INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Next Pink Slime?

3 posters

Go down

The Next Pink Slime? Empty The Next Pink Slime?

Post by CheenaGringo Sat Apr 28, 2012 11:15 am

New beef brouhaha: Should you be grossed out by 'meat glue?'

"Still reeling from the specter of "pink slime," beef industry officials on Friday fought off another culinary creep-out: “meat glue.”

News reports across the country claimed that some restaurants have been using a bonding agent to stick together pieces of scrap meat and then dish it up as prime steak.

“This fat, rare-cooked filet mignon is not what it seems. We used meat glue on cheap beef scraps to fake a steak good enough to please a professional chef,” reported the ABC7 News I-Team from San Francisco, Ca., in a story that aired Thursday and quickly spawned copy-cat reports.............

http://vitals.msnbc.msn.com/_news/2012/04/27/11433085-new-beef-brouhaha-should-you-be-grossed-out-by-meat-glue?lite

I would be extremely pizzed to find out that the expensive filet purchased at a fine restaurant was glued together!

CheenaGringo
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

The Next Pink Slime? Empty Re: The Next Pink Slime?

Post by hound dog Sat Apr 28, 2012 1:23 pm

Dawg does not understand your frustration, CG. Most New Mexican food could use some glue. As Dawg recalls, back in the 50s, we Alabamians glued everything together with corn starch, Karo Syrup and Early Times Whisky. Nothing like Karo Syrup, Early Times and some pork fatback to enhance the flavor of collard greens. I´ll bring the cornpone if you supply the booze.

By the way, making beef really tasty requires injecting hormones over time and then letting it rot for weeks in what is euphemistically known as "dry aging". Just like crocodiles age their victims in their warrens underwater, humans rot meat to make it more comestible but I´ll bet you already knew that. Do not BS The Dawg.

Last edited by hound dog on Sat Apr 28, 2012 1:31 pm; edited 1 time in total
hound dog
hound dog
Bad Dawg
Bad Dawg

Back to top Go down

Post by hockables Sat Apr 28, 2012 1:28 pm

hound dog wrote:Dawg does not understand your frustration, CG. Most New Mexican food could use some glue. As Dawg recalls, back in the 50s, we Alabamians glued everything together with corn starch, Karo Syrup and Early Times Whisky. Nothing like Karo Syrup, Early Times and some pork fatback to enhance the flavor of collard greens. I´ll bring the cornpone if you supply the booze.

I always like a Honey Bourbon Glue/Glaze... light on the Honey.... ;0

Goes good with damned near anything
hockables
hockables
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by hound dog Sat Apr 28, 2012 4:30 pm

[
I always like a Honey Bourbon Glue/Glaze... light on the Honey.... ;0

Did you mean, "Light on the honey, eh?" In Alabama we´d a said, "Yáll take it easy awn the honey, y´heah. Brang me mo bourbon an make it snappy or Ah´ll whup yo ass."

It takes generations to generate civil discourse as locally recognized.

In France one would be told to simply relax and then they´d done have stole yo shoes while you slept.
hound dog
hound dog
Bad Dawg
Bad Dawg

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down