INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Itch & Hock's Restaurant Reviews

5 posters

Go down

Itch & Hock's Restaurant Reviews Empty Itch & Hock's Restaurant Reviews

Post by hockables Tue Nov 29, 2011 9:53 pm

Today ... on our Semi-Dayly trip to get sumthin to eat... we visited The Italian Joint across from The Oxxo on the Carretera, near but not at Colon St.

Itch had the Bruschetta & Lasagna... I had the Minestrone Soup & Veal Parmesan... we downed it all with Chianti... not the cheap stuff, the real Italian stuff.

Not sure if Itch liked his Bruschetta cause he kept trying ta get me ta eat it... he musta liked the Lasagna because he finished that....

I thought the Ministrone wuz Exquisite... the Veal wuz good to cause it wuz the Real Chopped Kind not the Breaded Fresh From The Freezer Kind...

The Real Italian Chianti was pretty good to... predominantly floral and cinnamon spicy bouquet, medium-high acidity and medium tannins, notes of cherry, plum and raspberry. The Italians Economy might be in the Crapper but they sure know how ta make wine...

All in all I'd hafta say "A Person could do worse... for $75.00 including Tip...

Dress Code is pretty lax... socks & sandals are allowed...:)

hockables
hockables
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Itch & Hock's Restaurant Reviews Empty Re: Itch & Hock's Restaurant Reviews

Post by CanuckBob Tue Nov 29, 2011 9:57 pm

For 75.00 I hope you had quite a bit of that girlie beer........
CanuckBob
CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sick and twisted

https://casadecomo.mx

Back to top Go down

Post by Walter Tue Nov 29, 2011 10:02 pm

Thank God he didn't identify me as Walter! I would be so embarrassed! And yeh, my gut feels like it consumed $750 worth of good products.

middle finger
Walter
Walter
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Tue Nov 29, 2011 10:06 pm

Well that's what you get for hanging with those rich prairie boys.......
CanuckBob
CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sick and twisted

https://casadecomo.mx

Back to top Go down

Post by hound dog Wed Nov 30, 2011 9:04 am

hockables wrote:The Real Italian Chianti was pretty good to... predominantly floral and cinnamon spicy bouquet, medium-high acidity and medium tannins, notes of cherry, plum and raspberry. The Italians Economy might be in the Crapper but they sure know how ta make wine...

All in all I'd hafta say "A Person could do worse... for $75.00 including Tip...

What is it about this post that seems incongruous to the Dawg? This is better than John In Ajijic´s restaurant reviews as John doesn´t imbibe in alcoholic bevarages. Dawg has never seen a more eloquent review of Carlo Rossi Special San Joaquin Valley Jug Reserve Vintages 2005 through 2010 with undertones of railway tie creosote.

An amazing meal for $75 Pesos or around $6 Loonies including generous Canadian tip.
hound dog
hound dog
Bad Dawg
Bad Dawg

Back to top Go down

Post by hockables Wed Nov 30, 2011 10:51 am

AAuugggh.... thank you for the heads up.... I must get used to thinking and quoting in the local currencies...

What with John leaving us and all....I'd hoped to display my skills in Food Reviews... Maybe I could be the next Ajijic Food Critique....
get published in The Times...The Herald.....The New Yorker!!
hockables
hockables
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by johninajijic Wed Nov 30, 2011 2:37 pm

hockables wrote:AAuugggh.... thank you for the heads up.... I must get used to thinking and quoting in the local currencies...

What with John leaving us and all....I'd hoped to display my skills in Food Reviews... Maybe I could be the next Ajijic Food Critique....
get published in The Times...The Herald.....The New Yorker!!

Not leaving yet! And if you think that was good Italian food, try Angelica's Bistro for REAL Italian food made by a REAL Italian, not a Mexican. We ate at Tratorria de Ajijic years ago. Never again and dinners were waaaaay overpriced. I will say they're brick oven pizza is the best around, even much better than Toscana, but we make our own every Saturday night.
johninajijic
johninajijic
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sometimes

Back to top Go down

Post by hockables Thu Dec 01, 2011 1:01 pm

Today I go to Glorias... Itch is off fer the day... something he ate!!

I start the day , snooping on this very Board... When one of it's members, who shall remain nameless.... bait's me outta my comfort zone to meet him for Breakfast at Glorias... then, he doesn't show up!! Yes Dear Readers... Hocks wuz stood up!!

Matters not... more for me!!

Anyway... Glorias... a neat little place hiding down by the lake in El Chante... if yer com'n from Chapala or Ajijic just drive past those stupid looking orange shoebox places and turn towards the lake...

Glorias is run by Gloria and she provides great home cook'n for an honest price... while I wuz sitt'n there waiting for nameless, we struck up great conversation... they even showed me around their home...truely some of the nicest people I've had opportunity to meet,
And the food is good too!!

Hocks says 4 stars... a real Gem In The Rough!!.... Itch says... Uuuuuurp ( but that wuz from last nite )
hockables
hockables
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down