INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CTV NEWS - Irresponsible journalism

+13
awana
susan
drmike
Mainecoons
hockables
viajero
Zedinmexico
Solovino
gringal
ferret
raqueteer
CanuckBob
hound dog
17 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

CTV NEWS - Irresponsible journalism - Page 2 Empty Re: CTV NEWS - Irresponsible journalism

Post by awana Fri Jan 27, 2012 1:11 am

Dawg, it's interesting that you say.. " Dawg is addicted not to hocky but to curling so there must be some Canadian blood in the family before they had the good sense to move to warm, sunny Alabama after arriving in Quebec from Scotland escaping Brit oppression".

Is it possible that you were part of Le Grand Derangement of 1755–1763, when following the French and Indian War, British colonial officers and New England legislators and militia carried out that Great Deportation of 11,500 Acadians from the Lower Canada region. Approximately one-third perished from disease and drowning after being loaded on ships and deported to Louisiana where they became know as Cajuns and others moved to places like Alabama.
But again maybe not, if so, you would know that the real Poutine is a mixture of well done French fries, excellent rich gravy and curds... certainly not cheese.

awana

Back to top Go down

CTV NEWS - Irresponsible journalism - Page 2 Empty Re: CTV NEWS - Irresponsible journalism

Post by raqueteer Fri Jan 27, 2012 5:01 am

Well, let's see:

1. susan, no mention of a wallet, no mention of vendors wares, just vendors (vendors of what?). Case closed.
2. susan again, comment section, no reporter, no story just an unconfirmed gratuitous comment by some anonymous person. Case closed.

(quote susan)
those canadians who wrote into the paper are smarter than you.
(end quote)
No susan, they are however smarter than YOU.

3. awana, Dawg is Scottish, not Acadian. Case closed.
Acadians are the descendants of a group of French-speaking settlers who migrated from coastal France in the late sixteenth century to establish a French colony called Acadia in the maritime provinces of Canada.
4. awana again, curds, what kind of curds, cheese curds. Cheese curds certainly are cheese. Case closed.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cheese_curds

Therefore awana real poutine is made with real cheese.

Apparently people we have living proof here that survival of the fittest is a dubious concept at best.

raqueteer
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by ferret Fri Jan 27, 2012 7:49 am

Further to Raq's post above...
And guess what happens when cheese curds hit piping hot french fries with piping hot gravy?...they melt.
ferret
ferret
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by hound dog Fri Jan 27, 2012 8:55 am

hockables wrote: Dawg.... newsnet is more on the ball than yer Yanqui Shit... CNN and FOX...
snork....

¡Pedro!

Dawg thought you were dead but here you are posting under the nom de internet of "hockables!". You must be receiving your CTV, CNN & Fox news through osmosis since by the time they come on the air, we (you and Dawg) are both in our cups and what is actually being said is undiscernable to our impaired hearing organs and, even if discerned, would not be recollected later when attempting, unsuccessfully, to post a comment here that even sounds remotely rational.
SNORK (is it?)
hound dog
hound dog
Bad Dawg
Bad Dawg

Back to top Go down

Post by SnowDaddy Fri Jan 27, 2012 10:37 am

Zedinmexico wrote:Sorry but just saw a Harvey's commercial on a sat station. Obviously
they think they need to advertise now. Being from PNW US did not know
about them. Still trying to figure out the overly advertised Tim Horton ads.
Is this the Canadian Duncan Donuts we have in US? So what was so
special about Harveys? I only miss Trader Joes in US, don't miss anything
else.

Z

Harvey's Burgers, are IMHO, the best burgers in Canada, they were even better when they first came to Winnipeg when I lived there for a period of time, they were char grilled right in front of you, and you could see the guy cutting huge freakin potatos in the huge freakin chopper, so you knew those fries were never frozen, awesome stuff even before awesome was a word of choice.

Sadly however they have fallen to the level of most Hamburger Joints, the fries are no longer fresh, but the burgers are still Char grilled. I gotta have one every time I go to the Home Depot in Langley, sometimes I go to the Home Depot in Langley just to have a Harvey's Burger even though there is a Home Depot not far from where I live.

PS: Tim Hortons is an institution in Canada, Tim Horton was a Hockey player for the Toronto Maple Leafs way back in the day of The Original Six. I don't know about Dunkin Donuts, of which we have a few here on the coast, but they sure don't have a line up cars half way around the block to the drive thru like they have at Tim's at times.

SnowDaddy
SnowDaddy
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sarcastic

Back to top Go down

Post by susan Fri Jan 27, 2012 11:59 am

racqueteer re read the article. the people who COMMENTED are smarter than you. & they all share my opinion. man went to bathroom, then went outside. they had vendors selling things so he looked around. not too much different than what is outside of some restaurants here.people selling things. so who hit him on the head? couldnt be a mexican, could it? thats impossible right? oh yes, he forgot his electric fence. must his fault.

susan
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : none

Back to top Go down

Post by johninajijic Fri Jan 27, 2012 12:49 pm

Another topic that turned into a pizzing contest.
johninajijic
johninajijic
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sometimes

Back to top Go down

Post by raqueteer Fri Jan 27, 2012 12:51 pm

(Quote)
I just got back from my 4th trip to Mexico and I have never felt threatened. The problem is that tourists go there looking to get obnoxiously drunk and reckless. I have never encountered a rude Mexican, only rude tourists. So the next time you think Mexico is dangerous, look in the mirror.
(End Quote)

Now ask yourself, if you can possibly manage it, IF a Mexican hit him, why? Not who, the question in case you have forgotten in the brief time it has taken to read this, is WHY! Maybe nobody hit him, maybe he got hit by a car, maybe he hit the ground while drunk? Wouldn't be the first time that's happened. The possibilities are endless.

raqueteer
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by susan Fri Jan 27, 2012 2:39 pm

yes people act like idiots & get drunk. they are @ fault. but none of us know the story. there should be a follow up, no one has written to the newspaper for additional facts. (??) where were the witnesses.(??) it could have been an attack, OR he fell. from what i read, it pointing in the direction of him being hit. dont rule out an attack, or drunken fall. if canada has tour groups travel agents etc, i assume they may WANT people to travel. not stop them. or these tour companies don want to be sued. i read the comment about the 4th trip to mexico. i myself have not felt afraid. & have been to cities in peru which are considered worse than here. then again i am well protected.

susan
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by raqueteer Fri Jan 27, 2012 5:26 pm

That's right, nobody knows the story. However the reporter decided to sway everyone's opinion right from the first paragraph.

An Ontario man says he was viciously attacked last spring near the same five-star resort in Mexico where a Calgary woman was badly beaten over the weekend.

An Ontario man says he was viciously attacked. Later on in the very same article he states he has absolutely no recollection of what happened. Nobody in his party saw what happened, no witnesses were interviewed, there was no investigation apparently at the time, at least none was mentioned. So be careful of taking what is said in a newspaper article at face value. They clearly have an agenda in not only this case but many others as well.

If the guy was drunk and or disorderly or doing some other idiotic thing do you think he'd admit it now?

raqueteer
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by susan Fri Jan 27, 2012 9:26 pm

see the photos. the man looked very serious. the paper proberly had the information about this when it happened, as the mexico reports grow, they threw it in. i wonder if this was in the new york times, they are usually more on the level. & if there is mistaken information, they have a followup. (will look it up later). i may go away next month to a 4 1/2* hotel. its larger then what i am used to in mexico, i am more afraid of theft.

susan
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by lucky Tue Jan 31, 2012 3:25 pm

finally the truth comes out [ahem]: http://www.huffingtonpost.ca/douglas-anthony-cooper/canada-attack-resort_b_1232486.html

lucky
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Mainecoons Tue Jan 31, 2012 4:03 pm

Well, yes and no. This article assumes equal validity for crime statistics from places where almost all serious crime is reported, to Mexico where a great deal of it is not. Typical lightweight Puffington Post fare although I agree with the basic conclusion.

Mainecoons
Mainecoons
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Mad Magazine

Back to top Go down

Post by Ricardo Tue Jan 31, 2012 9:12 pm

From the Huffington Post article:

"You protest: slavering butchers are thin on the ground in Martha's Vineyard. Ah, but we do not have beheadings in Oaxaca."

It didn't take long to prove that was a lie:

http://noticias.terra.com.mx/mexico/seguridad/encuentran-decapitado-en-oaxaca,2f726f28108b3310VgnVCM10000098f154d0RCRD.html

Nov. 3, 2011

"Oaxaca.- A human head was left at the foot of a pedestrian crosswalk in the Cerro del Fortín district of this city, while in the municipality of Tlalixtac de Cabrera residents found a decapitated body alongside a dirt street."

Ricardo
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by hockables Wed Feb 01, 2012 9:03 am

Ricardo wrote:From the Huffington Post article:

"You protest: slavering butchers are thin on the ground in Martha's Vineyard. Ah, but we do not have beheadings in Oaxaca."

It didn't take long to prove that was a lie:

http://noticias.terra.com.mx/mexico/seguridad/encuentran-decapitado-en-oaxaca,2f726f28108b3310VgnVCM10000098f154d0RCRD.html

Nov. 3, 2011

"Oaxaca.- A human head was left at the foot of a pedestrian crosswalk in the Cerro del Fortín district of this city, while in the municipality of Tlalixtac de Cabrera residents found a decapitated body alongside a dirt street."

What's one little Head!!
hockables
hockables
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2