INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Ajijic Organic Market and its Inevitable Decline into a Wuss Patch

+8
Zedinmexico
johninajijic
SusieSunshine
raqueteer
gringal
espíritu del lago
hockables
hound dog
12 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

The Ajijic Organic Market and its Inevitable Decline into a Wuss Patch - Page 2 Empty Re: The Ajijic Organic Market and its Inevitable Decline into a Wuss Patch

Post by Zedinmexico Fri Nov 11, 2011 1:06 pm

My favorite Winston quotes

When told he was drunk by a socialite.
"Madame I may be drunk and you are fat but in the morning I will be sober and
you will still be fat"

Or something like that.

"If you are not a liberal at 20 you don't have a heart and if you are not a conservative at 40 you don't have a brain. (old definitions of these terms
not todays definions of lib and conserv.)"

What a great man considering he was a huge liar. If you are interested in him
watch the history channel show "churchills bodyguards" if you get a chance.

Z

Zedinmexico
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

The Ajijic Organic Market and its Inevitable Decline into a Wuss Patch - Page 2 Empty Re: The Ajijic Organic Market and its Inevitable Decline into a Wuss Patch

Post by CheenaGringo Fri Nov 11, 2011 3:16 pm

Zed:

We will give you a free ride on this one since you arrived at the dance so late. Trader Joe's has been discussed at length on this forum and others and numerous consensuses have been reached. One of the most consistent criticisms has been about the rude behavior of the typical Trader Joe's customer. In your case, I am guessing Trader Joe's in Lake Oswego was your store of choice? If so, that store's customers exhibit the worst of the worst.

If you are really "jonesing" for a Trader Joe's product, I would suggest a drive to the Miralago Restaurant on Lake Zirahuen, Michoacan. One of their fine wine offerings is "Two Buck Chuck" - 2nd bottle down from the top in the foto which follows:
[img]The Ajijic Organic Market and its Inevitable Decline into a Wuss Patch - Page 2 Dscn0816[/img]

"not todays definions of lib and conserv"

I think if you were to do some studying up, that comment only relates to definitions within the US. Even today, the definitions of those terms are much different in Canadian and British politics.

CheenaGringo
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by hound dog Fri Nov 11, 2011 3:59 pm

Neil:

You really have to get out of that Abuquerque Shithole. And Lake

CheenaGringo wrote:Zed:

We will give you a free ride on this one since you arrived at the dance so late. Trader Joe's has been discussed at length on this forum and others and numerous consensuses have been reached. One of the most consistent criticisms has been about the rude behavior of the typical Trader Joe's customer. In your case, I am guessing Trader Joe's in Lake Oswego was your store of choice? If so, that store's customers exhibit the worst of the worst. Lake, Jesus Christ, Zirahuen? You cannot be serious I would rather campout over a fire .

If you are really "jonesing" for a Trader Joe's product, I would suggest a drive to the Miralago Restaurant on Lake Zirahuen, Michoacan. One of their fine wine offerings is "Two Buck Chuck" - 2nd bottle down from the top in the foto which follows:
[img]The Ajijic Organic Market and its Inevitable Decline into a Wuss Patch - Page 2 Dscn0816[/img]

I think if you were to do some studying up, that comment only relates to definitions within the US. Even today, the definitions of those terms are much different in Canadian and British politics.
hound dog
hound dog
Bad Dawg
Bad Dawg

Back to top Go down

Post by CheenaGringo Fri Nov 11, 2011 4:23 pm

Dawg:

I understand "Albuquerque Shithole" but Lake - ???????

CheenaGringo
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Zedinmexico Fri Nov 11, 2011 5:28 pm

hound dog wrote:Neil:

You really have to get out of that Abuquerque Shithole. And Lake

CheenaGringo wrote:Zed:

We will give you a free ride on this one since you arrived at the dance so late. Trader Joe's has been discussed at length on this forum and others and numerous consensuses have been reached. One of the most consistent criticisms has been about the rude behavior of the typical Trader Joe's customer. In your case, I am guessing Trader Joe's in Lake Oswego was your store of choice? If so, that store's customers exhibit the worst of the worst. Lake, Jesus Christ, Zirahuen? You cannot be serious I would rather campout over a fire .

Nope Corvallis has a Trader Joe's. Probably the smallest standalone city with one. (60K) Most polite
people in a store I have ever seen. I think your problem is with Lake Oswego not Trader Joe's :-) I
won't even step into the Portland Metro Area other than driving around it on 205.

I still think the joke works no matter which definition one uses and I understand what you are saying and agree.

Also Two buck chuck has been three buck chuck up north for quite a while.

Z

Zedinmexico
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Red Dwarf, Marx Brothers, SCTV

Back to top Go down

Post by CheenaGringo Fri Nov 11, 2011 5:43 pm

I guess that I will let you off the hook when you say Corvallis. Eugene, Lake Oswego or Beaverton still apply. I may be wrong on this but CA may be the only place it is Two Buck Chuck? We didn't ask how many Peso Chuck it was at the Miralago. The owner of the place is a Veterinarian originally from Morelia but currently has a large practice in Los Angeles and brings a bunch down whenever he drives down.

CheenaGringo
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Solovino Fri Nov 11, 2011 6:37 pm

raqueteer wrote:Honestly I just don't know why people don't make their own stuff here. No preservatives just for starters.
Bread and some specialty items I'm all in, but packaged mixes, ixnay.

Indian food.....
British food, a fave in our house .........
Spanish food ........
Greek food................
Chinese food...............................

Get Cooking.

Yeah, and I hear if you look really hard you can come up with the ingredients for some Mexican food. Maybe a taco salad or Mexican lasagna?

Solovino
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Fri Nov 11, 2011 6:39 pm

Nah.....there is a Taco Bell up by the airport for all your Mexican food cravings.......Jajajaja
CanuckBob
CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sick and twisted

https://casadecomo.mx

Back to top Go down

Post by raqueteer Fri Nov 11, 2011 6:55 pm

Solovino wrote:
raqueteer wrote:Honestly I just don't know why people don't make their own stuff here. No preservatives just for starters.
Bread and some specialty items I'm all in, but packaged mixes, ixnay.

Indian food.....
British food, a fave in our house .........
Spanish food ........
Greek food................
Chinese food...............................

Get Cooking.

Yeah, and I hear if you look really hard you can come up with the ingredients for some Mexican food. Maybe a taco salad or Mexican lasagna?

No schitt Sherlock, and I have a killer recipe for tacos. BTW this can also be used for Spanish albondigas, make yourself some tacos one night, albondigas for a tapas evening, then the enjoyment goes on for about 5 days.

Maybe I'll share it here one day. But, only if you're laying off of that helium.

Here ya go, just in case you missed it.

http://amigo.foroactivo.mx/f4-la-comida

raqueteer
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Solovino Fri Nov 11, 2011 7:06 pm

raqueteer wrote:
........and I have a killer recipe for tacos.

A "recipe for" tacos?!?! You gotta be shittin'.

Solovino
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CheenaGringo Fri Nov 11, 2011 7:19 pm

Solo:

Look around you and just how many restaurants do you see that offer some other type of ethnic food other than Mexican? Or is there a rule that I wasn't aware of that one only eats regional food at home? If that is the case, I guess that I will be starving to death trying to consume only New Mexican food at home!

CheenaGringo
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by raqueteer Fri Nov 11, 2011 7:25 pm

Solovino wrote:
raqueteer wrote:
........and I have a killer recipe for tacos.

A "recipe for" tacos?!?! You gotta be shittin'.

I should have been more specific, taco seasoning.

Carry on.

raqueteer
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Solovino Fri Nov 11, 2011 7:29 pm

raqueteer wrote:

Nope. Should have left it at "recipe". Taco seasoning? Ya gotta be shittin' me. Will it be one of those ground beef in a "hard shell" taco? With a little cheddar and your choice of mild or spicy?

Solovino
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Solovino Fri Nov 11, 2011 7:47 pm

CheenaGringo wrote:Solo:

Look around you and just how many restaurants do you see that offer some other type of ethnic food other than Mexican?

Numb nuts. Mexican isn't "ethnic" food in Mexico. Why do you have to post on every damn thread?

Solovino
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by raqueteer Fri Nov 11, 2011 7:50 pm

Solovino wrote:
raqueteer wrote:

Nope. Should have left it at "recipe". Taco seasoning? Ya gotta be shittin' me. Will it be one of those ground beef in a "hard shell" taco? With a little cheddar and your choice of mild or spicy?

Less chance than a snowball in hell. That's for soft core eaters. Even my 12 year old grand daughter wouldn't be caught dead eating one of those.

Try again.

raqueteer
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Solovino Fri Nov 11, 2011 9:38 pm

raqueteer wrote:
Try again.

Taco recipe: put the edible substance of your choice on a tortilla, fold or roll.

Solovino
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by hound dog Fri Nov 11, 2011 9:51 pm

The world´s ten best cuisines in order from the best to Number ten (without bowing to regional variations):
(1) French
(2) East Indian
(3) Chinese
(4) Thai
(5)Vietnamese
(6) Iranian
(7) Moroccan
(8) Algerian
(9) Greek
(10) Turkish

Mexico, if rated at all, would be around 50th.
hound dog
hound dog
Bad Dawg
Bad Dawg

Back to top Go down

Post by raqueteer Fri Nov 11, 2011 9:55 pm

Solovino wrote:
raqueteer wrote:
Try again.

Taco recipe: put the edible substance of your choice on a tortilla, fold or roll.

i could not agree more, however just like Col. Sanders, I know, very bad example. It's the little things that count, such as cumin. The colonel still has me baffled regarding pressure frying, so if you could provide me with a solution, it would be much appreciated. I like my tacos a bit more interesting than a mere substance rolled up in a tortilla. YMMV.

TIA.

raqueteer
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Solovino Fri Nov 11, 2011 10:07 pm

raqueteer wrote:
Solovino wrote:
raqueteer wrote:
Try again.

i could not agree more, however just like Col. Sanders, I know, very bad example. It's the little things that count, such as cumin. The colonel still has me baffled regarding pressure frying, so if you could provide me with a solution, it would be much appreciated. I like my tacos a bit more interesting than a mere substance rolled up in a tortilla. YMMV.

TIA.

Who said the substance had to be "mere"? What you like to do is over complicate simple things. Tacos can be anything you wish them to be. From a taco de sal that most Mexicans enjoyed as infants to a taco de ojo adults enjoy. They don't need a recipe. Perhaps the filling of your choice requires one. The taco doesn't.

Tell us. What does vamos a echar un taco mean to you?

Solovino
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by raqueteer Fri Nov 11, 2011 10:50 pm

Solovino wrote:
raqueteer wrote:
Solovino wrote:
raqueteer wrote:
Try again.

TIA.

Who said the substance had to be "mere"? What you like to do is over complicate simple things. Tacos can be anything you wish them to be. From a taco de sal that most Mexicans enjoyed as infants to a taco de ojo adults enjoy. They don't need a recipe. Perhaps the filling of your choice requires one. The taco doesn't.

Tell us. What does vamos a echar un taco mean to you?

We're going to throw a taco together. Very Happy

raqueteer
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Jim W Fri Nov 11, 2011 10:58 pm

CanuckBob wrote:Nah.....there is a Taco Bell up by the airport for all your Mexican food cravings.......Jajajaja

Bob, Where is the Taco Bell near the airport? I like Taco Bell...for me beats the hell out of the big mac...LOL Very Happy
Jim W
Jim W
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Whenever I need it!

Back to top Go down

Post by Jim W Fri Nov 11, 2011 11:06 pm

hound dog wrote:The world´s ten best cuisines in order from the best to Number ten (without bowing to regional variations):
(1) French
(2) East Indian
(3) Chinese
(4) Thai
(5)Vietnamese
(6) Iranian
(7) Moroccan
(8) Algerian
(9) Greek
(10) Turkish

Dawg, is there a link...that rates....I like Japan....as I am Sushi fan...certainly not in Mexico Very Happy Very Happy
Jim W
Jim W
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Whenever I need it!

Back to top Go down

Post by Zedinmexico Sat Nov 12, 2011 7:39 am

hound dog wrote:The world´s ten best cuisines in order from the best to Number ten (without bowing to regional variations):
(1) French
(2) East Indian
(3) Chinese
(4) Thai
(5)Vietnamese
(6) Iranian
(7) Moroccan
(8) Algerian
(9) Greek
(10) Turkish

Very interesting. I would propose to move the Chinese up to the top as much of the worlds food has very strong ties
to China. I would add Italy and perhaps take off Iran. I found Moroccan food to be much better than Iranian. What did
I miss with Iran?? What an interesting drift. As far as mexican food my question is where can we get it. I don't know
why I have to go to local villages to get it. Why does Ajijic not have a gourmet (as much as it gets I know)resturant
like Viva Mexico in San Juan?
Z

Zedinmexico
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Red Dwarf, Marx Brothers, SCTV

Back to top Go down

Post by Solovino Sat Nov 12, 2011 8:06 am

raqueteer wrote:

We're going to throw a taco together. Very Happy

Will it have the special taco seasoning?

Solovino
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by hound dog Sat Nov 12, 2011 8:46 am

Jim W.:

I am also fond of Japanese food, especially sushi but I, as you, would not eat sushi in Mexico since all the Mexican sushi I´ve tried, is to sushi as Taco Bell´s tacos are to tacos. I also believe sushi should be prepared by trained sushi chefs of which they have a few in Paris so we know of some fairly decent sushi places in that city which we make it a point to visit when there. Of course, since we are talking France here, it is damned expensive.

My little list of the ten best cuisines was meant to have some fun and, maybe, start a dialogue. Those were my favorite ten cuisines but, as we all know, taste is quite subjective. My comment about Mexican food was not a serious one. I am a big fan of Mexican food, especially when traditionally prepared. More about that when I have more time.
hound dog
hound dog
Bad Dawg
Bad Dawg

Back to top Go down

Post by Solovino Sat Nov 12, 2011 11:04 am

hound dog wrote:Jim W.:

I am also fond of Japanese food, especially sushi but I, as you, would not eat sushi in Mexico since all the Mexican sushi I´ve tried, is to sushi as Taco Bell´s tacos are to tacos. I also believe sushi should be prepared by trained sushi chefs of which they have a few in Paris so we know of some fairly decent sushi places in that city which we make it a point to visit when there. Of course, since we are talking France here, it is damned expensive.

My little list of the ten best cuisines was meant to have some fun and, maybe, start a dialogue. Those were my favorite ten cuisines but, as we all know, taste is quite subjective. My comment about Mexican food was not a serious one. I am a big fan of Mexican food, especially when traditionally prepared. More about that when I have more time.

El chucho sarnoso has a history of making these kinds of remarks about the food here. While he now claims to be a big fan, he was once dead serious in his criticism. His transformation over the relatively short time he's spent here in Mexico somewhat fits the sentiment of the Mark Twain quote:

"When I was a boy of fourteen, my father was so ignorant I could hardly stand to have the old man around. But when I got to be twenty-one, I was astonished at how much the old man had learned in seven years."

It will be interesting to hear what he has to say now that he has lost some of the arrogance many newbies arrive with.

Solovino
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next