INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WOW, what a game!

5 posters

Go down

WOW, what a game! Empty WOW, what a game!

Post by Mainecoons Mon Feb 06, 2012 7:13 am

This one had everything, great offensive plays, great defensive plays and great coaching. The Giants took control of the clock in the last 6 minutes. Still can't quite figure out that TD play, any one of us could have run it in, the hole in the middle of the Patriots defensive line was big enough for a truck. In general, I thought the Pats defense played really well, much better than they did during the season. They were really laying some hits on Manning. The Pats offensive line generally did their usual great job but the Giants defense managed to penetrate on key downs and situations.

It was a blast to watch IMO. A fast game too, not that many penalties or reviewed plays.

Two thumbs up!

Beer
Mainecoons
Mainecoons
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Mad Magazine

Back to top Go down

WOW, what a game! Empty Re: WOW, what a game!

Post by SunsetKid Mon Feb 06, 2012 7:32 am

The pats wanted NY to score so they would get the ball back with more time on the clock. Jacobs tried not to go across the goal line.
SunsetKid
SunsetKid
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Bill Maher/Chevy Chase/Life in general

Back to top Go down

Post by Mainecoons Mon Feb 06, 2012 7:36 am

Yes but by that point, wasn't there only a minute or so left?

I was so stunned at how he literally walzed in, I didn't notice but it seemed to me there wasn't more than a minute and some change.

BTW, correction to the above, it was at about 4 minutes the Giants got control of the clock. In any case, that last few minutes was quite a reversal of fortune for the Pats.

Mainecoons
Mainecoons
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Zedinmexico Mon Feb 06, 2012 7:49 am

Good game. I normally don't watch football but my friend wanted to watch
the game in HD and it was a very good game to watch. Nice to see a game
that was not drawn out.

Z

Zedinmexico
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Red Dwarf, Marx Brothers, SCTV

Back to top Go down

Post by CheenaGringo Mon Feb 06, 2012 8:59 am

An interesting stat from the game - the NFC has won 14 straight coin tosses. This should be a 50/50 proposition but the odds against this happening are: 16,383 to 1. In case anyone should suspect a conspiracy, in the past 45 Super Bowls, it has been 23 heads and 22 tails.

CheenaGringo
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Mainecoons Mon Feb 06, 2012 9:10 am

I thought NE won the toss and elected to kick. But that sure is an interesting statistic, had no idea the NFC has had such a run on the toss.

Zed, how did you watch the game in HD? Satellite?

Mainecoons
Mainecoons
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by hueco_negro Mon Feb 06, 2012 9:25 am

The mistake NE made was not letting the Giants score on the first down play which would have left them with 2 time outs and more than 50 seconds left to play. Instead they stopped the runner on the first down play and used a time out leaving them with only one.

Had they not did what they did, letting them score on the second play, they would have had to use their last time out to stop the clock, but then the Giants would have called a running play with the QB taking a knee, and the clock would have run down to almost zero at which point they would have called a time out and kicked a field goal to win the game by one point.

NE may have gotten the ball back but with only a few seconds and no time outs. So NE did the right thing, they just should have done it one play earlier.
hueco_negro
hueco_negro
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Zedinmexico Mon Feb 06, 2012 9:30 am

Mainecoons wrote:I thought NE won the toss and elected to kick. But that sure is an interesting statistic, had no idea the NFC has had such a run on the toss.

Zed, how did you watch the game in HD? Satellite?

Yea Seattle HD signals are out on the Canadian birds. US birds (Dish,DSS) use spot beams so you can only pick up Seattle in Seattle. The signals never make it outside
the state for example. That is how they get all those local networks with just three sats. It is called spot beams. Canadian sats don't use spot beams. Should have
let me know you could have walked up for the game. I assumed you had a sat dish. I gave up on the local cable due to inability to do business with them and the
signal quality. While better than it use to be I got tired of the SAP signal going out for weeks at a time and no HD to speak of.

Z

Zedinmexico
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Red Dwarf, Marx Brothers, SCTV

Back to top Go down

Post by SunsetKid Mon Feb 06, 2012 9:42 am

Great game! Lousy half time show.
SunsetKid
SunsetKid
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Bill Maher/Chevy Chase/Life in general

Back to top Go down

Post by Mainecoons Mon Feb 06, 2012 9:53 am

hueco_negro wrote:The mistake NE made was not letting the Giants score on the first down play which would have left them with 2 time outs and more than 50 seconds left to play. Instead they stopped the runner on the first down play and used a time out leaving them with only one.

Had they not did what they did, letting them score on the second play, they would have had to use their last time out to stop the clock, but then the Giants would have called a running play with the QB taking a knee, and the clock would have run down to almost zero at which point they would have called a time out and kicked a field goal to win the game by one point.

NE may have gotten the ball back but with only a few seconds and no time outs. So NE did the right thing, they just should have done it one play earlier.

I really missed that NE intentionally let NY score at that point, dooh on me! Although they would have had a few seconds more and another time out had they done it sooner as you point out, it was still going to be a very long shot at that point to go the length of the field and get into the end zone. The Giants defense just wasn't letting up and NE didn't even get close to the end zone in that final minute.

Any way you look at it, this was a really good match up in a game that is too often anti-climatic. Manning took a lot of hard hits and just kept coming. The defense controlled the Pats passing game. The Pats offensive line did a good job as usual but the Giants penetrated enough to slow Brady down. The Pats receivers and the Pats defense just weren't quite up to the task.

Someone had to win and someone had to lose and neither team should be ashamed of this game.
Mainecoons
Mainecoons
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CheenaGringo Mon Feb 06, 2012 1:03 pm

Apparently Tom Brady's wife was a bit upset after the game: ""You [have] to catch the ball when you’re supposed to catch the ball,” she said in a video posted by TheInsider.com, via TBL. “My husband cannot f–king throw the ball and catch the ball at the same time. I can’t believe they dropped the ball so many times.”

CheenaGringo
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down