INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BANCOMER

+7
CanuckBob
hound dog
Zedinmexico
Intercasa
hockables
Solovino
Jim W
11 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

BANCOMER Empty BANCOMER

Post by Jim W Mon Apr 16, 2012 6:42 pm

Opened account, put money in, checked into hotel...debit card...declined BANCOMER 531444 Hotels and restaurants in Mexico will not accept debit cards from same!!!

Jim W
Jim W
Jim W
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Whenever I need it!

Back to top Go down

BANCOMER Empty Re: BANCOMER

Post by Solovino Mon Apr 16, 2012 7:20 pm

I use my Bancomer cards all the time with nary a problem. Had a card cloned in Europe and Bancomer replaced the stolen funds within 2 weeks of initial claim.

Solovino
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by hockables Mon Apr 16, 2012 7:22 pm

Jim W wrote:Opened account, put money in, checked into hotel...debit card...declined BANCOMER 531444 Hotels and restaurants in Mexico will not accept debit cards from same!!!

Jim W

they dont accept cards from shifty look'n gringos....
hockables
hockables
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Jim W Mon Apr 16, 2012 7:29 pm

Solovino wrote:I use my Bancomer cards all the time with nary a problem. Had a card cloned in Europe and Bancomer replaced the stolen funds within 2 weeks of initial claim.

Solo, just returned....called bank, they confirmed.....bancomer debit cards are not accepted @ most restaurants, and hotels in Mexico.
Jim W
Jim W
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Solovino Mon Apr 16, 2012 7:48 pm

News to me. I use my card all the time.

Solovino
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Jim W Mon Apr 16, 2012 7:54 pm

Solovino wrote:News to me. I use my card all the time.

Solo isa yours credit or debit card...would like to know
Jim W
Jim W
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Intercasa Mon Apr 16, 2012 8:13 pm

An easy fix for this is to apply for a credit card after having a chunk of money in your acct for 3 months and while your limit will be low like a few thousand pesos just deposit or overpay your card and now you will have the ability to charge more, online purchases with Mexican cards have had issues, fyi
Intercasa
Intercasa
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Barbed wit

Back to top Go down

Post by Jim W Mon Apr 16, 2012 8:19 pm

Don't want or need MX credit card...have toooo many US cards....fyi....just want easy access to MXP on deposit
Jim W
Jim W
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Solovino Mon Apr 16, 2012 9:53 pm

I have both. Rarely use the credit card.

Solovino
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Jim W Mon Apr 16, 2012 10:07 pm

Solovino wrote:I have both. Rarely use the credit card.

Debit card is issue
Jim W
Jim W
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Zedinmexico Tue Apr 17, 2012 8:00 am

Actually it works both ways. NOB cards don't work for example if you want
to put down a deposit for Telecable for example. They only take mexican
cards. No way around it. You want the deposit discount you have to have
a mexican card.

Z

Zedinmexico
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Red Dwarf, Marx Brothers, SCTV

Back to top Go down

Post by hound dog Tue Apr 17, 2012 11:38 am

We have accounts at two Mexican banks with branches all over Mexico as well as an international U.S. bank. We do not have even one credit card. We constantly use debit cards for purchases at hotels and in department stores for high ticket items and to pay often large amounts to service providers including airlines and insurance agents among many others. The proposition that debit cards are not accepted here for even major purchases is absurd on its surface. Admittedly, we normally avoid using our debit cards for meal purchases in restaurants because we routinely carry enough cash around to pay meal tickets and restaurants at times have compromisable security systems.

We refuse to have credit cards issued by Mexican banks because they are too expensive for the services provided and consumer protections are not as easily defined in Mexico as in the U.S. We just bought three air tickets costing thousands of dollars from Mexico City to Paris and return with debit cards and reserved hotels in France with those same cards. Get serious.
hound dog
hound dog
Bad Dawg
Bad Dawg

Back to top Go down

Post by hound dog Tue Apr 17, 2012 11:56 am

[quote="Zedinmexico"]Actually it works both ways. NOB cards don't work for example if you want
a mexican card.
Z[/quote]

A interesting proposition. We do not have nor use credit cards. We use our U.S. debit card and Mexican bank issued debit cards for all sorts of purchases and deposits in Mexico and, in eleven years have done so primarily in Mexico and France but also, occasionally in the U.S. . As it happens, I´m on my way to Telecable to pay our annual T.V. cable fee so I will attempt to pay that annual fee with my U.S. issued VISA Card. We´ll see what happens there and I´ll report back to this forum. I have no idea what to expect since it is my habit to use alternative cards if I am turned down for one at the time of the transaction.
hound dog
hound dog
Bad Dawg
Bad Dawg

Back to top Go down

Post by Zedinmexico Wed Apr 18, 2012 8:09 am

hound dog wrote:[quote="Zedinmexico"]Actually it works both ways. NOB cards don't work for example if you want
a mexican card.
Z

A interesting proposition. We do not have nor use credit cards. We use our U.S. debit card and Mexican bank issued debit cards for all sorts of purchases and deposits in Mexico and, in eleven years have done so primarily in Mexico and France but also, occasionally in the U.S. . As it happens, I´m on my way to Telecable to pay our annual T.V. cable fee so I will attempt to pay that annual fee with my U.S. issued VISA Card. We´ll see what happens there and I´ll report back to this forum. I have no idea what to expect since it is my habit to use alternative cards if I am turned down for one at the time of the transaction. [/quote]

Telecable just said no when I wanted to use US credit card to put my deposit down on a PVR/DVR. If you pay deposit with cash it is four times as much and
it is non refundable. They told me I had to have a mexican debit/credit card. Solution was to get a sat dish and forget Telecable. When I used my gringo card
the little credit card machine just said no to either MC or Visa from US banks. Seems like a dumb way to lose business in a town full of people who don't have
mexican cards.

Z

Zedinmexico
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by hound dog Wed Apr 18, 2012 8:23 am

Dawg went to Telecable in Riberas yesterday afternoon and paid $2,600 Pesos for cable service through November as is my standard practice. I paid for this service, as I also do in Chiapas and Oaxaca on Megacable, with my VISA Card issued by my bank in Pennsylvania which has zero branches in Mexico. There was no incremental cost whatsoever incurred as a result of our having paid with a debit card. I could have also paid with my Bancomer VISA debit card or with my Banamex debit Mastercard. We use these debit cards routinely and interchangeably at large department stores and in various retail establishments and at governmental offices all over Mexico and Europe despite the nation of issue. Dawg does not use credit cards either in Mexico where we live full time or in France which we often visit nor in the dreaded United States which we visit only when required to so do. A tempest in a teapot I would say. Do not believe what you have read heretofore.

Last edited by hound dog on Wed Apr 18, 2012 8:29 am; edited 1 time in total
hound dog
hound dog
Bad Dawg
Bad Dawg

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Wed Apr 18, 2012 8:28 am

Perhaps they don't allow out of country charge cards for deposits.
CanuckBob
CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sick and twisted

https://casadecomo.mx

Back to top Go down

Post by CheenaGringo Wed Apr 18, 2012 8:31 am

After reading Zed's description and then the Dawg's explanation, we may be talking apples and oranges here? Zed was attempting to make a deposit that would be refundable sometime down the road. It could be that Telecable would have to eat some additional costs (exchange rate or foreign transaction fees) when refunding? Where as, Dawg's payment was just that - a one time transaction.

Just a wild guess here but we all recognize strange things happening in Mexico.

CheenaGringo
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Zedinmexico Wed Apr 18, 2012 8:37 am

CheenaGringo wrote:After reading Zed's description and then the Dawg's explanation, we may be talking apples and oranges here? Zed was attempting to make a deposit that would be refundable sometime down the road. It could be that Telecable would have to eat some additional costs (exchange rate or foreign transaction fees) when refunding? Where as, Dawg's payment was just that - a one time transaction.

Just a wild guess here but we all recognize strange things happening in Mexico.

No the deposit for getting a DVR box from Telecable is non refundable. If you pay cash it is four times more than if you use a (mexican) credit/debit card.
That is why paying with a credit card is important. Maybe this is a lakeside Telecable thing. They refused my BOA M/C and credit union M/C. The machine
did not also let me use my gringo debit cards. Can only tell ya what I experienced. They told me to go to Bancomer and get a card of course Bancomer
said no. Telecable could be using different CC companies to process the transactions which would explain things in the two areas. Something is different.
Z

Zedinmexico
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Zedinmexico Wed Apr 18, 2012 8:45 am

Anybody ever pay at Lakeside Telecable with a gringo CC or Debit card??

Z

Zedinmexico
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Mad_Max Wed Apr 18, 2012 8:47 am

Would assume this applies in Mexico - if you don't have a VISA or MC Logo on the front of the card, it is probably an ATM Card, not a debit card -

You can tell the difference between a debit and ATM card by looking on the front of the card. Cards that serve as Debit cards will have a branded logo of a transaction processing company, such as Visa or Mastercard, on the front of the card. This signifies that the card can be swiped like a credit card and the transaction will be processed over that network. It can be used wherever the matching logo is displayed.

An ATM card lacks these logos and lacks the capability to connect to these processing networks. However, in some cases, select merchants may have a Point of Service system that allows customers to purchase items with an ATM card. Debit card processing is more common. Read more: What Is Difference Between an ATM Card and a Debit Card? | eHow.com http://www.ehow.com/about_5460012_difference-atm-card-debit-card.html#ixzz1sOpZGfMI

Mad_Max
Mad_Max
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by hound dog Wed Apr 18, 2012 8:48 am

Zedinmexico wrote:
hound dog wrote:[quote="Zedinmexico"]Actually it works both ways. NOB cards don't work for example if you want
a mexican card.
Z

Telecable just said no when I wanted to use US credit card to put my deposit down on a PVR/DVR. If you pay deposit with cash it is four times as much and
it is non refundable. They told me I had to have a mexican debit/credit card. Solution was to get a sat dish and forget Telecable. When I used my gringo card
the little credit card machine just said no to either MC or Visa from US banks. Seems like a dumb way to lose business in a town full of people who don't have
mexican cards.

Z

Best to get a satellite dish and forget Telecable? We have a satellite dish and also subscribe to Telecable and Megacable for local programming - especially local news from Guadalajara and San Cristóbal de Las Casas. We pay for both services automatically through debit cards issued by U.S. banks and without ant penalty. You are clearly uninformed or misinfomed. What is your purpose in misleading people who may have just migrated to Mexico? Perhaps it is time to for you reconsider this migration as having immigrated to a foreign country not for in keeping with your personal goals. I understand Mississippi is a cheap place to live with a pleasant climate.
hound dog
hound dog
Bad Dawg
Bad Dawg

Back to top Go down

Post by hockables Wed Apr 18, 2012 9:03 am

Why not just set up your utilitiy payments with Bancomer and be done with it....?

All this running around, will they take this, do the take that.... cuts into valuable time that could otherwise be spent sipping Mint Julips by The Pool...

Just check periodically to see that they havn't run away with all your money.... or you won't be able to pay the guy who cleans the pool....
hockables
hockables
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by hound dog Wed Apr 18, 2012 9:18 am

Zedinmexico wrote:Anybody ever pay at Lakeside Telecable with a gringo CC or Debit card??
Z

"Gringo" is a racist epithet. Clean up your act.
hound dog
hound dog
Bad Dawg
Bad Dawg

Back to top Go down

Post by Zedinmexico Wed Apr 18, 2012 1:30 pm

hound dog wrote:
Zedinmexico wrote:Anybody ever pay at Lakeside Telecable with a gringo CC or Debit card??
Z

"Gringo" is a racist epithet. Clean up your act.

Shove it Dawg. I am a Gringo so I can use it. Using your argument we woudn't have never have been able to watch a Mel Brooks movie
because he calls himself jewish names. Besides the word means foreigner. True some people some places use it for more that but so what.
Clean up your own act you drunk.

Z

Zedinmexico
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Zedinmexico Wed Apr 18, 2012 1:36 pm

hound dog wrote:
Zedinmexico wrote:
a mexican card.
Z

mexican cards.

Z

Best to get a satellite dish and forget Telecable? We have a satellite dish and also subscribe to Telecable and Megacable for local programming - especially local news from Guadalajara and San Cristóbal de Las Casas. We pay for both services automatically through debit cards issued by U.S. banks and without ant penalty. You are clearly uninformed or misinfomed. What is your purpose in misleading people who may have just migrated to Mexico? Perhaps it is time to for you reconsider this migration as having immigrated to a foreign country not for in keeping with your personal goals. I understand Mississippi is a cheap place to live with a pleasant climate.

Oh I see Dawg knows more than the local manager of Bancomer or the local manager of Telecable in Riberas. I handed them 2 credit cards and 2 debit cards
none of them worked. They both said get a Mexican Credit card. Thanks for calling me a liar. That makes you a liar if I am not lying. Why would I??

Once again Dawg shove it.

Z

Zedinmexico
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next