INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The cops maybe good for something

+4
Guiness
johninajijic
borderreiver
papa chango
8 posters

Go down

The cops maybe good for something Empty The cops maybe good for something

Post by papa chango Fri Aug 03, 2012 10:35 pm

Tonight some friends of mine and I went down to the plaza in Ajijic to get a drink or two at the cantinas there. Shortly after we parked near the taxi stand we realized that the keys were locked in the truck. We went ahead and had a few tequilas and enjoyed ourselves. When we were ready to leave my friend went over to the police station and told them about our predicament. Shortly thereafter two police in a pickup arrived at the police station and came over to help. They didn't have a slim jim but they had a wire and after about 45 minutes of work my friend actually got the wire to unlock the door. We tried to give the police a tip for their help and at first they refused but then they decided to go ahead and take the 160 pesos.

flag waver
papa chango
papa chango
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : wit and sarcasm Cheech and Chong

http://lakechapalaexpat.blogspot.mx/

Back to top Go down

The cops maybe good for something Empty Re: The cops maybe good for something

Post by borderreiver Sat Aug 04, 2012 12:15 am

So, the parameters are now set. Cost, as per the "papa" guy are currently $p160 to get into your car after a bunch of DYI gringos, no doubt oblitetrated (sic) when they left their respective casas, left the keys inside. You could print this off and offer it to the cops, Apparently, the cops in Ajijic are total sweethearts. Then, after the $p160 Payoff, they were good to go, no doubt drunk. $US 15 , chump change, right ? Let's face it. You seem to have no problem running amok. Did you drive down ? jajaja. Loved ur other post - so set me straight - UR all about hookers and DYI. At the end of the day. who gives a shit .
borderreiver
borderreiver
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : humor is spelt incorrectly

Back to top Go down

Post by johninajijic Sat Aug 04, 2012 12:26 am

Awwww shucks, you're really teasing the guy. He wanted to know about hookers and because he's about 90 y.o can only vaguely remember the last time he got it up. LOL.
johninajijic
johninajijic
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sometimes

Back to top Go down

Post by Guiness Sat Aug 04, 2012 3:58 pm

I for one don't like your tag line on this. I find that most disrespectful. The Chapala police for the most part are doing the best job they can around here. Would you do any better for the small amount of money they earn.
Next time, have your opinion, but do it with respect for the men in uniform that risk their lives to keep your but safer. (notice I use the word "safer".)
Most of your posts seem angry and disrespectful come to think of it.

Guiness
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by hound dog Sat Aug 04, 2012 4:40 pm

Guiness wrote:I for one don't like your tag line on this. I find that most disrespectful....

Well, Papa; here´s a vote for your tag line which I found amusing especially since the cops accepted that "propina" for doing nothing more than supplying a wire to some sots to break into their own vehicle after pretending for a time that they would turn the gratuity down as they should have. The only change I suggest in your thread title is that you separate the word "maybe" so that it reads, "(The cops) may be good for something." such as supplying that wire and then sitting on their hands for 45 minutes while those borrachos broke into the truck according to your post.

By the way, for just a little more than $160 Pesos you could have called a locksmith 24/7 to unlock that truck and he would have done all the work and had you out of there in two minutes after arrival with no tip required or expected. What kind of a cop accepts a tip for performing his/her duties for a citizen in distress? Of course, distress may be an overstatement since the truck owner decided to get looped before solving his problem. Calling a cop while stinking of tequila showed more disrespect for the cops than any tag line and sure enough, the fact that the citizen was pickled and was, upon gaining entry to his truck, planning to drive home, never registered with Chapala´s finest..
hound dog
hound dog
Bad Dawg
Bad Dawg

Back to top Go down

Post by Smartalex Sat Aug 04, 2012 5:16 pm

Hey Papa, it was a good story and brought a smile to my face.
Smartalex
Smartalex
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by hockables Sat Aug 04, 2012 5:17 pm

The Cops wouldn't want to discourage the Whorehouses's best customers...
hockables
hockables
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Aug 06, 2012 10:06 am

borderreiver wrote:So, the parameters are now set. Cost, as per the "papa" guy are currently $p160 to get into your car after a bunch of DYI gringos, no doubt oblitetrated (sic) when they left their respective casas, left the keys inside. You could print this off and offer it to the cops, Apparently, the cops in Ajijic are total sweethearts. Then, after the $p160 Payoff, they were good to go, no doubt drunk. $US 15 , chump change, right ? Let's face it. You seem to have no problem running amok. Did you drive down ? jajaja. Loved ur other post - so set me straight - UR all about hookers and DYI. At the end of the day. who gives a shit .

Well at least the police didn’t ask them for their Visa, and papers for the auto then tell them it will cost $300 American to get it all back like I was told RIGHT AFTER I crossed the border into Mexico.

(For the record i was not drinking, thought you needed to know this.)

Not even here for 4 hours and I was jacked by the local cops, that’s called extorsión in other countries but I guess here it called pay day.

What Ever….

(However; I agree the titile could have read differntly) Over all the people of Mexico are great and very helpful but once in a while you run into people like the cops I did and they sort of piss on the parade.

Back to top Go down

Post by papa chango Mon Aug 06, 2012 11:44 am

In the title to this post I put in "maybe" as an afterthought, a concession to some of the people in Mexico who don't think the cops are good for anything. Which is the majority of Mexican people.

To clarify the story, I want to make it clear that my friends and I were not drunk when we arrived at the plaza and we weren't drunk when we left the plaza. Also we weren't a bunch of drunk gringos. It was myself and 3 of my Mexican friends. The money given to the police was for their help and it wasn't a payoff.

Note to an NOB snobs: A propina or tip is used to recognize good service.

hola flag waver
papa chango
papa chango
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : wit and sarcasm Cheech and Chong

http://lakechapalaexpat.blogspot.mx/

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Aug 06, 2012 12:18 pm

papa chango wrote:In the title to this post I put in "maybe" as an afterthought, a concession to some of the people in Mexico who don't think the cops are good for anything. Which is the majority of Mexican people.

To clarify the story, I want to make it clear that my friends and I were not drunk when we arrived at the plaza and we weren't drunk when we left the plaza. Also we weren't a bunch of drunk gringos. It was myself and 3 of my Mexican friends. The money given to the police was for their help and it wasn't a payoff.

Note to an NOB snobs: A propina or tip is used to recognize good service.

hola flag waver

You know Papa I never thought you were and I bet no one else had either. I feel that the one man was a bit mean spirited but every party needs a pooper and I guess for this thread he’s our party pooper.

Even though I was hit up for $300 American (Well demanded) on my trip down I had Wonderful help from all of the locals when I got lost in two differ cities for four hours. I will not allow two cops to make me feel all of the Mexican people are bad.

With that I also know not all the police here are bad, I met two great cops in Guad yesterday while walking my dog.

Back to top Go down

Post by viajero Mon Aug 06, 2012 1:27 pm

Me&BearDog wrote:

Even though I was hit up for $300 American (Well demanded) on my trip down
Why did they hit you up for $300 and where?

viajero
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Twain

Back to top Go down

Post by hound dog Mon Aug 06, 2012 1:40 pm

A propina/tip/gratuity for some cops who supplied a wire to help some guys get into their truck. Cops, teachers, ministers and football coaches all have power over those to whose aid they respond or teach or minister to or coach and, thus, have a special obligation, if they are honorable, to refuse tips for expected services rendered. in the course of fulfilling their duties.

I am reminded of a visit we made to the Toniná ruins in Chiapas just outside of Ocosingo a couple of years ago. The cop in charge of assigning parking spaces did me a big favor by allowing me to enter and park in a designated no parking area near the ruins as I had hurt my ankle and could not walk far at the time. When we exited, I tried to tip her something like $50 Pesos and she refused, admonishing me that a gratuity to a cop was inappropriate. I could tell that I had embarrassed her and even insulted her by proffering cash for her kindness. There are, indeed, good cops out there in Mexico - these Chapala clowns were not among them.
hound dog
hound dog
Bad Dawg
Bad Dawg

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down