INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Phone and Internet

+4
CanuckBob
cosalamx
ferret
kaleah
8 posters

Go down

Phone and Internet Empty Phone and Internet

Post by kaleah Tue Jul 10, 2012 11:33 am

Hi all,

On my last thread about moving here in August we talked a little about Internet service as my business depends upon it. I am also a counselor with an International practice via phone. In the States people call me at my local number or I use Skype. What would you, who are already living in lakeside recommend for calling people all over the world, mostly the U.S. for one to two hour sessions.

Is Vonage reliable and can you get a U.S. number that people can call? I have a U.S. Skype number but it sounds like Skype might not be all that reliable. When I was in Brazil I had good Internet and used Skype without the Camera and it worked fine. But Skype itself is not always reliable and I don't want my practice to depend upon it.

Thanks!

K
kaleah
kaleah

Back to top Go down

Phone and Internet Empty Re: Phone and Internet

Post by ferret Tue Jul 10, 2012 11:46 am

We use Vonage with the high speed Telmex connection. It's not what you would call fast but it's fast enough for that. We have a Toronto number that we purchased and set up before I brought it down. Have been using Vonage now for over eight years and see absolutely no reason to change...no problems whatsoever.
Other people use skype and magic jack and are happy. We were not.
ferret
ferret
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by cosalamx Tue Jul 10, 2012 3:10 pm

We have the Infinitum mid-speed service and use a Magic Jack Plus that connects directly to the modem. We bought the MJ+ at the beginning of the year and it has been working non-stop since then with very few service issues. I frequently am on the phone for over an hour and the connection remains excellent.

cosalamx

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Tue Jul 10, 2012 3:16 pm

We use video Skype to call Canada via TelMex. It is usually fast enough to support the video portion however if it gets choppy we just shut off the camera.
CanuckBob
CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sick and twisted

https://casadecomo.mx

Back to top Go down

Post by Chico Tue Jul 10, 2012 6:26 pm

E-mail jrm30655 at hotmail.com. He is a computer geek and has been running a phone business out of his home for the last four years. He will tell you what you need, how to back it up and how to be protected. He is a new member of this board after two months of me badgering him to join, and a friend of mine. Tell him chico sent you. He is very knowledgeable and very helpful. good luck. chico

Chico
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CheenaGringo Tue Jul 10, 2012 6:34 pm

Chico: It is very bad form to post the email address of another person without disguising the format! That is unless you wish to assure that they receive plenty of spam.

CheenaGringo
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by quiltbugj Tue Jul 10, 2012 6:48 pm

kaleah wrote:Hi all,

On my last thread about moving here in August we talked a little about Internet service as my business depends upon it. I am also a counselor with an International practice via phone. In the States people call me at my local number or I use Skype. What would you, who are already living in lakeside recommend for calling people all over the world, mostly the U.S. for one to two hour sessions.

Is Vonage reliable and can you get a U.S. number that people can call? I have a U.S. Skype number but it sounds like Skype might not be all that reliable. When I was in Brazil I had good Internet and used Skype without the Camera and it worked fine. But Skype itself is not always reliable and I don't want my practice to depend upon it.

Thanks!

K

I sent you a PM
quiltbugj
quiltbugj
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Chico Tue Jul 10, 2012 7:07 pm

CheenaGringo wrote:Chico: It is very bad form to post the email address of another person without disguising the format! That is unless you wish to assure that they receive plenty of spam.

You are absolutely correct. Now I cannot find the edit button to change it. Maybe, it has been posted for too long. I am going to have hell to pay if he gets hit with even more spam. Appreciate your gentle reminder, which I should have known. chico

Chico
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Tue Jul 10, 2012 7:13 pm

I will fix it.
CanuckBob
CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sick and twisted

https://casadecomo.mx

Back to top Go down

Post by Chico Tue Jul 10, 2012 7:14 pm

quiltbugj wrote:
kaleah wrote:Hi all,

Thanks!

K

I sent you a PM

May I reiterate. jrm 30655 at hotmail.com chico

Chico
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Chico Tue Jul 10, 2012 7:16 pm

CanuckBob wrote:I will fix it.

Thanks, Bob.chico

Chico
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by seisdedos Tue Jul 10, 2012 8:27 pm

Telmex has a package deal with internet service and unlimited phone calls to the US for 999 pesos a month.
seisdedos
seisdedos
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down