INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

NOB travel alert - www.takeourborderback.com

+2
Jreboll
caligirl108
6 posters

Go down

NOB travel alert - www.takeourborderback.com Empty NOB travel alert - www.takeourborderback.com

Post by caligirl108 Sun Jan 28, 2024 4:29 pm

Anyone traveling NOB thru Texas may want to take note. One of the 3 convoys planned ends in Eagle Pass on Feb 3. The other 2 convoys end in Yuma, AZ and San Isidro, CA.  If this becomes 'a thing' then travel on highways in these states including I-35, I-10 & I-8 could become problematic. If all this is going on & the those standing with the Republic of Texas go ahead & show up at Laredo and McAllen, it could be quite the clusterf**k.  

Just saw this today..  I fly into SAT on Tuesday afternoon & was planning on driving to McAllen.. now I'm not sure what I should do.. The truck convoys in Canada, Netherlands, Germany & France have gotten so much attention recently.. and then there is the American ego.. not to be outdone.. geez

www.takeourborderback.com  

caligirl108
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

NOB travel alert - www.takeourborderback.com Empty Re: NOB travel alert - www.takeourborderback.com

Post by Jreboll Sun Jan 28, 2024 4:42 pm

Convoys going to Eagle Pass shouldn’t affect your drive to McAllen.

Jreboll
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

NOB travel alert - www.takeourborderback.com Empty Re: NOB travel alert - www.takeourborderback.com

Post by kiko Sun Jan 28, 2024 5:12 pm

I would not travel in Texas with Mexican plates during these times. The state motto was "The Friendly State", now it is more like "The State of Hate."
kiko
kiko
Share Holder
Share Holder

rckrckr and mudgirl like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by desafinada Mon Jan 29, 2024 7:12 am

We drove through TX in December crossing at Columbia, driving through Eagle Pass and staying overnight in Del Rio to renew our TX driver licenses - with a Jalisco plated car. Not one person questioned our presence. No problems in AZ or CA either. On the other hand I would work to avoid these times with the convoys gathering.

desafinada
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by caligirl108 Mon Jan 29, 2024 11:41 pm

I would imagine all roads leading to the border will be saturated with people with all sorts of motivations & ideas about what they are going to do. I-35 in/around San Antonio on any Friday is a nightmare.  The hurry & get there folks could make faster time on I-280 south & cut over.. Roads to Eagle Pass are farm roads, 35-55 mph, ugh.  I kinda regret hasty cancel of my cheap STL-PVR ticket, here longer, but bypassing Texas the next 2 weeks.

It sounds to be a southern Baptist version of Burning Man ~ a call out to the Faithful - BBQ smokers in tow, the draw being a huge Texas hoedown. Texans do like to whoop it up, show off their super-sized pickups, carry on about special BBQ secrets, swill kegs of beer.. for days.  So here's their chance. Destination appears to be on private property north of Eagle Pass, on the Rio Grande. All this could potentially turn into a full length Rio Grande 'pub crawl' after Feb 3. Who wants to leave?  Midwest/east coast winter isn't exactly over..  High season in McAllen is in full swing right now - snow birds there boosting seasonal RGV population to > million.  Perfect weather. South Padre Island beaches. No, this evento isn't ending anytime soon.

caligirl108
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by kiko Fri Feb 02, 2024 4:24 pm

https://www.youtube.com/shorts/ydgUWvCWqo4?si=hCR1QpCK8cwzF93f
kiko
kiko
Share Holder
Share Holder

ferret, RickS and mudgirl like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by ferret Fri Feb 02, 2024 6:12 pm

OMG! That is SO funny and SO true. I've embedded it for others...
ferret
ferret
Share Holder
Share Holder

CanuckBob likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by mudgirl Fri Feb 02, 2024 7:02 pm

Apparently lots of the prospective convoyers decided not to join, as they have a conspiracy theory (what else is new) that it's a ploy by the FBI to bust them all, or something like that.

mudgirl
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by kiko Fri Feb 02, 2024 9:41 pm

kiko
kiko
Share Holder
Share Holder

rckrckr likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down