INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Possibly a good start in the right direction

+6
CheenaGringo
Walter
Rolly
viajero
gringal
Solovino
10 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Possibly a good start in the right direction - Page 2 Empty Re: Possibly a good start in the right direction

Post by Solovino Sat Apr 14, 2012 11:05 pm

viajero wrote: . .....,following that line of reasoning couldn't an american say screw those mexicans with their appetite for violence we'll sell them all the guns they want. .

They're not? Meanwhile, smoke your weed and drink your alcohol and tell others that the other drugs are bad for society. Nice.

Solovino
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Possibly a good start in the right direction - Page 2 Empty Re: Possibly a good start in the right direction

Post by viajero Sun Apr 15, 2012 10:49 am

Solo who would you rather live next door to,somebody who smoked a little weed or a crackhead or a speed freak or a heroin addict?Let's agree to disagree.

viajero
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Twain

Back to top Go down

Post by Solovino Sun Apr 15, 2012 11:16 am

viajero wrote:Solo who would you rather live next door to,somebody who smoked a little weed or a crackhead or a speed freak or a heroin addict?Let's agree to disagree.

How about an alcoholic that beats his wife and kids?

Solovino
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by viajero Sun Apr 15, 2012 11:21 am

Yeah I forgot that option,now please answer the question.

viajero
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Solovino Sun Apr 15, 2012 11:37 am

viajero wrote:Yeah I forgot that option,now please answer the question.

Rhetorical questions have no answer. Real(istic) questions, however, do merit an answer.

Solovino
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by gringal Sun Apr 15, 2012 11:39 am

We can argue whether people should get their drugs of choice legally or not till we turn blue......but in fact, people are getting them with no slowdown in sight, so what's the point of arguing?

Having had the experience of living in the country stateside across the road from a guy who did drink, smoked grass, did a little meth, beat his wife and kids AND ran cockfights on weekends with all his rowdy friends.......I know that the legality/illegality of any of it made not a whit of difference to him. He had plenty of company in that neck of the woods. After the area got gentrified, the new neighbors did more coke along with the booze and grass.
Legal? Schmeegle.

gringal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : occasionally

Back to top Go down

Post by viajero Sun Apr 15, 2012 12:09 pm

Solovino wrote:

Rhetorical questions have no answer. Real(istic) questions, however, do merit an answer.
It's an easy multiple choice question that is pertinant to this discussion IMO,if you don't want to answer it because it would hurt your argument I understand.BTW I grew up in a neighborhood in LA where the people knew the difference between pot smokers, crackheads,tweakers and heroin addicts,in Mexico they're all referred to as marijuanos,maybe that's why you can't make the distinction .

viajero
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Solovino Mon Apr 16, 2012 9:34 pm

viajero wrote:
Solovino wrote:

It's an easy multiple choice question that is pertinant to this discussion IMO,if you don't want to answer it because it would hurt your argument I understand.BTW I grew up in a neighborhood in LA where the people knew the difference between pot smokers, crackheads,tweakers and heroin addicts,in Mexico they're all referred to as marijuanos,maybe that's why you can't make the distinction .

Hurt my argument? Get real. In the first place, you lived amongst them while the drugs they use are illegal. That's going to change? I don't care to live next door to any drug abusers and the fact is I don't. And I am positive that that fact will not change if drugs are legalized. Do you use cocaine? Heroin? Crack? Meth? Neither do I and if any were legal I still would abstain as would the great majority of people. Legal or illegal, drug users are gonna get high.

Solovino
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Parker Mon Apr 16, 2012 11:44 pm

Solovino wrote:
viajero wrote:
Solovino wrote:

Hurt my argument? Get real. In the first place, you lived amongst them while the drugs they use are illegal. That's going to change? I don't care to live next door to any drug abusers and the fact is I don't. And I am positive that that fact will not change if drugs are legalized. Do you use cocaine? Heroin? Crack? Meth? Neither do I and if any were legal I still would abstain as would the great majority of people. Legal or illegal, drug users are gonna get high.

The real discussion shouldn’t be about whom you would rather live by but the fact it’s illegal and the consequences if you’re caught and put in jail. The jeopardy that you could be putting your family into is wrong and perhaps you should reconsider. What will your family do if you’re out of the picture and do you believe this is fair to everyone involved? (Kids, Wife and others.)

Parker
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : WDWA none

Back to top Go down

Post by hockables Mon Apr 16, 2012 11:54 pm

I usually wanna buy Drugs.... but I refuse to deal with Criminals....

" Total Buzz Kill "
hockables
hockables
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Solovino Tue Apr 17, 2012 12:11 pm

Parker wrote:
The real discussion shouldn’t be about whom you would rather live by but the fact it’s illegal and the consequences if you’re caught and put in jail. The jeopardy that you could be putting your family into is wrong and perhaps you should reconsider. What will your family do if you’re out of the picture and do you believe this is fair to everyone involved? (Kids, Wife and others.)

mmmm....don't think that is even close to what we are discussing.

Solovino
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Parker Tue Apr 17, 2012 12:35 pm

Solovino wrote:
Parker wrote:

mmmm....don't think that is even close to what we are discussing.

Wasn’t meant to be.

Parker
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : WDWA none

Back to top Go down

Post by viajero Tue Apr 17, 2012 12:51 pm

I get your point Solo,I'm just not convinced that making hard drugs as easily available as beer is such a good idea,just imagine the marketing possibilities:new improved lemon flavored crystal meth,heavenly angel dust,badass black mexican tar heroin buy 2 get one free,like I said let's agree to disagree.

viajero
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Solovino Tue Apr 17, 2012 1:42 pm

viajero wrote:I get your point Solo,I'm just not convinced that making hard drugs as easily available as beer is such a good idea,just imagine the marketing possibilities:new improved lemon flavored crystal meth,heavenly angel dust,badass black mexican tar heroin buy 2 get one free,like I said let's agree to disagree.

What marketing opportunities? When was the last time you saw a TV ad for cigarettes? Write that (all media ads) into the law. And angel dust and crystal meth etc can still be illegal. There is where you slap BIG mandatory sentences on all production and trafficking along with sales to minors. You can control what is legal. You can't control illegal drugs.

Solovino
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by viajero Tue Apr 17, 2012 2:52 pm

You lost me there,how do you slap BIG mandatory sentences on all production and trafficking if it's legal?You say "And angel dust and crystal meth etc can still be illegal."Now I'm confused are you saying that some hard drugs should be legal but others not?
I enjoy conversations like this where it doesn't all come down to name calling and juvenile put-downs.

viajero
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Solovino Tue Apr 17, 2012 6:14 pm

viajero wrote:You lost me there,how do you slap BIG mandatory sentences on all production and trafficking if it's legal?You say "And angel dust and crystal meth etc can still be illegal."Now I'm confused are you saying that some hard drugs should be legal but others not?
I enjoy conversations like this where it doesn't all come down to name calling and juvenile put-downs.

I said big mandatory sentences for synthetic drugs such as meth and angel dust and also for selling drugs to minors. I don't consider those two substances drugs such as cocaine or opiates. And I would hope that with legal coke and opiates, demand for meth and angel dust will decrease.

And I know that those 2 drugs will never be legalized so why bother even debating their fate.

Solovino
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by viajero Tue Apr 17, 2012 6:58 pm

I'm with you Solo.There's been a drug trade for many decades,supply and demand,but the violence in the last 6 years is a new and unacceptable phenomenon,maybe the old system of government sanctioned plazas is the way to go,I don't know.

viajero
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by hockables Tue Apr 17, 2012 7:36 pm

just doing a little troll'n here...

Amsterdam has reversed there position on legalized drugs... something about a failed experiment...

Does that help?
hockables
hockables
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by viajero Tue Apr 17, 2012 7:44 pm

hockables wrote:just doing a little troll'n here...

Amsterdam has reversed there position on legalized drugs... something about a failed experiment...

Does that help?
I hadn't heard that,can't be good for their tourism industry.

viajero
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CheenaGringo Tue Apr 17, 2012 7:48 pm

For those that like to point to the Medical Marijuana issue and attempt to use that for justification for legalization:

"New Marijuana Strain Eases Pain Without the High"

http://www.abqjournal.com/main/2012/04/15/upfront/new-marijuana-strain-eases-pain-without-the-high.html

CheenaGringo
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2