INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Person shot and is dead in Ajijic today

+15
Jim W
CanuckBob
David
ferret
johninajijic
kipissippi
lakesidecrime
hockables
CheenaGringo
susan
saege007
raqueteer
gringal
hound dog
simpsca
19 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Person shot and is dead in Ajijic today Empty Person shot and is dead in Ajijic today

Post by simpsca Tue Nov 29, 2011 2:55 pm

This was posted by the moderator on Chapala.com. Other members posted first and the mod followed up with the facts:

I'm reopening this thread because, unfortunately, there was a very serious incident on the same block as #4. There were two male residents and one female. They were accosted after they pulled into the garage and were unloading groceries. They left the garage doors open while doing so and two men came up with guns. While robbing the trio, one of the male residents was shot and killed. This happend at noon today.

No further details at this time but this is a definite confirmation that there was a robbery and killing. Please be VERY vigilant, there are a lot of people in town as a result of the fiesta and there is somone also doing armed home invasions lakeside as has been reported earlier.

Please do not post rumor, only information gained first-hand. Apparently, the survivors gave the police a description of the killers, if you have access to that description, please post it here.

Everyone, please be VERY vigilant about who is on the street, who might be following you home from shopping, etc. Pull in your garage, close the doors before unlocking your car or getting out of it.
simpsca
simpsca
Events Reporter
Events Reporter

Back to top Go down

Person shot and is dead in Ajijic today Empty Re: Person shot and is dead in Ajijic today

Post by hound dog Tue Nov 29, 2011 3:52 pm

We were both out and about in that part of Ajijic when this happened today. I, walking the lake with my dog and my wife driving about the area where this killing took place. When, after the incident, we were driving from Six Corners to San Antonio, there was a major police presence in Six Corners where the cops were stopping and questioning people. This is serious and dangerous business and, at this posting, these brazen killers are still on the loose in the community. Crime in Ajijic is getting out of hand and I am not just speaking of today´s senseless murder of an innocent foreign resident unloading groceries in his garage in the center of town after a routine shopping trip. Remain extremely vigilant and use utmost precaution when out and about in town. We are locked down and advise you to do the same.
hound dog
hound dog
Bad Dawg
Bad Dawg

Back to top Go down

Person shot and is dead in Ajijic today Empty Re: Person shot and is dead in Ajijic today

Post by gringal Tue Nov 29, 2011 4:22 pm

Also bear in mind that there are strangers in town for the holidays: vendors and visitors
......here today and gone tomorrow.

gringal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : occasionally

Back to top Go down

Post by hound dog Tue Nov 29, 2011 5:19 pm

Lakesidecrime says one got caught, the police was all over 6th corner at noon . When I asked what was going on I was told they were questioning people and looking for someone.

Probably no stranger, easy to blame the fair,the town people are always blaming outsiders but frankly they are a lot of local creeps, no need to look very far.
It is very sad that a life had to be taken today. What a tragedy!

Brigitte
hound dog
hound dog
Bad Dawg
Bad Dawg

Back to top Go down

Post by raqueteer Tue Nov 29, 2011 6:18 pm

This is just awful, what a shock that these criminals are now brazenly attacking people in broad daylight on a fairly busy street. The wife must be terrified, I hope someone is with her this evening and the police are on guard both outside the house and in the area. We're also locked up tight and not looking forward to leaving the house tomorrow which we have to do, at least twice.

What a horrible day for everyone lakeside, especially family members of the deceased.

raqueteer
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by simpsca Tue Nov 29, 2011 6:29 pm

This from lakesidecrime.com - Imagine watching your partner get shot. http://lakesidecrime.com/ajijic/ajijic_1129_2011.php

Description: Two guys, on foot, with a gun. They robbed the couple and on the way out, the husband fought with one and the bad guys killed him.

From an eye witness: I saw the guy that was at the car because we heard the gun shot and the wife said that at the beginning they didn't show the gun just after he fought with them they shot him. Let me tell you they were no pro because the ran out nervious because everybody saw them and the police caught one - and maybe caught another.

Apparently one was caught.
simpsca
simpsca
Events Reporter
Events Reporter

Back to top Go down

Post by saege007 Tue Nov 29, 2011 7:04 pm

If someone wants to rob you, it is best to just give them what they want and not fight them. You never know whether they have a gun, or how strong they are. Material things are replaceable, your life isn't.

I'm glad they caught one of them, better than none. Now, I hope they catch the other.
saege007
saege007
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by simpsca Tue Nov 29, 2011 7:27 pm

This is the second of this type of event I am aware of. Several years ago a man drove his wife in the AM to work at LCS, dropped her off and returned home in Ajijic. When his garage door opened two guys followed him in, there was a struggle and he was killed.

So yes, give them anything they want and don't try to struggle with them. It's not worth your life!
simpsca
simpsca
Events Reporter
Events Reporter

Back to top Go down

Post by susan Tue Nov 29, 2011 8:48 pm

this is not the second incident. there have been more, you were not living here. or it was kept quiet. thats the way it is. all the "meetings" blah blah, are just that: blah blah. if you live here you are @ risk, especially for older folks. why is that so difficult to comprehend? oh excuse me, comprehension is not possible. what are the excuses for these 2 men? the economy? for every crime on lakecrime.com. there are 8 others that have not been reported.

susan
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : none

Back to top Go down

Post by simpsca Tue Nov 29, 2011 8:54 pm

Here is the article on this incident in the Guadalajara Reporter:

http://www.guadalajarareporter.com/news-mainmenu-82/lake-chapala-mainmenu-84/30088-american-slain-in-botched-ajijic-robbery.html

BREAKING NEWS: American slain in botched Ajijic robbery
TUESDAY, NOVEMBER 29 2011 19:43 DALE HOYT PALFREY

A U.S. citizen was murdered in the carport of his Ajijic home during an attempted robbery Tuesday, November 29.

Stephen Christopher Kahr, 69, died almost instantly after being shot in the chest by an unknown assailant, according to Chapala Ministerio Publico (MP) agent Fernando Gutierrez Santillan.

Gutierrez told the Reporter that the shooting occurred as Kahr and his wife were unloading groceries from their car, parked on the street just outside their residence at Calle Donato Guerra on the corner of 16 de Septiembre.

Witnesses told authorities that a young man followed Kahr into the carport and attempted to snatch his wallet from his back pants pocket, while his wife was still gathering shopping bags from the car. When the victim swirled to resist the assault, the would-be robber fired his weapon straight on and then quickly escaped on foot, heading east on 16 de Septiembre.

The killer was described as a young, well-dressed Mexican of slender build, with a thin face and fair skin.

Gutierrez said that Chapala police officers arriving at the scene promptly spread out to comb the neighborhood, rounding up several suspects, none of whom matched the physical description of the perpetrator.

Meanwhile, the Chapala Red Cross responded to an emergency call placed at around 11:15 a.m. Paramedics who attended to Kahr said they applied advanced CPR techniques, but were unable to revive him due to the gravity of his gunshot wound.

The MP agent, along with his investigators and a state police unit, inspected and guarded the crime scene until a team from the Jalisco Forensics Institute arrived to gather evidence and remove Kahr’s body. The corpse was taken for an autopsy in Ocotlan around 3 p.m.

During the ordeal, police officers allowed several friends and neighbors to go inside the house to comfort Kahr’s stunned widow.

Gutierrez said investigators found the victim’s wallet on his person, indicating that the killer ran off empty-handed.

The MP official said the murder does not appear to be linked to organized crime groups involved in a growing number of shooting incidents that have plagued the north shore area since the start of the year. He speculated, however, that the fatal assault bears some similarities to a series of late-night home invasion robberies that have been denounced by foreign residents in recent weeks.
simpsca
simpsca
Events Reporter
Events Reporter

Back to top Go down

Post by raqueteer Tue Nov 29, 2011 9:05 pm

There is no mention of anyone being apprehended in this report. Initial reports claimed there were two assailants and that one had been caught. Are these pendejos still at large?

raqueteer
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by hound dog Tue Nov 29, 2011 9:42 pm

It was on the news on channel 6 tonight, no mention of anyone being arrested.
hound dog
hound dog
Bad Dawg
Bad Dawg

Back to top Go down

Post by CheenaGringo Tue Nov 29, 2011 9:55 pm

Simpsca:

I personally find your "National Enquirer" style reporting on each and every incident on each and every web forum to be offensive and sensationalist! Hell, half the time you appear to be so excited that you cannot even get the names or location right. You cannot even seem to get it right on some forums where they differentiate the center of Mexico Universe (Lake Chapala) and Guadalajara like in the case of the 23/26 bodies found the other day. MexConnect provides a forum category for both Guadalajara and a separate one for Lake Chapala.

The facts in this case seem to indicate that a Gringo didn't use that educated mass that sits on his shoulders to make good decisions. This isn't about blaming the victim! This is a tragedy and should never have had this final result! There was probably nothing in his wallet or in the car which justifies this in any way. Really stupid crooks and bad decisions made all the way around. Don't intend to be the "crying wolf" but this may be a wake up call of what could possibly be commonplace in the future. Who knows and only time will tell.

CheenaGringo
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by hockables Tue Nov 29, 2011 10:08 pm

kinda hard on the beaver aren't you neil...

like you and some of the other posters... she provides others info about current events lakeside...

take a pill
hockables
hockables
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by raqueteer Tue Nov 29, 2011 10:21 pm

All I have to say on this matter until further reports come out is that at least the topics of OPI manicures and hoop earrings are not number one on the main page here. Nuff said. The brain dead can visit TOB and revel in the joy of triviality.

A good and safe night to all.
raq

raqueteer
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by lakesidecrime Tue Nov 29, 2011 10:41 pm

raqueteer wrote:There is no mention of anyone being apprehended in this report. Initial reports claimed there were two assailants and that one had been caught. Are these pendejos still at large?

After they murdered Chris Kahr, it appears that they ran a block and tried to steal a car - they didn't succeed as the kill switch was activated - so they kept running. The person that this happened to heard that one person was apprehended later http://lakesidecrime.com/ajijic/ajijic_1129_2011_veh.php and they plan to go to the ministerio tomorrow to provide a description -

We also received a second independent report that one person was captured.

So it looks like they detained someone - hopefully it was one of the perps

lakesidecrime

Back to top Go down

Post by kipissippi Tue Nov 29, 2011 11:33 pm

Neil, you are such a putz. Your superior attitude really gets annoying after awhile. If you don't like her posts.... don't click on them. You're starting to remind me of someone....oh yeah!! You! When you were Pedro's toadie. Person shot and is dead in Ajijic today 661816
kipissippi
kipissippi
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : goofy

Back to top Go down

Post by johninajijic Wed Nov 30, 2011 2:30 pm

Here's the link to the real story. Not the usual hearsay and second hand info that is usually posted on these forums.

http://www.guadalajarareporter.com/news-mainmenu-82/lake-chapala-mainmenu-84/30088-american-slain-in-botched-ajijic-robbery.html
johninajijic
johninajijic
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sometimes

Back to top Go down

Post by simpsca Wed Nov 30, 2011 3:26 pm

It sometimes take a little while for the whole story to come out. The vans filled with bodies under the Mileneo arches was originally reported in the Informador as 23 and then later changed to 26.

If the web board owner does not want me to report crimes or return them to the Octagon, I am sure he will tell me.
simpsca
simpsca
Events Reporter
Events Reporter

Back to top Go down

Post by raqueteer Wed Nov 30, 2011 3:31 pm

johninajijic wrote:Here's the link to the real story. Not the usual hearsay and second hand info that is usually posted on these forums.

I think that was posted on TOB yesterday. There appears to be no new news today at all. What's worse descriptions of the perp, yes now allegedly only one, are radically different. All agree on the well dressed business but some say thin, others say muscular.

raqueteer
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by gringal Wed Nov 30, 2011 3:40 pm

I, for one, appreciate Simpsca's reporting of whatever facts are available.

I'm guessing the perp is long gone into hiding or out of town and won't be caught unless one of his buds rats on him.

gringal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : occasionally

Back to top Go down

Post by kipissippi Wed Nov 30, 2011 3:53 pm

Me too gringal... if just one person becomes more alert to danger because of simpsca's posts...hallelujah!! One less person hurt. And it certainly isn't like she's hollering that the world is coming to an end...everybody head for the hills! She's giving a heads up. Keep up the good work Simpsca. cheers Back off Neil. She's reporting what she's hearing in the neighborhood....not some tidied up news article read by someone not even in Mexico.

You seem to follow her from forum to forum being nasty...why is that? Did you get tired of targeting John?

Kip
kipissippi
kipissippi
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by susan Wed Nov 30, 2011 5:09 pm

no, its not john- hes tired of "me" & my crimes against humanity.

susan
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : none

Back to top Go down

Post by kipissippi Wed Nov 30, 2011 5:25 pm

Crimes against humanity? That sounds interesting!
kipissippi
kipissippi
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by hound dog Wed Nov 30, 2011 7:15 pm

[quote="gringal"]I, for one, appreciate Simpsca's reporting of whatever facts are available.

I second Gringal´s support for Simpsca´s´postings regarding criminal activity and community events and urge her to ignore baseless criticisms from whatever quarter.
hound dog
hound dog
Bad Dawg
Bad Dawg

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next