INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Getting old, it's the new norm

+7
ferret
viajero
Zedinmexico
gringal
johninajijic
hockables
Chapalagringa
11 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Getting old, it's the new norm - Page 3 Empty Re: Getting old, it's the new norm

Post by kipissippi Thu Apr 26, 2012 4:28 pm

I dont' know if it's so much that Gringal, I think most of us are mourning the loss of how it once was...and not that long ago. Remember when it didn't matter what street you were on, how dark or how late it was? Families in the plaza at midnight? There's so much more to Lakeside of course. But I do remember when I felt so much safer in Ajijic than anywhere I'd ever been.

kipissippi
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Getting old, it's the new norm - Page 3 Empty Re: Getting old, it's the new norm

Post by Chapalagringa Thu Apr 26, 2012 4:33 pm

Yesterday, a facebook status resembled something I was hearing here yet this was 2000 miles away near my hometown:

friend status:
"I'm not generally a paranoid person, but a low-flying helicopter did just send me to my door locks after the whole gunman incident we had a couple weeks ago!"

I ask what the gunman incident was about...she replied,
"There was a gunman arrested on the road near us. Law enforcement called all the homes nearby to alert the neighborhood."

Where do we all think we may go to escape? Maybe it is that news travels faster nowadays via internet? Turn it off & take a vaca from it all, you'll be surprised how relaxing & peaceful life can still be. Don't think about it. If a friend calls or knocks at the door and says it may be a good idea to stay indoors tonight. Think nothing of it. Pop some popcorn and watch a good movie in the comfort of home or sip your favorite tea by the pool. :) Everything will be fine in the morning...
Chapalagringa
Chapalagringa
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : all natural

Back to top Go down

Post by Chapalagringa Thu Apr 26, 2012 8:20 pm

From TOB:
mexicana mama i did not look @ this board untill after 7:30pm last night. (or if i did it was before the info was posted). if my mex computer man drove here from guad, the welder came for an appt from west ajijic, the taxi picked me up, etc etc, all was normal fro these mexicans. for me it was as well. all businesses were open as usual last night in town. as for today same thing. i didnt see this forum until late afternoon today. so all was normal today as well. ive been here too long to "react" all the time. i would choose a night sleep before watching trucks. sometimes you just have to get on w/it. no police will tell anyone anywhere (in the world) whats going on. i am not stupid. maybe the people who called them are? there was always drama here, just more recently. im not going on 4 forums every hour every day to see if there is a warning i may have missed. if something happends thats life. this is not europe in the 2nd world war.

Exactly! Although, sometimes it's just fun to see what's happening...if you have the time. :)
Chapalagringa
Chapalagringa
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : all natural

Back to top Go down

Post by Jim W Thu Apr 26, 2012 8:54 pm

hockables wrote:Refreshing.... and so right...

People are upset, and rightfully so... but the Chicken-Little ... Sky Is Falling crap is taking over their entire way of thinking

good post
Really refreshing.....

Chapalla gringal has a wierd life....she disappears for months........then hundreds of posts....in a few days...kids must be in school?
Jim W
Jim W
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Whenever I need it!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3