INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

FUN - For Those of You Missing NOB Weather

+5
johninajijic
CanuckBob
raqueteer
Mainecoons
CheenaGringo
9 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

FUN - For Those of You Missing NOB Weather - Page 2 Empty Re: FUN - For Those of You Missing NOB Weather

Post by CheenaGringo Tue Dec 20, 2011 5:07 pm

Zed:

As the saying goes: "upstate New York is a good place to be from"! My relatives were from the Syracuse area, I went to prep school in Lake Placid and some summers were spent either at Sandy Pond or in/near Clayton. Went I left for college in Denver back in the 60's, I swore I would never return and I haven't!

When I landed at Logan after the blizzard of '78, two sales reps that worked for me picked me up. When trying to drive around piles of snow and into blind intersections, the rep driving said: "don't worry, we have straight on red in Boston".

CheenaGringo
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

FUN - For Those of You Missing NOB Weather - Page 2 Empty Re: FUN - For Those of You Missing NOB Weather

Post by johninajijic Tue Dec 20, 2011 6:05 pm

Neil - Did your sales rep have too much to drink that day?
johninajijic
johninajijic
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sometimes

Back to top Go down

Post by Mainecoons Tue Dec 20, 2011 6:09 pm

LOL. We definitely have "straight on red" here in Mexico.

Never heard it put that way, perfect!
Mainecoons
Mainecoons
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Mad Magazine

Back to top Go down

Post by johninajijic Tue Dec 20, 2011 6:42 pm

Mainecoons wrote:LOL. We definitely have "straight on red" here in Mexico.

Never heard it put that way, perfect!

We have better than that in Mexico, no turn signals, no brake lights, turning left or right against no turn signs (example Colon), pass on right at high speeds, pass over solid line and cut you off at 70 mph highway speeds to get in front. Of course speed up when you're trying to pass safely.
johninajijic
johninajijic
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sometimes

Back to top Go down

Post by Mainecoons Tue Dec 20, 2011 9:00 pm

Yes, it really helps that I've ridden motorcycles for over 50 years. Only the paranoid survive on a motorcycle and I've translated that to driving in Mexico.

Or Albuquerque!

Very Happy
Mainecoons
Mainecoons
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by borderreiver Tue Dec 20, 2011 9:43 pm

Has it ever snowed Lakeside ?
borderreiver
borderreiver
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : humor is spelt incorrectly

Back to top Go down

Post by CheenaGringo Tue Dec 20, 2011 9:54 pm

If one considers, Ixtlahuacan part of Lakeside, then the answer is YES! Our house was completed in '98 and it snowed there in 1999 or 2000? We were NOB and didn't see it.

By the way Mainecoons, you are right that we live in the heights (Tramway & Comanche) and as predicted the streets were totally clear of any snow or slush by noon.

CheenaGringo
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by ferret Tue Dec 20, 2011 9:56 pm

I don't know about Lakeside but in January of '98 there was a little snow in Guad. which melted fairly quickly according to Pete Johanson on TOB.

That same January, we were living in San Miguel de Allende...no snow but it was below freezing and, I swear, every water pipe in the city sprang a leak...looked like a million fountains from the rooftop and sort of hazy...quite pretty actually. The plumbers made out like bandits repairing frozen pipes.
ferret
ferret
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CheenaGringo Wed Dec 21, 2011 1:53 pm

"Luckily I had a Saab 99 4WD then......."

This just sounded doubtful back in 1978 to me but not being a gear head, I went to a Saab site and some independent sites and discovered that Saab did not make a 99 w/4WD back then. Could be explained as:
1) Another senior moment?
2) Creative writing 101?
3) Or __________ (fill in the blank)?

CheenaGringo
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Mainecoons Wed Dec 21, 2011 4:16 pm

CheenaGringo wrote:If one considers, Ixtlahuacan part of Lakeside, then the answer is YES! Our house was completed in '98 and it snowed there in 1999 or 2000? We were NOB and didn't see it.

By the way Mainecoons, you are right that we live in the heights (Tramway & Comanche) and as predicted the streets were totally clear of any snow or slush by noon.

Nice area!

But I'll betcha it isn't 75 with a crystal blue sky like it is here today. Very Happy
Mainecoons
Mainecoons
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2