INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Very serious breakin -the Raquet Club

+20
David
Intercasa
lobita
simpsca
Chapalagringa
Parker
CheenaGringo
hockables
gringal
CanuckBob
espíritu del lago
lakesidecrime
Ricardo
Traveller
Zedinmexico
brigitte
ferret
itsme
johninajijic
raqueteer
24 posters

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Very serious breakin -the Raquet Club - Page 2 Empty Re: Very serious breakin -the Raquet Club

Post by CanuckBob Sun Apr 08, 2012 9:43 am

If I had a high end house that will be greatly reduced in value given the current situation I can't imagine why the residents would be against paying more in HOA fees to lock it down tight.

How many residences are in the RC?

CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

https://casadecomo.mx

Back to top Go down

Very serious breakin -the Raquet Club - Page 2 Empty Re: Very serious breakin -the Raquet Club

Post by johninajijic Sun Apr 08, 2012 12:14 pm

CanuckBob wrote:The best security I have seen so far is at Los Arroyos Sur (John is going to love this) and Vista Alegra. Los Arroyos doesn't have a 24/7 guard however they have only one way in or out with a huge, high, metal remote controlled gate. Vista Alegra doesn't have the same gate but has had a guard on duty anytime I have been in there. Let's face it, it doesn't cost that much to have these huge, strong, remote controlled gates installed and hire 24/7 security to man them. Can't the RC reduce the entry/exit points to one and limit access to the residential areas with similar gates and guards? With the number of residents in there you could hire a small army........no?

Love that Bob. We ARE secure and good luck to anyone trying to get in. I hope they get cut to crap with razor wire and end up in the Clinic. Not caring, yes. I was brought up by my parents to be totally honest and have always practiced that and never have stolen anything.

To answer your question, RC has approx 450 houses, many are Tapatios who only come on weekends. Some are empty lots. They need to have only one entrance/exit. They need a security gate on both sides, about $ 6,000 - $ 8,000 US each side. Log in/out everyone. Their fees are about $ 50 US a month. Someone will correct me if I'm wrong. They could do this for a minor fee increase, but many people are cheap. Cheap doesn't equate when it comes to security. Another problem is that SJC has tons of druggies.
johninajijic
johninajijic
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sometimes

Back to top Go down

Post by gringal Sun Apr 08, 2012 12:53 pm

A friend lives out in Lago Encantado.....gated but not terribly secure little development of newer homes. She hasn't had problems, but most are full time residents. She's paying about double what RC is for HOA fees. And yes, CB, you will find that there are some VERY thrifty (aka cheap) people here.

Some overspent in order to have impressive homes and any little increase in fees puts them in a tizzy. Trying to get over 400 people to agree to raise their fees would not be a pretty sight, even if it's for their own good and they well know it.

Another problem is that a number of people built "California style" homes in that area. "I don't want no steenking bars on my windows", without considering the potential security issues. I have bars here in the Village Ghetto. Cross my fingers, no burglery in five years, either. My property is anything but showy at the street and wouldn't impress any potential thieves passing by. Not everyone likes to live behind the walls, I know, but while unwanted visitors are locked out, I'm not locked in.

gringal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : occasionally

Back to top Go down

Post by raqueteer Sun Apr 08, 2012 12:56 pm

Here's the deal with the Raquet. There are over 320 homes and just over 400 lots.
There are only two entrances in by road, both have guard houses. The back entry is blocked off at night, but the main entrance is guarded 24/7, plus we have security guards, unarmed on patrol in vehicles also 24/7 one per shift. They promised to install cameras at the entrances, but I haven't checked. There are also 3 restaurants and a spa which although not on R.C. property only have access through here. No service people are permitted in after 6 p.m. One other issue is that these roads are public roads, so it's not, in the true sense of the word a fully gated community.

Sooo, where's the problem one might ask. First these kids come in on foot through vacant lots, arroyos or from way up the mountain where there is no security. There are numerous points of access by foot which are unguarded. San Juan Cosala has become a real hotbed of drug activity, and they're all related, so for fear of reprisals they won't give out any information on the perps. Many of the guards are also from SJC. Representatives of the BOD have stated that they do not have funds for increasing security, however plan to build new administrative buildings, gussy up the clubhouse and put in new basketball courts.

Their latest plan is to request additional armed police patrols in the area, and their only action to date has been to write a letter to the police. This, in my opinion, is not enough. At this point, the residents may have to hire their own armed guards and pay for them out of their own pockets, in order to protect our properties and to maintain their values.

Similarly, when there was a massive problem with the CFE a group of residents got together and dealt with it themselves. The BOD refused to either provide information on the Raquet Club accounts, which we pay for, or assist in the effort.

Agree 100% with gringal. Home security same as charity, begins at home.

raqueteer
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by raqueteer Sun Apr 08, 2012 1:03 pm

johninajijic wrote:
CanuckBob wrote:The best security I have seen so far is at Los Arroyos Sur (John is going to love this) and Vista Alegra. Los Arroyos doesn't have a 24/7 guard however they have only one way in or out with a huge, high, metal remote controlled gate. Vista Alegra doesn't have the same gate but has had a guard on duty anytime I have been in there. Let's face it, it doesn't cost that much to have these huge, strong, remote controlled gates installed and hire 24/7 security to man them. Can't the RC reduce the entry/exit points to one and limit access to the residential areas with similar gates and guards? With the number of residents in there you could hire a small army........no?

Love that Bob. We ARE secure and good luck to anyone trying to get in. I hope they get cut to crap with razor wire and end up in the Clinic. Not caring, yes. I was brought up by my parents to be totally honest and have always practiced that and never have stolen anything.

To answer your question, RC has approx 450 houses, many are Tapatios who only come on weekends. Some are empty lots. They need to have only one entrance/exit. They need a security gate on both sides, about $ 6,000 - $ 8,000 US each side. Log in/out everyone. Their fees are about $ 50 US a month. Someone will correct me if I'm wrong. They could do this for a minor fee increase, but many people are cheap. Cheap doesn't equate when it comes to security. Another problem is that SJC has tons of druggies.

Incorrect John, our fees are currently $100 a month. We have security guards at both entrances, and these druggies can and will cut through barbed wire in a nanosecond. These guys actually cut and jumped over an electric fence, and ran straight through a plate glass door. Surely they will have visible injuries. Generally speaking the Tapatios have live in help who are on the premises at all time. Everyone in a vehicle has to sign in and out, no exceptions.

raqueteer
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by hockables Sun Apr 08, 2012 1:17 pm

I didn't sign anything!!

Drove up to the gate... nodded.... drove thru...
hockables
hockables
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by raqueteer Sun Apr 08, 2012 1:20 pm

hockables wrote:I didn't sign anything!!

Drove up to the gate... nodded.... drove thru...

Maybe one of the new guards. When did this happen?

raqueteer
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by gringal Sun Apr 08, 2012 1:20 pm

Me, too, Hock. Four of us just smiled and drove right on in.

Back in the states, when I visited my friend in her gated enclave, they called her when I arrived and if she said okay, then I signed in. I also had to sign out.
Very different.

gringal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : occasionally

Back to top Go down

Post by raqueteer Sun Apr 08, 2012 1:22 pm

Hmmmmm, more complaints needed to the BOD which will probably go unheeded.

raqueteer
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by raqueteer Sun Apr 08, 2012 1:30 pm

I have just called management and they would like to know what day, or more specifically the hours approximately when you guys were able to enter without identification, so that whoever failed to request identification will be given a warning.

raqueteer
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by hockables Sun Apr 08, 2012 1:47 pm

well... I was Lakeside Jan & Feb... hmmm... middle to end of January ... middle of the afternoon...
hockables
hockables
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by raqueteer Sun Apr 08, 2012 1:55 pm

Thanks Hocks, they haven't kept the records from January, so have agreed to give additional warnings to the guards who will be sanctioned if anyone is permitted entry without identification or their resident card..

raqueteer
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Sun Apr 08, 2012 2:02 pm

I would round up all the interested parties and hire armed guards. They are only to protect those that pay. They get a bonus every month if there is zero crime against the participants............
CanuckBob
CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sick and twisted

https://casadecomo.mx

Back to top Go down

Post by raqueteer Sun Apr 08, 2012 2:05 pm

CanuckBob wrote:I would round up all the interested parties and hire armed guards. They are only to protect those that pay. They get a bonus every month if there is zero crime against the participants............

Exactly the plan Bob. We're on it like a rash, since we have no further faith in management or the BOD to handle the problem.

raqueteer
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by hockables Sun Apr 08, 2012 2:30 pm

CanuckBob wrote:I would round up all the interested parties and hire armed guards. They are only to protect those that pay. They get a bonus every month if there is zero crime against the participants............

U could pay em bonuses by the head.... or better yet.... by the ear!! lol
hockables
hockables
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by johninajijic Sun Apr 08, 2012 7:04 pm

raq quote - " Everyone in a vehicle has to sign in and out, no exceptions."

Last Sunday night we drove up to the gate, I said we're going to Chac Lan, didn't sign anything and went thru. They didn't even step out of the booth on our way home. Obviously they're not doing their job. Report it to the person in charge to be reported to your security company.

Time for you to get a petition drive going signed by your neighbors to have the BOD investigate the cost of hydraulic iron gates both sides, telling the BOD that you don't want a fancier clubhouse and more amenities. What are they totally stupid out there? Or vote them out.
johninajijic
johninajijic
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CheenaGringo Sun Apr 08, 2012 7:17 pm

Good luck with that concept John! You seem to be forgetting that RC is a frac with 300+ homes and approx 400 lots. Even trying to get a majority with that many possible opinions may be almost impossible in Mexico or for that matter, NOB! Based on what I have read about fracs in the area, I would have to wonder just what percentage of the owners are current on all their fees at any given time?

CheenaGringo
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by brigitte Sun Apr 08, 2012 9:06 pm

John

It easier said than done and good luck keeping people gating the streets if the streets are public. It is a whole lot easier securing a small place than a large one backing up to a wilderness area with all kinds of trails.

Good luck on getting that many home owners to agree on anything as well.

brigitte
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by raqueteer Sun Apr 08, 2012 9:22 pm

Well, we can leave. Enough is enough. When they're trying to kill us as we sleep, it may be time to say sayonara.

I love this country, but will not live where dirtbags are free to attack us without consequences.

I'm truly sorry for Mexicans who have no choice.

In the 13 years we have been here, 30 couples who were good friends have left. Many saying that they will NEVER set foot in this country again.

raqueteer
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by ferret Sun Apr 08, 2012 9:40 pm

gringal wrote:Me, too, Hock. Four of us just smiled and drove right on in.

Back in the states, when I visited my friend in her gated enclave, they called her when I arrived and if she said okay, then I signed in. I also had to sign out.
Very different.
Ditto for us on the first line.
As for the second line, that is exactly how Riviera Alta Security is set up. If you haven't phoned down to let them know that a certain person is expected at a certain time then they call YOU. No ticky, no laundry. The guardhouse is occupied 24/7 with drop down bars AND a remote controlled iron gate if the guard lifts the bar.
I simply cannot complain about the security at Riviera Alta. The guards are great guys. We introduced them to both of our sons when they were visiting, so they would know that the car wasn't being stolen...you do have to STOP at the guard house on your way out before they will lift the bar...once they see who's in the car, we exchange pleasantries and you're on your way in less than 30 seconds.
ferret
ferret
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Parker Sun Apr 08, 2012 10:47 pm

I do believe that at many gated communities there is some “profiling” going on and rightfully so. Since we’ve been here I have never read where a senior gringo/a has been accused of breaking in and robbing others at gun point. Perhaps this is why some of you could just smile and get through, No?

Parker
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : WDWA none

Back to top Go down

Post by johninajijic Sun Apr 08, 2012 10:49 pm

ferret - Exactly as you described in Riviera Alta. I have been there too and you must sign in.

Gated Communities with guards and iron gates: Los Arroyos, Los Arroyos Sur, Rio Orinoco (electronic gate, intercom, no guard), Los Sabinos, Arroyo Alto, La Reserva, Los Olivos, Riviera Alta, Lomas del Lago, Villas del Tepalo, Lomas de Ajijic, El Dorado, Mision Chula Vista (heavy electronic gate, intercom, no guard), there may be others.

Fraccs: La Huerta, Villa Nova, Rancho del Oro, La Floresta, Chula Vista, Chula Vista Norte (guard), Mirasol, not sure about Las Terrazas or Vista Alegre.
johninajijic
johninajijic
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by johninajijic Sun Apr 08, 2012 10:50 pm

Parker - Pardon me for being dumb, but what do you mean by profiling?
johninajijic
johninajijic
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Parker Sun Apr 08, 2012 10:55 pm

johninajijic wrote:Parker - Pardon me for being dumb, but what do you mean by profiling?

"The use of specific characteristics, as race or age, to make generalizations about a person, as whether he or she may be engaged in illegal activity."

Parker
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : WDWA none

Back to top Go down

Post by brigitte Mon Apr 09, 2012 8:30 am

They do not check white people , that is what it means. If you go to the Racquet club and you obviously are not a Mexican you do not sign in.

Parker, the woman who lived in our house 14 years ago did her own profiling and was not scared when she found a young foreigner in her kitchen.Later on that day she could not find her keys and she was found dead the next morning and her car was missing. So much for foreigners not commiting crimes.

brigitte
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by ferret Mon Apr 09, 2012 9:21 am

Foreigners DO commit crimes. Older, decrepit foreigners may not scale fences but they sure can be masterminds.
ferret
ferret
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next