INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Trip report to USA and back

4 posters

Go down

Trip report to USA and back Empty Trip report to USA and back

Post by Intercasa Mon Sep 17, 2012 9:36 pm

In case anybody cares or wants to know....

Flew out of GDL and entered the good old USA at Dallas, long lines for immigration, flew American and they arrived late (my booking showed 70% on time record and I am now part off the adverse statistic). Dallas has a nice airport but they really lack when arriving internationally as there were perhaps 3 agents servicing the US citizen line and we queued up wrapping around many times and the foreigners didn't have it any easier. Almost missed my flight to Des Moines.

Good old Iowa, wow, haven't been there in 18 years. People at Walmart are something out of the funny web sites and it took so much restraint to not take pictures of them. I felt like the only one with no tattoes, not dippin and without an article of clothing that was camo. West Des Moines is sort of normal, but when you go where I went, to Knoxville, well it is a small town. Did spend some time at the National Sprint Car Hall of Fame as well as saw lots of antique farm stuff on the farms.

It was nice to go shooting although my shoulder is a nice dark purple as I haven't shot shotguns that much in a while, also was fun to sit in a chair in front of the house and just shoot for hours.

Cool to be able to target practice and shoot guns you could never shoot here. Everybody drives a new pickup truck and is armed but are not narcos, something different from here, at first I saw a new truck driving at night and thought twice!

Trip report to USA and back 260115_10152139683780204_74173471_n

The flight back from Dallas that arrives at 4.30pm or so is great as there are no other flights so customs and immigration was very fast, the opposite of leaving Mexico.

I bought a souvenir T sgirt from a gas station, called Kum and Go, I guess us visitors think it is funny but to Iowans it is normal. Trip report to USA and back Photo.php?fbid=10152139683780204&set=a.10152132774130204.916425
Intercasa
Intercasa
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Barbed wit

Back to top Go down

Trip report to USA and back Empty Re: Trip report to USA and back

Post by bimini6 Tue Sep 18, 2012 8:53 am

Great report on your trip. I feel like the foreigner when I am in the states.

bimini6
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : always! It is good for the soul

Back to top Go down

Post by viajero Tue Sep 18, 2012 9:04 am

I miss the plinking too.

viajero
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Twain

Back to top Go down

Post by holdrja Tue Sep 18, 2012 9:19 am

Whee Haw! I grew up in Iowa but haven't been back for 40 years. Sounds like it hasn't changed Thumbs down
Thanks for the trip report and photo, Spencer, enjoyed it. BTW - the immigration lines in the Houston airport, have the same problem. Yikes.
holdrja
holdrja
Share Holder
Share Holder

http://rdplakechapala.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down