INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A warning for motorists over the holidays

+7
Zedinmexico
Gamina
Jim W
CheenaGringo
johninajijic
fat chance
raqueteer
11 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

A warning for motorists over the holidays - Page 2 Empty Re: A warning for motorists over the holidays

Post by Parker Fri Dec 30, 2011 9:31 am

CheenaGringo wrote:The article which follows pretty much confirms what the Dawg had to say about the enforcement of DWI laws. With 2,354 tests conducted in December and only 17 positive tests, it seems to me that this is a very low percentage:
http://translate.googleusercontent.com/translate_c?hl=en&rurl=translate.google.com&sl=auto&tl=en&twu=1&u=http://www.informador.com.mx/jalisco/2011/347791/6/sancionan-a-17-personas-por-dar-positivo-en-alcoholimetro.htm&usg=ALkJrhiWwa9tf9IgtoeNsJrChcABXRt4Zw

It sounds like the cops had a very merry Christmas, No? Beer

Parker
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

A warning for motorists over the holidays - Page 2 Empty Re: A warning for motorists over the holidays

Post by hound dog Fri Dec 30, 2011 9:48 am

Parker wrote:
CheenaGringo wrote:The article which follows pretty much confirms what the Dawg had to say about the enforcement of DWI laws. With 2,354 tests conducted in December and only 17 positive tests, it seems to me that this is a very low percentage:
http://translate.googleusercontent.com/translate_c?hl=en&rurl=translate.google.com&sl=auto&tl=en&twu=1&u=http://www.informador.com.mx/jalisco/2011/347791/6/sancionan-a-17-personas-por-dar-positivo-en-alcoholimetro.htm&usg=ALkJrhiWwa9tf9IgtoeNsJrChcABXRt4Zw

Dawg loves this. 2,354 tests for the month of December and 17 drunks identified. The mordida was flowing like wine. That, incidentally, means that countless borrachos were proceeding up your carreteras after being pulled over looped out of their minds but lighter of wallet or purse to endanger everyone in their paths until they reached their destinations - all so another crooked cop could line his pockets. Who among us being honest with themselves and other correspondents sharing this forum, would not pay mordida even after just a small amount of alcohol consumed to move on after that breathalizer test which was actually performed with a plastic stage ray gun from the set of Plan Nine From Outer Space the only function of which is to scare the motorist into poducing his/her wallet.
hound dog
hound dog
Bad Dawg
Bad Dawg

Back to top Go down

Post by raqueteer Fri Dec 30, 2011 11:32 am

hound dog wrote:
Parker wrote:

Dawg loves this. 2,354 tests for the month of December and 17 drunks identified. The mordida was flowing like wine. That, incidentally, means that countless borrachos were proceeding up your carreteras after being pulled over looped out of their minds but lighter of wallet or purse to endanger everyone in their paths until they reached their destinations - all so another crooked cop could line his pockets. Who among us being honest with themselves and other correspondents sharing this forum, would not pay mordida even after just a small amount of alcohol consumed to move on after that breathalizer test which was actually performed with a plastic stage ray gun from the set of Plan Nine From Outer Space the only function of which is to scare the motorist into poducing his/her wallet.

Unbelievable. I know from that chart that after only 2 drinks I would blow over, so yes, I would be lining some pocket, there's no doubt about it. None whatsoever. But, there's another idea. Importation of portable breathalyzers like we used to have in Canada before they got so nasty and mean spirited. I sense a profitable business opportunity here.

raqueteer
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CheenaGringo Mon Jan 02, 2012 4:26 pm

Here is an interesting comparison: in Queretaro, they administered 80 breathalyzer tests between December 26 and January 1. Of those tested, 21 were arrested for DWI . That is if I am reading the following article correctly?

http://translate.googleusercontent.com/translate_c?hl=en&rurl=translate.google.com&sl=auto&tl=en&twu=1&u=http://www.eluniversal.com.mx/notas/819814.html&usg=ALkJrhiFLiTQZ1uBRqDHciSlKxThM2hQQA

CheenaGringo
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by raqueteer Mon Jan 02, 2012 4:43 pm

CheenaGringo wrote:Here is an interesting comparison: in Queretaro, they administered 80 breathalyzer tests between December 26 and January 1. Of those tested, 21 were arrested for DWI . That is if I am reading the following article correctly?

http://translate.googleusercontent.com/translate_c?hl=en&rurl=translate.google.com&sl=auto&tl=en&twu=1&u=http://www.eluniversal.com.mx/notas/819814.html&usg=ALkJrhiFLiTQZ1uBRqDHciSlKxThM2hQQA

You are, and that's not a lot considering the holidays.

raqueteer
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CheenaGringo Mon Jan 02, 2012 4:47 pm

But the 25%+ rate for Queretaro is certainly better than the miniscule percentage achieved in Jalisco.

CheenaGringo
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by raqueteer Mon Jan 02, 2012 4:52 pm

It is indeed, I'll have to ask some friends who live there what the mordida level is like. Maybe cops in Queretaro are more expensive than in Jalisco?

raqueteer
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Jim W Mon Jan 02, 2012 7:02 pm

Raq, They use to say I had a drinking problem.....I drink ....get drunk...."Fall Down".....no problem......LMAO

Happy Daze to you,

Jim W
Jim W
Jim W
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Whenever I need it!

Back to top Go down

Post by CheenaGringo Mon Jan 02, 2012 7:17 pm

Jim:

IMO, whatever one does within the confines of their own home is something only they can answer for. Take it out to the streets and get behind the wheel of a car and then there is a far greater potential for having to answer for a great deal more!

As for Raq's comments, I have a friend who lives in Galindo/San Juan del Rio south of Queretaro and he has been impressed by the seriousness of the police in that general area. Just the other day, I was talking to him on his cell phone and he got into a heated discussion with a driver from DF about parking in a handicap zone. Since he is an amputee, he is tuned into the problem. By the time things were all said and done, the police showed up and ticketed the DF driver.

CheenaGringo
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Jim W Mon Jan 02, 2012 8:09 pm

I agree Neil, I bailed out of corporate America in the early 70's....made mega bucks over 10 years don't drink and drive....or try to spell LMAOARIAC.....I love this one as most can't comprehend.....Have a great night.......DUCKS WIN
Jim W
Jim W
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by raqueteer Mon Jan 02, 2012 8:26 pm

Jim W wrote:Raq, They use to say I had a drinking problem.....I drink ....get drunk...."Fall Down".....no problem......LMAO

Happy Daze to you,

Jim W

Yes indeed, happy daze to you as well. I'm probably a lot smaller than you Jim, so two drinks will seriously push me over the limit, not a joke. Now, having said that, there's no way I'd be in rough enough shape not to take to the roads after 3 ounces of liquor. In fact, my Dad, wee Dave ( a joke) was seriously alcoholic, he was also a surgeon, (oooop's). He maintained that one ought to keep in shape, and not be a wuss about drinking. Now, if diabetes hadn't nailed him to the wall, he'd probably be down here today, at our bar, drinking everyone under the table, and telling the best jokes you ever heard. BTW he was also regarded as the best surgeon of his kind in Toronto.

Booze has certain benefits:
It's a vasodilator, reducing high blood pressure.
It's relaxing, and stress is a major killer.
There's a reduced risk of heart disease.
Alcoholics usually have blood vessels that are cleaner than a whistle. Cholesterol, not a problem. Don't start now folks.
It also may have blood thinning properties.
But wait, there's more, at the link provided.

http://www.medicalnewstoday.com/releases/3968.php

Sooo as long as you're careful, liquor is not nearly as bad for you as people say. Neither BTW are cigarettes. But don't hit the road Jack!!!!!

A drink a day keeps the doctor away, and that's good enough for me, in fact I'll go double and make it two. Hell, don't want to develop a cholesterol problem.

raqueteer
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Jim W Mon Jan 02, 2012 8:35 pm

raqueteer wrote:
Jim W wrote:Raq, They use to say I had a drinking problem.....I drink ....get drunk...."Fall Down".....no problem......LMAO

Happy Daze to you,

Jim W

Yes indeed, happy daze to you as well. I'm probably a lot smaller than you Jim, so two drinks will seriously push me over the limit, not a joke. Now, having said that, there's no way I'd be in rough enough shape not to take to the roads after 3 ounces of liquor. In fact, my Dad, wee Dave ( a joke) was seriously alcoholic, he was also a surgeon, (oooop's). He maintained that one ought to keep in shape, and not be a wuss about drinking. Now, if diabetes hadn't nailed him to the wall, he'd probably be down here today, at our bar, drinking everyone under the table, and telling the best jokes you ever heard. BTW he was also regarded as the best surgeon of his kind in Toronto.

Booze has certain benefits:
It's a vasodilator, reducing high blood pressure.
It's relaxing, and stress is a major killer.
There's a reduced risk of heart disease.
Alcoholics usually have blood vessels that are cleaner than a whistle. Cholesterol, not a problem. Don't start now folks.
It also may have blood thinning properties.
But wait, there's more, at the link provided.

http://www.medicalnewstoday.com/releases/3968.php

Sooo as long as you're careful, liquor is not nearly as bad for you as people say. Neither BTW are cigarettes. But don't hit the road Jack!!!!!

A drink a day keeps the doctor away, and that's good enough for me, in fact I'll go double and make it two. Hell, don't want to develop a cholesterol problem.

RAQ...Just funnin with ya....sorry ...adious me...Have a good night...sorry for offense
Jim W
Jim W
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by raqueteer Mon Jan 02, 2012 10:30 pm

Jim, I'm not even slightly offended. I stand by the health benefits of alcohol in reasonable amounts.
Beer

raqueteer
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2