INSIDE LAKESIDE
Log In or Register

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE
Log In or Register

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

YVES Restaurant Review

Go down

YVES Restaurant Review Empty YVES Restaurant Review

Post by johninajijic Sun Jul 22, 2012 12:42 am

On Friday night nine of us from our Semi Monthly Dinner group ate at YVES restaurant. We had not been there for a couple of years, since the menu was quite small back then. Things have really changed, a much larger menu and a better selection. We ordered our drinks. They had a special Mango or Raspberry Margarita and Mojitos on the menu. Some people ordered those.

They brought bread and butter, a hard roll, not stale. We ordered our food. One person ordered just Azteca Soup. She said it was good, but not quite as good a Tony's. Personally I think you cannot beat Nueva Posada or Super Burrito for Azteca soup.

Two others ordered Shrimp Diabla which they said was very spicy and a little overcooked. I orderd Shrimp in lemon butter. They were cooked perfectly and were delicious. There were 10 small shrimp with a generous amount of rice and veggies that were broccoli, carrots and zuchini cooked perfectly. Shrimp was available several ways: Shrimp with garlic, or lemon butter or BBQ or Diabla.

Two people ordered Bacon Cheeseburgers with french fries. They were good and of a decent thickness. One person ordered Lamb Chops, 5 chops and said they were excellent. Another person ordered Tuna (tuna steak) over Fettucine. He liked it. One person ordered Filet Mignon. She said it was the best Filet that she has had at Lakeside. She had a rich mushroom gravy on the side. The Filet was one of, if not the largest that I have seen here, about 3/4" to 1" thick and cooked perfectly.

A salad bar with just about anything you can think of comes with the meals. Two kinds of dressing available.

The food was very good. The portions and prices good. Yves is a real gentlemen as he visits the tables and talks with his customers. One of our friends goes there in the AM for breakfast when he walks the Malecon.

YVES restaurant - 766 3565 - Closed Wednesday
johninajijic
johninajijic
Share Holder
Share Holder

Posts : 3850
Join date : 2010-10-23
Age : 77
Location : West Ajijic
Humor : Sometimes

Back to top Go down

YVES Restaurant Review Empty Re: YVES Restaurant Review

Post by Zedinmexico Sun Jul 22, 2012 11:15 am

Try Chicken or Beef Filet with the brandy mushroom sauce. The salad bar is a
good one especially the Champions. Just had a rib eye last night. Medium rare
is a little more rare than NOB to let you know in my experience.

Z

Zedinmexico
Share Holder
Share Holder

Posts : 5557
Join date : 2011-10-28
Location : On the hill in Ajijic
Humor : Red Dwarf, Marx Brothers, SCTV

Back to top Go down

YVES Restaurant Review Empty Re: YVES Restaurant Review

Post by johninajijic Sun Jul 22, 2012 11:42 am

Zedinmexico wrote:Try Chicken or Beef Filet with the brandy mushroom sauce. The salad bar is a
good one especially the Champions. Just had a rib eye last night. Medium rare
is a little more rare than NOB to let you know in my experience.

Z

Z - I forgot to mention that the lady had the "brandy mushroom sauce", very rich looking.
johninajijic
johninajijic
Share Holder
Share Holder

Posts : 3850
Join date : 2010-10-23
Age : 77
Location : West Ajijic
Humor : Sometimes

Back to top Go down

YVES Restaurant Review Empty Re: YVES Restaurant Review

Post by gringal Sun Jul 22, 2012 11:46 am

Try breakfast with the special omelet. Oh yes.

For lunch, try the taco salad with chicken, beef or shrimp. Choice of honey mustard or thousand island dressing (neither of which are the "traditional" style.

And yes, those filets are outstanding. The Bearnaise sauce isn't too shabby, either. And the "Champions"? Oh well, shrooms in marinade. Good.

gringal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Posts : 11559
Join date : 2010-04-09
Location : Lake Chapala (from CA)
Humor : occasionally

Back to top Go down

YVES Restaurant Review Empty Re: YVES Restaurant Review

Post by johninajijic Sun Jul 22, 2012 11:51 am

gringal wrote:Try breakfast with the special omelet. Oh yes.

For lunch, try the taco salad with chicken, beef or shrimp. Choice of honey mustard or thousand island dressing (neither of which are the "traditional" style.

And yes, those filets are outstanding. The Bearnaise sauce isn't too shabby, either. And the "Champions"? Oh well, shrooms in marinade. Good.

My friend gets the salmon omelet. shrooms, you're too funny. I never tried them back in the days. Weed yes but not shrooms.
johninajijic
johninajijic
Share Holder
Share Holder

Posts : 3850
Join date : 2010-10-23
Age : 77
Location : West Ajijic
Humor : Sometimes

Back to top Go down

YVES Restaurant Review Empty Re: YVES Restaurant Review

Post by viajero Sun Jul 22, 2012 12:33 pm

johninajijic wrote:
gringal wrote:Try breakfast with the special omelet. Oh yes.

For lunch, try the taco salad with chicken, beef or shrimp. Choice of honey mustard or thousand island dressing (neither of which are the "traditional" style.

And yes, those filets are outstanding. The Bearnaise sauce isn't too shabby, either. And the "Champions"? Oh well, shrooms in marinade. Good.

My friend gets the salmon omelet. shrooms, you're too funny. I never tried them back in the days. Weed yes but not shrooms.
Hey John it's never too late and they're in season right now,free for the picking.

viajero
Share Holder
Share Holder

Posts : 5755
Join date : 2011-07-26
Location : San Pedro de los Saguaros
Humor : Twain

Back to top Go down

YVES Restaurant Review Empty Re: YVES Restaurant Review

Post by Zedinmexico Sun Jul 22, 2012 1:00 pm

viajero wrote:
johninajijic wrote:
gringal wrote:Try breakfast with the special omelet. Oh yes.

For lunch, try the taco salad with chicken, beef or shrimp. Choice of honey mustard or thousand island dressing (neither of which are the "traditional" style.

And yes, those filets are outstanding. The Bearnaise sauce isn't too shabby, either. And the "Champions"? Oh well, shrooms in marinade. Good.

My friend gets the salmon omelet. shrooms, you're too funny. I never tried them back in the days. Weed yes but not shrooms.
Hey John it's never too late and they're in season right now,free for the picking.



Uhhhhh are you sure we want John on shrooms????? LOL :-)

Oh Wow look at the plaid sky over there.

Z

Zedinmexico
Share Holder
Share Holder

Posts : 5557
Join date : 2011-10-28
Location : On the hill in Ajijic
Humor : Red Dwarf, Marx Brothers, SCTV

Back to top Go down

YVES Restaurant Review Empty Re: YVES Restaurant Review

Post by viajero Sun Jul 22, 2012 1:22 pm

Zedinmexico wrote:



Uhhhhh are you sure we want John on shrooms????? LOL :-)



Z
Couldn't hurt.

viajero
Share Holder
Share Holder

Posts : 5755
Join date : 2011-07-26
Location : San Pedro de los Saguaros
Humor : Twain

Back to top Go down

YVES Restaurant Review Empty Re: YVES Restaurant Review

Post by johninajijic Sun Jul 22, 2012 5:50 pm

You guys are too funny!!! ROTFLMFAO
johninajijic
johninajijic
Share Holder
Share Holder

Posts : 3850
Join date : 2010-10-23
Age : 77
Location : West Ajijic
Humor : Sometimes

Back to top Go down

YVES Restaurant Review Empty Re: YVES Restaurant Review

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum