INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Reuters Article on drug war lakeside

+3
Mainecoons
johninajijic
simpsca
7 posters

Go down

Reuters Article on drug war lakeside Empty Reuters Article on drug war lakeside

Post by simpsca Wed Jun 27, 2012 8:26 am

Reuters Article on drug war lakeside: http://www.reuters.com/article/2012/06/18/us-mexico-drugs-idUSBRE85H00320120618
simpsca
simpsca
Events Reporter
Events Reporter

Back to top Go down

Reuters Article on drug war lakeside Empty Re: Reuters Article on drug war lakeside

Post by johninajijic Wed Jun 27, 2012 9:30 am

simpsca wrote:Reuters Article on drug war lakeside: http://www.reuters.com/article/2012/06/18/us-mexico-drugs-idUSBRE85H00320120618

As usual sensationalism by the news media with hardly any facts and the so called facts posted are wrong.

Ooooh, big drug war. I'm soooo scared. I'm sssshhhakinn. What a load of horse crap!!!
johninajijic
johninajijic
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sometimes

Back to top Go down

Reuters Article on drug war lakeside Empty Re: Reuters Article on drug war lakeside

Post by Mainecoons Wed Jun 27, 2012 9:53 am

Good article on governments' failed drug war on Borderland Beat.

Amazing how the government control freaks don't learn from their mistakes and can't seem to grasp the limits of their reach and effectiveness.

Drug war caused more heroin consumption?
Mainecoons
Mainecoons
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Mad Magazine

Back to top Go down

Post by Ms.Thang Wed Jun 27, 2012 10:06 am

John, I didn't see any sensationalism in that article. That's pretty much what has happened . What facts do you think were missing and which of the facts posted were wrong?

Ms.Thang
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by E-raq Wed Jun 27, 2012 11:24 am

Dear Ms Thang, please do not ask for an opinion from John. He is convinced that absolutely nothing happened here. It might just shatter his worldview for ever.
E-raq
E-raq
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by espíritu del lago Wed Jun 27, 2012 11:45 am

It is old news now. Most everyone knows about this and specifics
espíritu del lago
espíritu del lago
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sarcastic

Back to top Go down

Post by hound dog Wed Jun 27, 2012 12:30 pm

johninajijic wrote:
simpsca wrote:Reuters Article on drug war lakeside: http://www.reuters.com/article/2012/06/18/us-mexico-drugs-idUSBRE85H00320120618
As usual sensationalism by the news media with hardly any facts and the so called facts posted are wrong.
Ooooh, big drug war. I'm soooo scared. I'm sssshhhakinn. What a load of horse crap!!!

Dawg found the article to be well-balanced for the most part and recommends the article to people either new here or contemplating moving here. A BC friend who just moved to Lakeside but is now back in Canada temporarily, sent us another, rather lengthy article on this problem which I recommend to the readers. From The New Yorker, Letter From Mexico, "The Fight For Guadalajara", William Finnagan. July 2, 2012 Edition.

As an earlier poster stated, to some extent this is old news to us living hereabouts but, nevertheless, the depth of the systemic corruption and resultant violence and insecurity in Mexico should be understood as much as possible by foreigners considering moving here and these articles are helpful in understanding the risks as well as the rewards of committing oneself to living in an unstable political jurisdiction with an uncertain futiure. Please bear in mind, dear reader, that the poster here proclaiming alarmist published information to be "horse crap", is trying to sell his house and leave this area and. although, I don´t think that decision to sell was based on current violent events, it remains that he has a personal agenda and his view may be subjectively skewed as most views are. Make your decisions based upon objective observations as far as that is possible in a land where nothing is ever as it seems at first or, perhaps, even after a lifetime here and the truth is often less valued that the appearance of the truth. The Wizard of Oz Lives!
hound dog
hound dog
Bad Dawg
Bad Dawg

Back to top Go down

Post by Ms.Thang Wed Jun 27, 2012 1:50 pm

Ah, I see.
Well, anyone can cling to their subjectively skewed views and personal agendas till the cows come home but if they really want to sell their house they are going to have to look at what it is really worth. A house is worth what someone will pay for it, no?
I am enjoying what appears to be...blessed peace. For as long as it lasts.

Ms.Thang
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by johninajijic Wed Jun 27, 2012 2:00 pm

Ms.Thang wrote:Ah, I see.
Well, anyone can cling to their subjectively skewed views and personal agendas till the cows come home but if they really want to sell their house they are going to have to look at what it is really worth. A house is worth what someone will pay for it, no?
I am enjoying what appears to be...blessed peace. For as long as it lasts.

Your statement is correct. Believe one thing, we all own our houses (no mortgages), do not have to sell and prices are NOT coming down by much. I know, I check MLS every week. 64 houses and lots were sold from Jan 2012 to June 15, 2012. Most were under $ 300 K. The "better" choice properties sold in the mid $ 400 K to $ 600 K + range and prices were reduced "very" little. The answer to why is that they are in choice locations. My neighbor sold one of the nicest homes in Ajijic, not in my neighborhood, listed at $ 649 K for $ 620 K in 5 weeks!!! I have seen the houses, both asking and selling prices.
johninajijic
johninajijic
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Ms.Thang Wed Jun 27, 2012 2:16 pm

Oh, yes...I do believe that. Not having a mortgage gives owners a lot more holding power, it doesn't sell houses but still takes off pressure some might have if they held a mortgage. Really "choice" properties in Ajijic have and always will sell, no matter what.
There is nothing in the MLS that tells you what a property sold for, it only gives you the listing price at the time of the sale...How do you find out what they sold for? I mean, unless they are neighbors (and they don't fib about it)

Ms.Thang
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by johninajijic Wed Jun 27, 2012 2:21 pm

Ms.Thang wrote:Oh, yes...I do believe that. Not having a mortgage gives owners a lot more holding power, it doesn't sell houses but still takes off pressure some might have if they held a mortgage. Really "choice" properties in Ajijic have and always will sell, no matter what.
There is nothing in the MLS that tells you what a property sold for, it only gives you the listing price at the time of the sale...How do you find out what they sold for? I mean, unless they are neighbors (and they don't fib about it)

I ask my Realtor when he's here to look at his computer. It shows asking price, days on market, selling price and whether or not an American, Canadian or Mexican bought it.
johninajijic
johninajijic
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down