INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

10,000 peso reward for capture and arrest of:

+10
susan
Intercasa
Ricardo
lakesidecrime
57Chevy
larryc
CheenaGringo
brigitte
Lehrer
simpsca
14 posters

Go down

10,000 peso reward for capture and  arrest of: Empty 10,000 peso reward for capture and arrest of:

Post by simpsca Mon Dec 12, 2011 6:21 pm

$10,000 PESOS REWARD for the Capture and Arrest of killers of Chris Kahr or any of these men:

Reward offered by Community Security Iniitiative (CSI) Click below to see sketch of suspects:

http://lakesidecrime.com/mainmenu/reward.php
simpsca
simpsca
Events Reporter
Events Reporter

Back to top Go down

10,000 peso reward for capture and  arrest of: Empty Re: 10,000 peso reward for capture and arrest of:

Post by Lehrer Mon Dec 12, 2011 7:43 pm

Three of those sketches seem to be of the same person, but I'm not sure I could recognize him if I saw him on the streets.

At any rate, this is progress!

cheers
Lehrer
Lehrer
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sometimes

Back to top Go down

10,000 peso reward for capture and  arrest of: Empty Re: 10,000 peso reward for capture and arrest of:

Post by brigitte Mon Dec 12, 2011 8:01 pm

How does one communicate with CSI ? Who is supposed to give you a number to protect your identity?
Once I get the answers I will pass the information around.

brigitte
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CheenaGringo Mon Dec 12, 2011 8:20 pm

In consideration that this involves a murder, is $10,000MXN an adequate reward for this test of the new CSI program? As proven by the Crime Stoppers program, it takes some time to earn the trust of the community that they will remain totally anonymous and that any offered rewards will be paid. To be the first to tip off in this new program, one would be taking a huge chance that the system will work the way promised and could make or break the entire concept. Let's say the program produces and the suspects are apprehended, it is important for the program to announce its success but then there will be a great deal of speculation around the criminal element to to just who made the tip. It can be a great motivator but not without its pitfalls!

CheenaGringo
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by simpsca Mon Dec 12, 2011 8:43 pm

I've just sent an email to Lakesidecrime.com and will post the reporting number ASAP.
simpsca
simpsca
Events Reporter
Events Reporter

Back to top Go down

Post by larryc Tue Dec 13, 2011 1:12 pm

wow, i thought i was a bad artist, maybe I have a career yet
larryc
larryc
Share Holder
Share Holder

http://www.gringosinparadise.com.mx

Back to top Go down

Post by simpsca Tue Dec 13, 2011 1:36 pm

Still waiting to hear from Lakesidecrime.com about who to contact if any of these individuals is spotted. Yes several of the sketches look like the same person. I know they interviewed everyone who had a home invasion and was willing to give details. Plus I believe the witnesses to the shooting death.
simpsca
simpsca
Events Reporter
Events Reporter

Back to top Go down

Post by 57Chevy Tue Dec 13, 2011 1:45 pm

Is the man with the round, piercing, scarey eyes of a white complexion? With lighter colored hair? I think one of the crime reports on said the perp was light skinned. OK. One of the home invasions had a person who spoke English. Could this be a gringo? Or is it certain he is Mexican? Does anyone know?

BTW, thank you Simpsca for putting this here. Appreciate it.
57Chevy
57Chevy
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by lakesidecrime Tue Dec 13, 2011 2:59 pm

The CSI team did let us know the contact info if you spot one of the suspects - but we are still waiting to get a phone number from the team as to who to contact to qualify for the reward.

Here is the link to the sketches and police numbers. We will update the reward number when we receive it.

http://lakesidecrime.com/mainmenu/reward.php

lakesidecrime

Back to top Go down

Post by Ricardo Tue Dec 13, 2011 3:26 pm

I have a little trouble believing that victims at three separate crime scenes would have spontaneously used the same phrase to describe the perp's eyes: "round, scary". Methinks someone is putting words in someone's mouth.

Ricardo
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Lehrer Tue Dec 13, 2011 6:28 pm

Ricardo wrote:I have a little trouble believing that victims at three separate crime scenes would have spontaneously used the same phrase to describe the perp's eyes: "round, scary". Methinks someone is putting words in someone's mouth.
Were you there????
Evil or Very Mad
Lehrer
Lehrer
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sometimes

Back to top Go down

Post by CheenaGringo Tue Dec 13, 2011 8:35 pm

CSI Talk about getting the cart before the horse! This is absolutely ludicrous that they would announce a reward before they have anything in place in the way of an anonymous tip line!

When the heck are they going to figure out that it is all about credibility and not about a big promotional campaign? Get it set up properly and then open your mouth! On another website, I saw it posted that you could call the regular reporting numbers for the Chapala Police Department and another standard reporting line. What part of the big picture don' you get? People do not trust these sources and they won't be calling them with tips to collect a reward!

CheenaGringo
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Intercasa Tue Dec 13, 2011 9:33 pm

The descriptions made it seems like the perps were on crack. I saw the original sketches at the police station by chance when I was there on business. Maybe drugged out appearances would be described the same way, I did also note the similar descriptions but chalk it up to describing someone cracked out - strung out.
Intercasa
Intercasa
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Barbed wit

Back to top Go down

Post by brigitte Wed Dec 14, 2011 8:52 am

CheenaGringo wrote:CSI Talk about getting the cart before the horse! This is absolutely ludicrous that they would announce a reward before they have anything in place in the way of an anonymous tip line!

When the heck are they going to figure out that it is all about credibility and not about a big promotional campaign? Get it set up properly and then open your mouth! On another website, I saw it posted that you could call the regular reporting numbers for the Chapala Police Department and another standard reporting line. What part of the big picture don' you get? People do not trust these sources and they won't be calling them with tips to collect a reward!

No kidding, it is a big circle jerk..in English of course... If the guys are from Lakeside the persons who will know them are Mexicans, especially the gangs. Putting the sketches without any annoucements in Spanish or with no number other than the police number is a big waste of time. People are not calling the police and they are going to call the police to get a reward? Get serious.

brigitte
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by simpsca Wed Dec 14, 2011 9:20 am

I agree, and so does Lakesidecrime.com, that the whole thing about sketches, reporting and a reward should be better organized. But it is all we have at the moment.
simpsca
simpsca
Events Reporter
Events Reporter

Back to top Go down

Post by brigitte Wed Dec 14, 2011 9:28 am

ok we ll wait for the guys to be gone and this way there is no problem...Thanks for your answer.

brigitte
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CheenaGringo Wed Dec 14, 2011 9:44 am

How hard would it have been to setup a dedicated email address and a dedicated cell phone number to have some means to communicate until they get their act together?

CheenaGringo
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CheenaGringo Thu Dec 15, 2011 4:28 pm

A couple of questions here:

1) From Lakeside Crime, it appears that there have been four armed home invasions reported recently ( Rancho del Oro 10/22& 11/19, Chapala Haciendas 11/11, Ajijic 11/21). Does it seem to anyone else that the Rancho del Oro incidents are receiving the attention while the others are ignored? I have seen very little being said about the 11/21 incident in Ajijic.

2) Is everyone simply buying into the leave of absence excuse for El Presidente's departure?

CheenaGringo
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by susan Thu Dec 15, 2011 4:54 pm

they will be buy anything they are told to buy. police will arrest a few boys. the dumb dumbs will be happy. headlines will say "police doing good job, thanks to americans & linda fossi". 2 weeks later (or 2 days), the boys will be released, the reward will be shared. high season is just around the corner. i predict........by febuary action begins, stay tuned.

susan
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : none

Back to top Go down

Post by David Thu Dec 15, 2011 5:41 pm

CheenaGringo wrote:A couple of questions here:

2) Is everyone simply buying into the leave of absence excuse for El Presidente's departure?

He running for State congress and must take a leave to campaign. This is happening all over Mexico at this time as we head towards the July 2012 elections.
David
David
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Good

Back to top Go down

Post by Mainecoons Thu Dec 15, 2011 6:27 pm

Update on this is that the witnesses went to GDL today to ID the perp and confirm if this is the killer. We're supposed to get an email tomorrow about this.
Mainecoons
Mainecoons
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Mad Magazine

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Fri Dec 16, 2011 10:10 am

Here are the results of yesterdays events:

Dear Friends,

I will make this short and sweet, as my own home security was breached last night at 10:30pm and the security company is on its way over.

Yesterday, four of victims were at our local Ministerios Publicos for many hours. The sole purpose was to identify the captured criminals as shown in the Guadalajara Pagina Policia newspaper on Dec 14th.

Two victims ID’ed ONE MAN. However, the Kahrs wished to be taken to the Guadalajara Prison and to physically see the three suspects before making a 100% identification.

Once there, both of the Kahrs DID identify the SAME man as the other two victims did, as the murderer, Arturo Arceo Garcia Espiritu, known locally as Barro. The murder weapon, a 32 caliber handgun was also recovered.

The other two men shown in the newspaper were NOT ID’ed by these victims, even though in all instances there were TWO MEN involved. That means at least ONE BAD GUY is still not apprehended. BE CAREFUL DO NOT LET DOWN YOUR GUARD.

However, the other two men in the jail HAVE BEEN IDENTIFIED as the KIDNAPPERS in an incident that occurred here about 10 days ago. (That is a long story and won’t be discussed at this time). So things are happening! BAD GUYS ARE IN JAIL.

Other Important News:

Our 01-800 Anonymous Hot Line is almost up and running, thanks to Alberto Costales and Capitan Reynol. Alberto has been working every day with TelMex, the police capitan, and the HOT TIPS founder. We are hoping for a start up soon.

Our Neighborhood watch program is underway, and I know many of you have had, or are having your neighborhood meetings. We have the forms available and hope we can have Howard Feldstein at LCS distribute these to his membership and Sandra Loridians of the Rotary Club, do the same. If you want your club to also have these forms, we would be happy to get them to you.

You might have also noticed the police presence in town has been extraordinary! Plus the 26 or so, 360 degree cameras HAVE BEEN INSTALLED in various locations throughout the Chapala/Ajijic area.

THINGS ARE HAPPENING and it’s all because of YOU….YOU stood up and were counted last week. Without your overwhelming support in numbers alone, these actions would not be happening this rapidly. THANK YOU. Stay vigilant and stay alert. There are still very bad men around… And as always, it is impossible for me to get everyone’s name on the emails, so please send this to your friends and ask them to do the same.

Sincerely, Your CSI Team
CanuckBob
CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sick and twisted

https://casadecomo.mx

Back to top Go down

Post by ferret Fri Dec 16, 2011 1:28 pm

Kudos to those who rallied to get this done properly.

Question...I have read a number of times that prisons NOB are releasing prisoners who are not American citizens and deporting them. Does anyone know if the American jail system is even informing the Mexican authorities that they have "incoming"?
ferret
ferret
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CheenaGringo Fri Dec 16, 2011 2:34 pm

"Question...I have read a number of times that prisons NOB are releasing prisoners who are not American citizens and deporting them. Does anyone know if the American jail system is even informing the Mexican authorities that they have "incoming"?"

President Calderon made this allegation back in October and there is some foundation to his allegations. With so many States experiencing budget problems, they are releasing prisoners by granting them "early out" before finishing their sentences. From what I have read, Mexico cannot arrest or detain these people for crimes committed NOB. Now if they are wanted for a crime committed in Mexico, they can be detained but apparently the Mexican system is not capable of processing or checking the shear numbers being sent back. To further compound the problem, the US is deporting to the border crossings as far away as possible from where they initially crossed or their home towns. This practice has exacerbated the crime numbers in many of these towns. Mexicali is one such town that I have seen mentioned.

As far as notifications go, there are some attempts being made to standardize and streamline a notification system but it has a long way to go on both sides of the border.

CheenaGringo
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by susan Fri Dec 16, 2011 4:03 pm

as of ten years ago, the cost of a prisoner (in the US) was $100,000 per yr. (this cost multiplied was astounding). the first illegals to be deported should be the criminals. mexico does not have a prison "industry". (it is not R.I.). who will check in 6 months or 1 year, to see if this boy is still in jail?

susan
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : none

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down