INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Person shot and is dead in Ajijic today

+15
Jim W
CanuckBob
David
ferret
johninajijic
kipissippi
lakesidecrime
hockables
CheenaGringo
susan
saege007
raqueteer
gringal
hound dog
simpsca
19 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Person shot and is dead in Ajijic today - Page 2 Empty Re: Person shot and is dead in Ajijic today

Post by hound dog Wed Nov 30, 2011 7:15 pm

[quote="gringal"]I, for one, appreciate Simpsca's reporting of whatever facts are available.

I second Gringal´s support for Simpsca´s´postings regarding criminal activity and community events and urge her to ignore baseless criticisms from whatever quarter.

hound dog
Bad Dawg
Bad Dawg

Back to top Go down

Person shot and is dead in Ajijic today - Page 2 Empty Re: Person shot and is dead in Ajijic today

Post by ferret Wed Nov 30, 2011 8:28 pm

[quote="hound dog"]
gringal wrote:I, for one, appreciate Simpsca's reporting of whatever facts are available.

I second Gringal´s support for Simpsca´s´postings regarding criminal activity and community events and urge her to ignore baseless criticisms from whatever quarter.

I also agree with the above two posters. Simpsca does not cry wolf.
ferret
ferret
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by hound dog Wed Nov 30, 2011 9:03 pm

The police may only be looking for one man because there was only one gun therefore one killer. Someone else may have been with the killer but what law did he break?
Better focus on the person who did the crime.
brigitte
hound dog
hound dog
Bad Dawg
Bad Dawg

Back to top Go down

Post by hockables Wed Nov 30, 2011 9:10 pm

It might be a bit out of some people's price range.... but there are video systems available today that come with a hard drive system capable of preserving months worth of video from 8 different day/nite video cameras... plus these video systems can be accessed/monitored by telephone or internet from anywhere... all this for about $2000.00 US

Had anyone on this street had one of these systems monitoring the street/driveway areas... they might have had this asshole on video
hockables
hockables
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by simpsca Wed Nov 30, 2011 9:30 pm

I bought a system that records at Costco for around $230 US. Haven't figured out how to hook it up yet - probably need to pay someone. I have a very old system that does not record, but I can see the street in front of my house and my yard and with my flood lights can even see what is going on at night. I priced one professionally installed and it's a lot less than $2,000 US and they hook them up to your DVD or DVR - whatever you have.
simpsca
simpsca
Events Reporter
Events Reporter

Back to top Go down

Post by susan Wed Nov 30, 2011 9:42 pm

in another few months all this will be forgotten. just like it was last year. if anyone adds to this thread later, they will become troll of the month. check out "chapala expat web board". they want to "help the young men in ajijic". another idiot, another know it all, another potential victim. & an insult to the widow. this is an incurable syndrome. liberalism is a mental disorder.

Last edited by susan on Wed Nov 30, 2011 9:44 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : spell)

susan
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : none

Back to top Go down

Post by hockables Wed Nov 30, 2011 9:43 pm

simpsca wrote:I bought a system that records at Costco for around $230 US. Haven't figured out how to hook it up yet - probably need to pay someone. I have a very old system that does not record, but I can see the street in front of my house and my yard and with my flood lights can even see what is going on at night. I priced one professionally installed and it's a lot less than $2,000 US and they hook them up to your DVD or DVR - whatever you have.

the system I was talking about has a hard drive ( memory ) that monitors 8 different cameras... for up to 3 months...
that meaning... you can scan back 3 weeks and check the kitchen camera... 2 days ago check the garage camera....
2 months ago check the front door camera...
this is monitoring 8 different stations using day & night camera and you can access video feed from any and all cameras for a 3 month period...from anywhere!! including back home in The US or Canada

this is a really good system and also available from Costco
hockables
hockables
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by David Wed Nov 30, 2011 9:53 pm

IMHO, Susan has a mental disorder. Shine on you crazy diamond!
David
David
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Good

Back to top Go down

Post by simpsca Wed Nov 30, 2011 9:54 pm

Hockables is it available at out Costcos here in Mexico? I have many friends asking and I'm interested also. That is a lot of recording power.
simpsca
simpsca
Events Reporter
Events Reporter

Back to top Go down

Post by simpsca Wed Nov 30, 2011 9:55 pm

David, I was just wondering where you were.
simpsca
simpsca
Events Reporter
Events Reporter

Back to top Go down

Post by hockables Wed Nov 30, 2011 10:02 pm

I've seen it in Costco Canada ... this is the kind of system corporations, businesses use ... pro equipment ... you can keep watch of kids and babysitters... housekeepers... set it for motion activation and use it on empty homes while you are away... I never checked, but am certain it ties into alarm systems... I'm sure if you have a Costco, it can be got...

day-nite/infrared cameras come with system
hockables
hockables
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Wed Nov 30, 2011 10:09 pm

hound dog wrote:The police may only be looking for one man because there was only one gun therefore one killer. Someone else may have been with the killer but what law did he break?
Better focus on the person who did the crime.
brigitte

I believe the 2nd guy would be called an accessory to the crime and found just as guilty as the shooter Mrs. Dawg. Beside he'll flip on his buddy faster than a fat chick at a chocolate bar If he is caught first.......
CanuckBob
CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sick and twisted

https://casadecomo.mx

Back to top Go down

Post by Jim W Wed Nov 30, 2011 10:57 pm

Me , sick and tired of reading this negative shit...on our board.... Person shot and is dead in Ajijic today - Page 2 87465
Jim W
Jim W
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Whenever I need it!

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Wed Nov 30, 2011 11:04 pm

Reality sucks eh...........

Beer
CanuckBob
CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by hockables Wed Nov 30, 2011 11:10 pm

Well if U gave Carolyn her own piece of the Board... I would visit it regularly... as would, I'm sure 90% of the folks...
You're only harping about it because of the repetitiveness.... that ain't Simpsca... thatz the Perps she is reporting about...
Not hearing it, won't make it go away...

You're doing great Carolyn... keep it up
hockables
hockables
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Wed Nov 30, 2011 11:16 pm

Agreed. Pulling an "ostrich" here will solve nothing and probably make things worse. The best start would be for the community to meet with the law enforcement to see what they need to crack down on this. If it's money, then some funds need to be raised and quick for extra enforcement and rewards.
CanuckBob
CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by kipissippi Wed Nov 30, 2011 11:29 pm

Sometimes Jim... you remind me of a very crude ostrich. Of course the best way to not have to read the negative shit is to NOT CLICK ON POSTS that start with "Person shot". Seems simple....
kipissippi
kipissippi
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : goofy

Back to top Go down

Post by hockables Wed Nov 30, 2011 11:35 pm

I think recent events close to home have left me with the impression there is much going on that the general public may not be privy to ....
This ain't Canada and It ain't The US... there is much that may go unreported, activities between Police & Cartels/Perps...this includes minor skirmishes involving automatic weapons and grenades... I believe the authorities are actively doing what they can, as they can... but they don't report it the way they do back home... I guess Mexico doesn't cater to CNN
Local & State & Federal Authorities are actively going after the Drug Cartels & Delivery Systems ( the money )

The recent killing this posting refers to... I'm guessing... is likely A Drug User.... the By-Product of the aforementioned

Mexican Authorities don't need your bullshit... and they don't deserve it either
hockables
hockables
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by David Thu Dec 01, 2011 6:53 am

hockables wrote:I've seen it in Costco Canada ... this is the kind of system corporations, businesses use ... pro equipment ... you can keep watch of kids and babysitters... housekeepers... set it for motion activation and use it on empty homes while you are away... I never checked, but am certain it ties into alarm systems... I'm sure if you have a Costco, it can be got...

day-nite/infrared cameras come with system

Costco in Guad had them some time back. I don't know if they currently have them.
David
David
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CheenaGringo Thu Dec 01, 2011 9:11 am

In today's email notice from Costco, they happen to be running specials on both their 8 camera and 16 camera systems:

8 Camera System $599.99 after $300 off:
http://www.costco.com/Browse/Product.aspx?Prodid=11672697&cm_mmc=BCEmail_Dec11MVM-_-Focus-_-3-_-MarketingItemName

16 Camera System $799.99 after $400 off:
http://www.costco.com/Browse/Product.aspx?Prodid=11678393&cm_mmc=BCEmail_Dec11MVM-_-Focus-_-0-_-MarketingItemName

[img]Person shot and is dead in Ajijic today - Page 2 60447410[/img]

With these discounts, it might be worth the hassle involved with getting one of these units transported down to Mexico!

CheenaGringo
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by viajero Thu Dec 01, 2011 12:09 pm

hockables wrote:I think recent events close to home have left me with the impression there is much going on that the general public may not be privy to ....
This ain't Canada and It ain't The US... there is much that may go unreported, activities between Police & Cartels/Perps...this includes minor skirmishes involving automatic weapons and grenades... I believe the authorities are actively doing what they can, as they can... but they don't report it the way they do back home... I guess Mexico doesn't cater to CNN
Local & State & Federal Authorities are actively going after the Drug Cartels & Delivery Systems ( the money )

The recent killing this posting refers to... I'm guessing... is likely A Drug User.... the By-Product of the aforementioned

Mexican Authorities don't need your bullshit... and they don't deserve it either
IMO mexican law enforcement is a joke and I'll bet you 98% of mexicans would agree with that assesment,I'm not saying there are'nt any good cops here,just that the justice system doesn't work due to a whole lot of factors.
Chris

viajero
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Twain

Back to top Go down

Post by Lehrer Thu Dec 01, 2011 3:56 pm

Jim W wrote:Me , sick and tired of reading this negative shit...on our board.... Person shot and is dead in Ajijic today - Page 2 87465

I'm searching the periodicals, web-boards, and crime watch sites -- looking for the report that "Jim W" was forced to read negative shit at the point of a gun in spite of being sick and tired of reading....

Dead Horse

lol!
Lehrer
Lehrer
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sometimes

Back to top Go down

Post by Jim W Thu Dec 01, 2011 5:15 pm

Lehrer wrote:
Jim W wrote:Me , sick and tired of reading this negative shit...on our board.... Person shot and is dead in Ajijic today - Page 2 87465

I'm searching the periodicals, web-boards, and crime watch sites -- looking for the report that "Jim W" was forced to read negative shit at the point of a gun in spite of being sick and tired of reading....

Dead Horse

lol!

Blackeye OK...Ya got me...bad choice of words...I do read it...just kinda miss...the way it was 7 years ago. When I moved here in 05, seldom heard anything violent...home invasion or auto break-in Blackeye Now we experience car jacking, murder at Lakeside, gun fights in Chapala . Sadly, it is going to get worse, before it gets better....YA Think? Person shot and is dead in Ajijic today - Page 2 169387

Jim W
Jim W
Jim W
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Whenever I need it!

Back to top Go down

Post by David Thu Dec 01, 2011 5:26 pm

'05 was 6 years ago and it was marginally better then. There's always a crime wave in Oct/Nov, especially around the Fiesta San Andres.
David
David
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by raqueteer Thu Dec 01, 2011 5:41 pm

First of all we arrived here in 1999. The very same week a couple were killed in their home in Central Ajijic.

One year later, another couple were also killed in their home in Ajijic.

I'm not that sure that things for the gringos are that much worse now than they were then.

While we didn't have major incidents on the streets, which don't involve us in any case, the rate of murders of gringos has stayed much the same. IMO.

What is alarming is the number of reported armed attacks. My understanding is that an armed home invasion or attack is treated a great deal more seriously and the sentences are also much longer. YMMV.

raqueteer
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Thu Dec 01, 2011 7:46 pm

Also 5 or 6 years ago there wasn't a bunch of uncensored forums catering to the lakeside residents allowing up to the minute chatter about all the crime in the area. Prior to this board, Crapola censored everything that detracted from paradise. Any of the others that came and went only had 50 members and were barely used. Welcome to the information highway people............
CanuckBob
CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next