pick up some other things like fruit, bottled water, etc to deliver this Saturday at their car wash.
They really are in dire straits. The kitchen is is outdoors with a bbq pit. They need food but nothing that needs refrigeration. Canned goods, maybe some toys and clothes for the boys would be most appreciated. Towels, etc. too.

One lady allowed the boys to shower at her house because with this heat the kids were getting stinky. So at least get your car washed by the boys this weekend. I think the hours are 9:00 to 1:00.

I'm cleaning out closets before we come down...do they need linens?  Sounds like the perfect home for Hal's kites that he doesn't use.  Cooking utensils?  Have clothes.but they're adult size... any of them older teens?  It's been so long since we've been down that everyone I used to bring stuff to...is gone.

kip
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Carry Bean Fri Jun 16, 2023 6:12 pm

Yes, they could use linens and kitchen stuff and I’m sure they’d love the kites. I know there are teenagers but I’ll find out tomorrow.

Carry Bean
Share Holder
Share Holder

kip likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Carry Bean Sat Jun 17, 2023 10:43 am

The teens are in another place. Just the little kids at this Mama Cleo.

Carry Bean
Share Holder
Share Holder

kip likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by kip Tue Jun 20, 2023 10:46 pm

Carry Bean wrote:Yes, they could use linens and kitchen stuff and I’m sure they’d love the kites. I know there are teenagers but I’ll find out tomorrow.

My hubby finally admitted he really doesn't want to drive so we're flying. Can't bring any of the stuff or my guitar!!!! I suppose there's probably someone up here that can use it...but I really wanted to help someone who really needs the help.

kip
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by mudgirl Tue Jun 20, 2023 11:14 pm

There's people pretty much everywhere who are not well-off and appreciate donations.

About 50 years ago, when I lived in Vancouver, I was a leatherworker and would sell my wares on the street on the weekends down in the Gastown area, along with all the other hippie craftspeople. I had some friends who were also leatherworkers, a couple with a year old baby.

One weekend, Cher was in town for a concert and she was walking around looking at what people were selling. I never saw her, but she had spent some time talking to my friends- she was attracted to their baby, as her daughter was about a year older at the time, and talked about babies with them. She told them that she had tons of beautiful high-end baby clothes her daughter had outgrown, but that in the world she lived in, everyone was wealthy and no one wanted second-hand baby clothes- that if my friends gave her their address, she would box them up and send the baby clothes to them.

My friends figured she wouldn't actually do it, but sure enough, a couple weeks later, a big box full of baby clothes arrived with a note saying how much she enjoyed meeting them and their little girl.

I had always liked Cher's music and performing, but that made me like her even more, to find out that she's actually a really genuine, nice person.

mudgirl
Share Holder
Share Holder

Carry Bean, ferret, kiko, rafterbr and kip like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by sm1mex Wed Jun 21, 2023 11:49 am

We’re going Saturday to have them wash our car. They need help. There are many charities to help so we try to help them also.

sm1mex
Share Holder
Share Holder

kip likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down