INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Head's Up!

+12
viajero
shana
simpsca
GBATRUCKS
twelveoaks
Mainecoons
juanrey
E-raq
RoofBob
johninajijic
Rosa Venus
Trailrunner
16 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Head's Up! - Page 2 Empty Re: Head's Up!

Post by gringal Sun Jul 08, 2012 3:13 pm

viajero wrote:Not sure I'd do business with someone named "Ladron".

I've been wondering how long that one would take. Shocked

gringal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by brigitte Sun Jul 08, 2012 5:30 pm

Well GBA. Hector blew its diagnose on my 3 year old dog and it cost us plenty to have the dog die a month later.
He is not different from the other vets. Luz is the only one who had the right idea but she left...No one is perfect some just cost more than some others.

Hector also had some expensive tests run on my cat and told me he had to be on high blood pressure or his heart would start enlarging . When I saw the bill I paid and went home. I never gave the cat the treatment as he had an immune system problem anyways and was doomed...a year later the cat is doing fine. He probably will have a heart attack eventually but at least he will not be made dizzy by the medecine. He is an old cat and I rather put him to sleep than have him dizzy and locked up. He stays around on the patio and is quite happy during the days he has left .
I would have appreciated knowing what the test were going to cost before they were done as well.
My dog was dying of kidney failure and meanwhile she had 2 or 3 surgeries for some begnine tumors. on her body.
Vets can be wrong , some are just more expensive than others and a high price is not a guaranty of quality in my book.

brigitte
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by GBATRUCKS Sun Jul 08, 2012 6:15 pm

brigitte wrote:Well GBA. Hector blew its diagnose on my 3 year old dog and it cost us plenty to have the dog die a month later.
He is not different from the other vets. Luz is the only one who had the right idea but she left...No one is perfect some just cost more than some others.

Hector also had some expensive tests run on my cat and told me he had to be on high blood pressure or his heart would start enlarging . When I saw the bill I paid and went home. I never gave the cat the treatment as he had an immune system problem anyways and was doomed...a year later the cat is doing fine. He probably will have a heart attack eventually but at least he will not be made dizzy by the medecine. He is an old cat and I rather put him to sleep than have him dizzy and locked up. He stays around on the patio and is quite happy during the days he has left .
I would have appreciated knowing what the test were going to cost before they were done as well.
My dog was dying of kidney failure and meanwhile she had 2 or 3 surgeries for some begnine tumors. on her body.
Vets can be wrong , some are just more expensive than others and a high price is not a guaranty of quality in my book.

Luz was the first one to blow it....treated it as topical.
GBATRUCKS
GBATRUCKS
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Black Adder sarcasm

Back to top Go down

Post by ferret Sun Jul 08, 2012 7:37 pm

Vets aren't any different than human Doctors. BUT, they don't have a talking patient to give them clues.
Human Doctors make mistakes, Vets make mistakes. It's hard to live with a misdiagnosis for your loved one but, unfortunately, it's a fact of life. Be happy that some of you finally found the help needed.
ferret
ferret
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CheenaGringo Sun Jul 08, 2012 8:07 pm

ferret:

Finally a voice of reason!

CheenaGringo
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by brigitte Sun Jul 08, 2012 8:29 pm

Ferret you are so right, everyone makes mistakes and that is life.

brigitte
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2