INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Little breeze last night...

4 posters

Go down

Little breeze last night... Empty Little breeze last night...

Post by Zedinmexico Mon Apr 23, 2012 8:03 am

Peak was 31MPH last night with a little bit of rain in Ajijic. Everything is kinda blown over this morning.

Z

Zedinmexico
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Red Dwarf, Marx Brothers, SCTV

Back to top Go down

Little breeze last night... Empty Re: Little breeze last night...

Post by johninajijic Mon Apr 23, 2012 8:52 am

Zedinmexico wrote:Peak was 31MPH last night with a little bit of rain in Ajijic. Everything is kinda blown over this morning.
Z

Very unusual and everything including the pool is filthy.
johninajijic
johninajijic
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sometimes

Back to top Go down

Post by CheenaGringo Mon Apr 23, 2012 9:02 am

I just had an email from Steve, the Lake Chapala weather guy. He recorded 36mph last night. Interestingly, he said that he had always questioned his old anemometer readings in the past. Since the installation of the new Davis weather station equipment, he feels that the wind speed readings are more accurate.

CheenaGringo
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by hound dog Mon Apr 23, 2012 10:29 am

Very unusual and everything including the pool is filthy.[/quote]

Not that unusual actually, John. Since you and Dawg have both been here for over a decade, you and I will recall several windstorms in this area that were a bit disconcerting over they years if one has large and older trees as do we. I don´t really understand the meteorlogical phenomenon that brings this about but it would be interesting to hear from someone knowledgable about that so we could understand this occassional odd weather better. We learned, after moving to Highland Chiapas in 2006, that the climate there was often affected by weather phenomena moving over the mountains from the Gulf of Mexico. That meant more rain and cloudiness generally speaking. Live and learn.
hound dog
hound dog
Bad Dawg
Bad Dawg

Back to top Go down

Post by Zedinmexico Mon Apr 23, 2012 1:51 pm

CheenaGringo wrote:I just had an email from Steve, the Lake Chapala weather guy. He recorded 36mph last night. Interestingly, he said that he had always questioned his old anemometer readings in the past. Since the installation of the new Davis weather station equipment, he feels that the wind speed readings are more accurate.

According to the Zed's official " The Weather Channel " weather system which should not be confused with the proper gear that Steve has.
My whole system lists for 200bucks. Looking at the pictures of his new stuff. Guessing one of his new instruments is like my whole system.

The wind was coming from the SW like it normally does and than it moved 180 degrees from the NE and the big winds came. Anybody else
see that or was I seeing the wind swirling around the buildings in plaza Ajijic?

Z
(drift)
P.S. You know we really should do some kind of FUN fundraiser and pay for Steve's new equipment. He does a great service to lakeside.

Zedinmexico
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CheenaGringo Mon Apr 23, 2012 2:30 pm

Zed:

Your assumptions on the cost are spot on. When we came down in January, we brought a bunch of replacement parts for the old Oregon Scientific system. In order to get all of the parts he needed, he ended up buying a complete system for a bit over $200USD. Even with the numerous new parts implanted into the setup, he wasn't happy with the lack of reliability. So he stepped up and purchased the far more expensive and hopefully more reliable Davis system.

To say the least, Steve is very set in his ways and definitely likes the autonomy offered when he doesn't take money from anyone. This is his way of only answering to himself. I don't think you were around when there was a major flareup when someone publicly criticized him on the forums for information (statistics) which they didn't agree with. I have been privy to the statistics of how many visits site visits a day and the numbers amaze me. On top of that, he receives far too many comments either pro or con via email and let me tell you - some are so out of line while some should be collected and compiled for the ignorance exhibited.

This is a "habit or obsession" for Steve and gives him something to occupy his time!

CheenaGringo
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Zedinmexico Mon Apr 23, 2012 2:37 pm

CheenaGringo wrote:Zed:

Your assumptions on the cost are spot on. When we came down in January, we brought a bunch of replacement parts for the old Oregon Scientific system. In order to get all of the parts he needed, he ended up buying a complete system for a bit over $200USD. Even with the numerous new parts implanted into the setup, he wasn't happy with the lack of reliability. So he stepped up and purchased the far more expensive and hopefully more reliable Davis system.

To say the least, Steve is very set in his ways and definitely likes the autonomy offered when he doesn't take money from anyone. This is his way of only answering to himself. I don't think you were around when there was a major flareup when someone publicly criticized him on the forums for information (statistics) which they didn't agree with. I have been privy to the statistics of how many visits site visits a day and the numbers amaze me. On top of that, he receives far too many comments either pro or con via email and let me tell you - some are so out of line while some should be collected and compiled for the ignorance exhibited.

This is a "habit or obsession" for Steve and gives him something to occupy his time!

Thanks for the info CG. I will respect that. Would he take a good bottle of booze as thanks?

Z

Zedinmexico
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CheenaGringo Mon Apr 23, 2012 2:45 pm

I highly doubt that he would turn it down! HA!

CheenaGringo
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Zedinmexico Mon Apr 23, 2012 3:27 pm

CheenaGringo wrote:I highly doubt that he would turn it down! HA!

OK LOL.... if you come into Ajijic sometime pm me and I will give you a bottle to deliver. No strings just thanks!!

Z

Zedinmexico
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down