INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Today's Election Results

+19
Flamingo
Rosa Venus
MexicoJimbo
espĂ­ritu del lago
angela04101
CanuckBob
RoofBob
brigitte
manymoonsago
johninajijic
mielicita
MexicoPete
Smartalex
simpsca
viajero
Ms.Thang
sparks
CheenaGringo
Trailrunner
23 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Today's Election Results - Page 3 Empty Re: Today's Election Results

Post by Mainecoons Mon Jul 02, 2012 12:48 pm

viajero wrote:
CanuckBob wrote:They will back one or two and help take things over again........it could get very messy for some of the weaker cartels in the near future.
Let's hope they start with the zetas,they are beyond the pale and a plague on Mexico,send in the army and the marines and hunt them down.

Yep!!!

Mainecoons
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by GBATRUCKS Mon Jul 02, 2012 1:33 pm

...U.S. Army & Marines?
GBATRUCKS
GBATRUCKS
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Black Adder sarcasm

Back to top Go down

Post by viajero Mon Jul 02, 2012 2:12 pm

GBATRUCKS wrote:...U.S. Army & Marines?
At ease gbatrucks!,I was talking about the Mexican version.

viajero
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Twain

Back to top Go down

Post by GBATRUCKS Mon Jul 02, 2012 2:23 pm

Oh heck! I was thinking we need a good dose of the 101st. Airborne... Twisted Evil Twisted Evil
GBATRUCKS
GBATRUCKS
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Smartalex Mon Jul 02, 2012 3:00 pm

viajero wrote:
CanuckBob wrote:They will back one or two and help take things over again........it could get very messy for some of the weaker cartels in the near future.
Let's hope they start with the zetas,they are a plague on Mexico,send in the army and the marines and hunt them down.

Keep in mind that the core group that founded the Zetas were deserters from the Mexican army Special Forces. They were trained by the U.S. military as counter-insurgency shock troops. They fancy themselves to be a bunch of Rambos. Under Calderon, while the other cartels were being divided and splintered, the Zetas were consolidating command and control over the remnants of those cartel organizations. They grew more powerful every day that Calderon was in office. Does this mean that the Mexican politicos have favorite "cartels of choice?" Probably. It is very telling to me that, although everyone knows that Sinaloa cartel leader Chapo Guzman is the "most wanted man in Mexico," few can name the leader of the Zetas.
Smartalex
Smartalex
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by viajero Mon Jul 02, 2012 3:20 pm

GBATRUCKS wrote:Oh heck! I was thinking we need a good dose of the 101st. Airborne... Twisted Evil Twisted Evil
That's not going to happen,but if they made a concerted effort using intel from US agencies,the Sinaloa cartel and their own intelligence agencies they could destroy these pricks in short order if they really wanted to IMO.

viajero
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Smartalex Mon Jul 02, 2012 3:48 pm

viajero wrote:
GBATRUCKS wrote:Oh heck! I was thinking we need a good dose of the 101st. Airborne... Twisted Evil Twisted Evil
That's not going to happen,but if they made a concerted effort using intel from US agencies,the Sinaloa cartel and their own intelligence agencies they could destroy these pricks in short order if they really wanted to IMO.

That ain't gonna happen either. Pena Nieto is a handsome idiot...even too stupid to be a good liar. I expect him to do exactly what he said, i.e., call the troops back to their barracks and create a new, seperate agency to deal with cartel control. In the meantime, the Sinaloas and the Zetas will have the opportunity to sort things out between themselves with little or no interference from the government. As long as there are fewer innocent heads rolling around the various plazas, everyone will be happy.
Smartalex
Smartalex
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Trailrunner Mon Jul 02, 2012 3:57 pm

Smartalex wrote:
viajero wrote:

That ain't gonna happen either. Pena Nieto is a handsome idiot...even too stupid to be a good liar. I expect him to do exactly what he said, i.e., call the troops back to their barracks and create a new, seperate agency to deal with cartel control. In the meantime, the Sinaloas and the Zetas will have the opportunity to sort things out between themselves with little or no interference from the government. As long as there are fewer innocent heads rolling around the various plazas, everyone will be happy.

Yep, that's exactly how I see it, Smartalex. And that would be better than the current situation!

Way too much money in the 'war on drugs' for either country to put an end to it! Ain't gonna happen.
Trailrunner
Trailrunner
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by johninajijic Mon Jul 02, 2012 4:04 pm

Smartalex wrote:
viajero wrote:

And that should make all of the people in Mexico happy. And increase any lost Tourist business and possibly improve RE business, although I don't see RE business to significantly improve for 2 - 3 years.
johninajijic
johninajijic
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sometimes

Back to top Go down

Post by viajero Mon Jul 02, 2012 4:08 pm

I disagree I think they should go after the zetas with everything they have and I don't think the Mexican people would have a problem with that.

viajero
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by johninajijic Mon Jul 02, 2012 4:14 pm

viajero wrote:I disagree I think they should go after the zetas with everything they have and I don't think the Mexican people would have a problem with that.

If you agree with that, then it's OK for the zetas to massacre anyone and everyone they feel like and kidnap innocents. I guess that's what you want?? Why not look at Calderon's performance over the last 6 years. He accomplished NOTHING and was too stupid to learn from the US who have spent BILLIONS fighting an unwinable war. And the US continues with its stupidity too.
johninajijic
johninajijic
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sometimes

Back to top Go down

Post by little italy Mon Jul 02, 2012 4:44 pm

Here's a stupid question. What does the U.S. need to do to fight drug wars? If we have spent BILLIONS why haven't we made a dent? Are we to continue to spend BILLIONS and have the same effect as we currently have? Honestly I would really like to know what we need to do. Any suggestions?

little italy
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by David Mon Jul 02, 2012 5:19 pm

Drop the whole pretext of the "war on drugs." Morality can't be legislated. At least in Mexico the "war on drugs" is fought with guns. In the USA it fought with only words.
David
David
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Good

Back to top Go down

Post by Smartalex Mon Jul 02, 2012 5:46 pm

little italy wrote:Here's a stupid question. What does the U.S. need to do to fight drug wars? If we have spent BILLIONS why haven't we made a dent? Are we to continue to spend BILLIONS and have the same effect as we currently have? Honestly I would really like to know what we need to do. Any suggestions?

Here's a suggestion for you: Legalize it! If drugs were legal and controlled like alcohol and tobacco, we woiuld turn a major crime problem into a relatively minor health issue overnight. Keep in mind that the biggest drug problem in America is prescription drugs...and they are legal. If drugs were legal, they would have little monetary value and there would be no incentive to actually kill because of them.
Smartalex
Smartalex
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by angela04101 Mon Jul 02, 2012 5:53 pm

Today's Election Results - Page 3 477249 The U.S. needs to legalize / decriminalize recreational drugs and thereby destroy the illicit market for them. It is our hypocritical moralizing that keeps us going with so-called drug wars. Narcos are very good at what they do, we should let them do it - create and distribute drugs, but take away the excessive profit, and license them to do it. Drug use and addiction are medical/psychiatric issues, not moral/legal issues. Only miserable people with zero resources choose to get addicted. What are we as a society doing to alleviate their misery, and offer them support? I speak from experience having worked in the field of chemical dependency. Addicts should be allowed to get prescriptions for their drugs and pay for them, after all, they do it by illegal means. MJ should be decriminalized, taxed and regulated like alcohol and cigarettes. We should have learned a lesson from Prohibition, we're too dumb. We keep beating our heads against the wall and expect different results. And as for why we keep doing these insane wars-on-drugs - follow the money: who stands to gain from keeping them going?

angela04101

Back to top Go down

Post by Trailrunner Mon Jul 02, 2012 6:03 pm

Ok, but what about the cartels then. When they are making 25 cents on the dollar they used to make. They'll go back to school and work at the post office? I don't think so.

And what about the Mexican economy that supposedly is 60% narco money?

I think it's too late for all that. Unfortunately.
Trailrunner
Trailrunner
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Trailrunner Mon Jul 02, 2012 6:06 pm

viajero wrote:I disagree I think they should go after the zetas with everything they have and I don't think the Mexican people would have a problem with that.

No, I agree and I don't think anyone would have a problem with that.

Problem is, how? How do you identify a Zeta? You could get a few known ones, but what about the rest of them? They're like cockroaches, for every one that gets killed there are another 100 hidden ones waiting to take over.
Trailrunner
Trailrunner
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by GBATRUCKS Mon Jul 02, 2012 6:14 pm

Trailrunner wrote:

And what about the Mexican economy that supposedly is 60% narco money?...sure you aren't already smoking MJ? Shocked
GBATRUCKS
GBATRUCKS
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by viajero Mon Jul 02, 2012 6:18 pm

johninajijic wrote:

If you agree with that, then it's OK for the zetas to massacre anyone and everyone they feel like and kidnap innocents. I guess that's what you want?? Why not look at Calderon's performance over the last 6 years. He accomplished NOTHING and was too stupid to learn from the US who have spent BILLIONS fighting an unwinable war. And the US continues with its stupidity too.
John you don't understand,the zetas are'nt like the other cartels who mainly just want to move their product,the zetas are into extortion,kidnapping,murder and mayhem as well as moving dope,they are the the guys who terrorized Lakeside and a whole bunch of other places.They can and should be taken out IMO.

viajero
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by angela04101 Mon Jul 02, 2012 6:24 pm

But no matter what you do in Mexico, the U.S. is the biggest consumer of illicit drugs and we have to make changes stateside. You can't just fix the supply side without fixing the demand side.

angela04101

Back to top Go down

Post by viajero Mon Jul 02, 2012 6:26 pm

Trailrunner wrote:

No, I agree and I don't think anyone would have a problem with that.

Problem is, how? How do you identify a Zeta? You could get a few known ones, but what about the rest of them? They're like cockroaches, for every one that gets killed there are another 100 hidden ones waiting to take over.
Querer es poder,a concerted effort, you bet they could do it,and it would be a huge plus for this country.

viajero
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by viajero Mon Jul 02, 2012 6:28 pm

angela04101 wrote:But no matter what you do in Mexico, the U.S. is the biggest consumer of illicit drugs and we have to make changes stateside. You can't just fix the supply side without fixing the demand side.
I'm not talking about the drug trade, I'm talking about zetas.

viajero
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3