INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Where Can I Buy a Coffee Maker in Chapala?

+11
bobnliz
borderreiver
ferret
ComputerGuy
hockables
lunateak
hound dog
gringal
itsme
viajero
johninajijic
15 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Where Can I Buy a Coffee Maker in Chapala? - Page 2 Empty Re: Where Can I Buy a Coffee Maker in Chapala?

Post by ComputerGuy Sun Apr 29, 2012 4:08 pm

hockables wrote:
HelperGuy wrote:So who will be the guineau pig on the Oro coffee? I don't drink it anymore, but my Mom uses instant every morning. I'm curious to see if the promise of real flavour holds up. Along those lines:

I've been buying Idahoan instant mashed potatos at Walmart, 5 diff. flavours, 18 pesos a bag. I swear they are the only instant mashed I've ever had that don't taste like chemicals. Even my girlfriend agreed, and she abhors instant mashed.

Instant Mashed Potatoes.... snork....even Bugs won't eat that stuff...

Just about any nutritionist will tell U most anything in a Box on those Store Shelves isn't good for ya... or outright bad for ya.

How hard is it to Bake, Boil, or Fry a Potato?

I could not give two sweet craps what the nutritionists say. I know what I like. And in this case, it's great for my Mother, who suffered a stroke two weeks ago and can only eat small amounts of soft foods, spoon-fed. That she enjoyed this particular brand of instant before this, only makes it better.

ComputerGuy
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Where Can I Buy a Coffee Maker in Chapala? - Page 2 Empty Re: Where Can I Buy a Coffee Maker in Chapala?

Post by espíritu del lago Sun Apr 29, 2012 4:21 pm

I like real mashed potatoes, but when tired or in a hurry instant works just fine. Nothing wrong with being a purist but I temper it with convenience and reality. As a coffee snob that I am. Guess what there are great instant coffees and sometimes that is what I crave and want.
espíritu del lago
espíritu del lago
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sarcastic

Back to top Go down

Post by ComputerGuy Sun Apr 29, 2012 4:31 pm

This is starting to sound like one of those TOB threads, lol.
ComputerGuy
ComputerGuy
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Chapalagringa Sun Apr 29, 2012 4:39 pm

Instant! Eww!!! Instant taters??? Sick!! Falls into the instant stove top dressing catagory...come on, bake yur bread and stuff that turkey & do it right!

Helper guy, are you tall and skinny? I always see a nice man w/his mama at the tianguis buying fresh whole foods...doesn't sound like instant people hehe. That wouldn't last on TOB cause we'd all get the boot!!! You eat & drink what ya like. I like the real thing baby! The more authentical the better ;)
Chapalagringa
Chapalagringa
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : all natural

Back to top Go down

Post by ComputerGuy Sun Apr 29, 2012 4:47 pm

I'm tall and now sporting a good pile of junk up front. Mom hasn't been able to do the tianguis for a couple of years now, because of her back. And I'm only nice to my customers.
ComputerGuy
ComputerGuy
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Chapalagringa Sun Apr 29, 2012 5:47 pm

:) ok...yes, you have a very nice online persona as well :)

wonder if John will get his coffee pot?
Chapalagringa
Chapalagringa
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by bobnliz Sun Apr 29, 2012 7:35 pm

Chapalagringa wrote:Instant! Eww!!! Instant taters??? Sick!! Falls into the instant stove top dressing catagory...come on, bake yur bread and stuff that turkey & do it right!

Helper guy, are you tall and skinny? I always see a nice man w/his mama at the tianguis buying fresh whole foods...doesn't sound like instant people hehe. That wouldn't last on TOB cause we'd all get the boot!!! You eat & drink what ya like. I like the real thing baby! The more authentical the better ;)

My. but you are quick to dismiss the opinions of others.
Just for the record... De gustibus non disputandum est. ie... 'In matters of taste, there is no dispute.' Waaay too much a personal thing, don't you know? Lizzy
bobnliz
bobnliz
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : wry ans dry

Back to top Go down

Post by ferret Sun Apr 29, 2012 8:38 pm

Helperguy...you're only nice to your customers? Does that mean we haven't met the real you yet?
I sympathize. Dealing with the public is not fun and trying to wipe the frozen smile off your face every night is painful.
The whistling kettle that has to be heard from two rooms away...would a baby monitor help to hear it better? Might do in a pinch until you find the right kettle.
ferret
ferret
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Chapalagringa Sun Apr 29, 2012 9:11 pm

bobnliz wrote:
Chapalagringa wrote:Instant! Eww!!! Instant taters??? Sick!! Falls into the instant stove top dressing catagory...come on, bake yur bread and stuff that turkey & do it right!

Just for the record... De gustibus non disputandum est. ie... 'In matters of taste, there is no dispute.' Waaay too much a personal thing, don't you know? Lizzy

yes it is personal...I've tasted some pretty good instant and a lot of processed food that tasted good that wasn't good for me. You get to do what you want. When in my house, we do as I want...when in your house, as you want. My dad was here visiting recently. He doesn't like yogurt. This is a problem since our evening dessert is frozen yogurt smoothies. Raw honey, fresh frozen berries & natural unsweetened yogurt. Probiotics, cancer-allergy fighting yummy treat. Dad wanted ice cream. In fact, the whole house wanted ice cream. I wanted ice cream...They were happy buying some name brand foam from Walmart. I said no way! I'd be insulted to bring that home. You want ice cream we're making it from scratch! We pulled out the ice cream maker and made it! It was yummy and everyone said it was well worth waiting for. Had to add some homemade chocolate ganache too! :)
Chapalagringa
Chapalagringa
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by ComputerGuy Sun Apr 29, 2012 11:18 pm

ferret wrote:Helperguy...you're only nice to your customers? Does that mean we haven't met the real you yet?
I sympathize. Dealing with the public is not fun and trying to wipe the frozen smile off your face every night is painful.
The whistling kettle that has to be heard from two rooms away...would a baby monitor help to hear it better? Might do in a pinch until you find the right kettle.

I actually love most of my customers; I feel like a doctor after a cure, most often. They're happy, I'm happy. So my smile is real... I'm happiest when working through problems for people. Is that weird or what? (Plus, you guys are my customers, and you're good to me.)

Where I really have to freeze my smile sometimes is on TOB...
ComputerGuy
ComputerGuy
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by bobnliz Mon Apr 30, 2012 8:06 am

Chapalagringa wrote:
bobnliz wrote:

yes it is personal...I've tasted some pretty good instant and a lot of processed food that tasted good that wasn't good for me. You get to do what you want. When in my house, we do as I want...when in your house, as you want. My dad was here visiting recently. He doesn't like yogurt. This is a problem since our evening dessert is frozen yogurt smoothies. Raw honey, fresh frozen berries & natural unsweetened yogurt. Probiotics, cancer-allergy fighting yummy treat. Dad wanted ice cream. In fact, the whole house wanted ice cream. I wanted ice cream...They were happy buying some name brand foam from Walmart. I said no way! I'd be insulted to bring that home. You want ice cream we're making it from scratch! We pulled out the ice cream maker and made it! It was yummy and everyone said it was well worth waiting for. Had to add some homemade chocolate ganache too! :)

Gee.... how nice for you.
Nobody seems to be giving little old you a hard time about YOUR choices. Is there some reason you feel entitled to criticize the tastes of others?
Tell ya what...you do it however you like... and we will all happily go about making our own choices. razberry Lizzy
bobnliz
bobnliz
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : wry ans dry

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2