INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Jasmine's Indian restaurant reopens - Thurs. through Sun.

5 posters

Go down

Jasmine's Indian restaurant reopens - Thurs. through Sun. Empty Jasmine's Indian restaurant reopens - Thurs. through Sun.

Post by simpsca Sat Jun 16, 2012 7:43 am

Now that cooler weather is upon us we have reopened our restaurant, "Jasmine's Classic India". the new hours are thursday to sunday from 12 to 7pm. we are offering samosas, mango lassis, wonderful vegetable dishes, lamb kebabs and chicken tikka masala along with our homemade chutneys and naan (bread). we continue to have our sampler platter, but now have "a la carte" available as well. we will be having live classical music of India on our stage and selected recordings from our collection at other times. we have improved our back garden seating and our menu, so come on by and take a look.....hope to see you soon, nancy and michael robbins

Jasmine's Classic India food and music
Parroquia 12A, Ajijic (south side of the plaza)
thursday--sunday
12--7pm.
01-376-766-2636
simpsca
simpsca
Events Reporter
Events Reporter

Back to top Go down

Jasmine's Indian restaurant reopens - Thurs. through Sun. Empty Re: Jasmine's Indian restaurant reopens - Thurs. through Sun.

Post by GBATRUCKS Fri Jun 29, 2012 9:53 am

We tried it yesterday...pretty good. The menu is limited and heavy vegetarian with 7 vegetarian dishes and only 3 meat offerings....2 chicken, 1 lamb. I had the chicken vindaloo which was ok, but one-dimensional. If you like it spicy, be sure to tell your server and he will adjust it...they are playing the spices down a little to appeal to gringos that don't like spicy food. Christa had the chicken Tikka Masla & it was excellent! The garlic-naan was quite good considering they don't have a tandoori oven....Definetly worth a try! middle finger
GBATRUCKS
GBATRUCKS
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Black Adder sarcasm

Back to top Go down

Jasmine's Indian restaurant reopens - Thurs. through Sun. Empty Re: Jasmine's Indian restaurant reopens - Thurs. through Sun.

Post by hound dog Fri Jun 29, 2012 9:00 pm

GBATRUCKS wrote:We tried it yesterday...pretty good. The menu is limited and heavy vegetarian with 7 vegetarian dishes and only 3 meat offerings....2 chicken, 1 lamb. I had the chicken vindaloo which was ok, but one-dimensional. If you like it spicy, be sure to tell your server and he will adjust it...they are playing the spices down a little to appeal to gringos that don't like spicy food. Christa had the chicken Tikka Masla & it was excellent! The garlic-naan was quite good considering they don't have a tandoori oven....Definetly worth a try! middle finger

"...one dimensional chicken vindaloo), "...playing the spices down a little to appeal to gringos....". "...quite good considerng they don´t have a tandoori oven...."

In another words, a huge disappointment. Inadequately spiced propositional Indian vegetarian stews and charred meats mostly lacking character and made less sophisticated to appeal to western palates presumed to be less tolerant of seemingly exotic herbs and spices. A racist putdown and unworthy of note. Dawg is not amused and is also not amused at being served tasteless gruel presented as traditional spicy Indian stews. These folks must decide the clinetele they wish to serve.

When I went there twice, As one who often dined in India and East Africa, I requested extra spicy food. It never happened.

I do, however, think these are great people with a great idea and the potential to serve great food to go with their fabulous music . I will b back and hope for the best.
hound dog
hound dog
Bad Dawg
Bad Dawg

Back to top Go down

Post by CheenaGringo Fri Jun 29, 2012 9:34 pm

Well Dawg, you know my history of being exposed to Indian food. Kathy isn't big on curries, so we kind of dance around the edges for her sake. About a month ago, after purchasing some Los Angeles commercially prepared naan, our local Kroger store suddenly started displaying a free standing display of: http://stonefire.com/our-flatbreads/naan/
Now I want to tell you, this is as good of Naan that I ever experienced in 6 years of living in the "hellhole". As an added plus, the packages freeze really well and can then be available for anytime we want!

[img]Jasmine's Indian restaurant reopens - Thurs. through Sun. Featim10[/img]

CheenaGringo
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by simpsca Fri Jun 29, 2012 10:06 pm

I have taken her Indian cooking classes when they first moved here - she studied Indian cooking in India. And at that time her food was wonderful. I have to agree that the food I've had at the restaurant while good, is not the food I expect from her. Maybe she will get it right yet, I know she can cook. But cooking for a restaurant is a whole different thing.
simpsca
simpsca
Events Reporter
Events Reporter

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Daddy Mexico Fri Jun 29, 2012 10:11 pm

Making Butter Chicken from scratch for some friends tomorrow. Just finished making the Garam Masala.

This was the first time where I did not have to buy any spices as I had them all in stock. It seems we use almost every spice available in our sausages.

House smells great.
Big Daddy Mexico
Big Daddy Mexico
Share Holder
Share Holder

http://www.bigdaddyssausages.com

Back to top Go down

Post by GBATRUCKS Sat Jun 30, 2012 10:40 am

Homemade garam masala is the only way to go. I'm making a batch of chaat masala to go with the chicken tikka that's marinating in the fridge. Sure is great to have the time to do all this stuff.
GBATRUCKS
GBATRUCKS
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Black Adder sarcasm

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down