INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Needing someone to haul sofa set

5 posters

Go down

Needing someone to haul sofa set Empty Needing someone to haul sofa set

Post by Texmexco Fri Sep 21, 2012 2:05 pm

Can anyone recommend someone with a full-size pickup who can haul a large patio set from one Lakeside town to another for a reasonable price? I know of an American retiree who lives alone on about 350 dollars a month TOTAL, and has had someone give her an old sofa set. (She's been living a long time withOUT any furniture except for her bedroom stuff). Obviously on her income she can't afford to pay much to have it delivered, so a reasonable price is a must. The set is pretty large. Any suggestions welcome!

Texmexco
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Needing someone to haul sofa set Empty Re: Needing someone to haul sofa set

Post by Jim W Fri Sep 21, 2012 4:44 pm

Texmexco wrote:Can anyone recommend someone with a full-size pickup who can haul a large patio set from one Lakeside town to another for a reasonable price? I know of an American retiree who lives alone on about 350 dollars a month TOTAL, and has had someone give her an old sofa set. (She's been living a long time withOUT any furniture except for her bedroom stuff). Obviously on her income she can't afford to pay much to have it delivered, so a reasonable price is a must. The set is pretty large. Any suggestions welcome!

Have Pickup, need more info....how far?

Last edited by Jim W on Fri Sep 21, 2012 4:58 pm; edited 2 times in total
Jim W
Jim W
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Whenever I need it!

Back to top Go down

Post by Trailrunner Fri Sep 21, 2012 4:53 pm

Yes, please, where and where are we talking about?

I don't have a pickup but an SUV with a fair amount of room in the back, couldn't take the sofa but maybe patio chairs or LR chair.

If I can be of help I would be happy to. No charge, not for gas or anything. Given it's a reasonable request. . .
Trailrunner
Trailrunner
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Texmexco Fri Sep 21, 2012 5:55 pm

It is hauling from West Ajijic to downtown Ixtlahuacan. It is large, so would not fit into an SUV, but I sure appreciate the offer of help, Trailrunner. Thanks for the inquiry, Jim W.

Interesting that I put this here AND on TOB and have not received any responses there, but TWO speedy ones here.

Texmexco
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Trailrunner Fri Sep 21, 2012 6:12 pm

That's because this is where the REAL people are.
Trailrunner
Trailrunner
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Jim W Fri Sep 21, 2012 6:49 pm

Texmexco wrote:It is hauling from West Ajijic to downtown Ixtlahuacan. It is large, so would not fit into an SUV, but I sure appreciate the offer of help, Trailrunner. Thanks for the inquiry, Jim W.

Interesting that I put this here AND on TOB and have not received any responses there, but TWO speedy ones here.

I have tie downs, probably take 2 trips, still want cervasa....LOL....no gas, maybe trailrunner can help load? I will be delivering Xmas goods to Love in action tomorrow...Sunday morning works? Call me @ 765-3072
Jim W
Jim W
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Texmexco Fri Sep 21, 2012 11:21 pm

Will be in touch with you, Jim W. PLENTY of cerveza coming your way, and plenty of people to join in enjoying it. What kind?? Looking forward to meeting you. Thank you SO much!!!

Texmexco
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Jim W Sat Sep 22, 2012 8:17 am

Texmexco wrote:Will be in touch with you, Jim W. PLENTY of cerveza coming your way, and plenty of people to join in enjoying it. What kind?? Looking forward to meeting you. Thank you SO much!!!

Texmexco, COLD is always good.....LOL......Anytime Monday or Tuesday works for me.....let me know,

Jim W
Jim W
Jim W
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by RoofBob Sat Sep 22, 2012 9:27 am

Texmexco, what else might she want or need? It seems everyone has extra stuff and are happy to help so how about listing some specifics.
*Gold stars to Jim W and Trailrunner for their never ending efforts and generosity! flag waver
RoofBob
RoofBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Needing someone to haul sofa set Empty What great people here!!

Post by Texmexco Sat Sep 22, 2012 3:55 pm

NO DOUBT, RoofBob! Jim W and Trailrunner (and this site) are the BEST! In fact, we were talking last night about how we have just GOTTA meet these people. Not about to pass up a chance to meet a couple of guys as generous of spirit and kind-hearted as THAT!! And there's always ice cold beer at our house.

Jim W, actually Monday or Tuesday (or any day the upcoming week) would be GREAT. We might need you also, Trailrunner, as the set IS very bulky. We might be able to get the coffee table in our car, a chair in Trailrunner's, and other chair & sofa in Jim's vehicle. We will phone you, Jim W, probably tonight or if not, then tomorrow.

THANK you guys SO MUCH. Can't wait to meet you!

Texmexco
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Jim W Sat Sep 22, 2012 4:36 pm

Texmexco wrote:NO DOUBT, RoofBob! Jim W and Trailrunner (and this site) are the BEST! In fact, we were talking last night about how we have just GOTTA meet these people. Not about to pass up a chance to meet a couple of guys as generous of spirit and kind-hearted as THAT!! And there's always ice cold beer at our house.

Jim W, actually Monday or Tuesday (or any day the upcoming week) would be GREAT. We might need you also, Trailrunner, as the set IS very bulky. We might be able to get the coffee table in our car, a chair in Trailrunner's, and other chair & sofa in Jim's vehicle. We will phone you, Jim W, probably tonight or if not, then tomorrow.

THANK you guys SO MUCH. Can't wait to meet you!

Looking forward to it, Amigo. Beer Beer
Jim W
Jim W
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Trailrunner Sat Sep 22, 2012 8:16 pm

Sending you PM.
Trailrunner
Trailrunner
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Otter Latté Sat Sep 22, 2012 8:32 pm

After reading this thread, all I can say is I love you guys. You are the best--all of you!

I second Roofbob´s suggestion. Make up a list of what she needs and see what we all can come up with.
Lady Otter Latté
Lady Otter Latté
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Biting

Back to top Go down

Post by Texmexco Sun Sep 23, 2012 1:44 pm

What a gracious suggestion, Lady Otter Latté, This person is my older sister. She is disabled, has advanced MS and lives alone. Sometimes she can walk, sometimes she can't. We try to help her as much as we can, but we have a big family down here, and our resources are spread pretty thin.

After reading your kind post, I phoned my sister and asked if there was anything else she really needed. She said just possibly a small table with a chair or two where she could eat. As I said, she lives on about $350 dollars a month. You can imagine how tough it was for her to make it on that little in the states! Fortunately, she is a survivor with a lot of ingenuity, and she loves it here.

She lived many years with the Huichol indians, is a certified nutritionist and naturopath, and fully bilingual. Very smart lady, but somewhat isolated and lonely. (We are not retired, and we tend to get distracted by the heavy workload required to support us by earning pesitos.) If anyone of your readers should be in need of her services, please let us know. I know she would love to help them. In other words, her mind is sharp, it is her body that can't keep up with it.

Thank you ALL for your incredible kindness and generosity. So often we tend to forget that not all foreigners down here have a savings account cushion and nice monthly check. The folks on this board seem to realize that. Sending much gratitude your way! Again, you are the BEST!!

Texmexco
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Texmexco Sun Sep 23, 2012 2:44 pm

Jim W -- I sent you an email with a PHOTO of the sofa set. It is awfully big and heavy!!

Texmexco
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Jim W Sun Sep 23, 2012 3:27 pm

Them r sum big logs Texmexco.....Lol. What is the length? How many do we have providing muscle? Beer Do we have stairs to deal with @ delivery point? Call me....home now.
Jim W
Jim W
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Texmexco Sun Sep 23, 2012 3:35 pm

Oooh! A bit of good news! Just learned that the sofa set is not at all heavy, just big and bulky.

Texmexco
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Needing someone to haul sofa set Empty Loaded for BEER!

Post by Texmexco Sun Sep 23, 2012 6:37 pm

Jim W wrote:Them r sum big logs Texmexco.....Lol. What is the length? How many do we have providing muscle? Beer Do we have stairs to deal with @ delivery point? Call me....home now.

Don't know how much you learned with the phone call. The set is made of bamboo, very light in weight, and I hear that the cushions weigh more than the frames. We will have 3 beer drinking men, ages about 23, 45 and 62 to help. AND they are bringing a cooler stocked with iced BEER!! No stairs involved except maybe a couple. The furniture is in a fraccionamiento just west house of Ajijic, to be taken to central Ixtlahuacan.

Texmexco
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Jim W Sun Sep 23, 2012 7:57 pm

Texmexco wrote:
Jim W wrote:Them r sum big logs Texmexco.....Lol. What is the length? How many do we have providing muscle? Beer Do we have stairs to deal with @ delivery point? Call me....home now.

Don't know how much you learned with the phone call. The set is made of bamboo, very light in weight, and I hear that the cushions weigh more than the frames. We will have 3 beer drinking men, ages about 23, 45 and 62 to help. AND they are bringing a cooler stocked with iced BEER!! No stairs involved except maybe a couple. The furniture is in a fraccionamiento just west house of Ajijic, to be taken to central Ixtlahuacan.

Texmexco, All is good, we are set for 10:00 AM, Tuesday morning. Happy to hear it is light weight.....from the photo, it looked like Paul Bunyun furniture, LOL. Sounds like a piece of cake, Beer Beer .....3 young guys and me!
Jim W
Jim W
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Texmexco Sun Sep 23, 2012 8:50 pm

Jim W wrote:
Texmexco wrote:

Texmexco, All is good, we are set for 10:00 AM, Tuesday morning. Happy to hear it is light weight.....from the photo, it looked like Paul Bunyun furniture, LOL. Sounds like a piece of cake, Beer Beer .....3 young guys and me!

Oooh. The old fart hubby will LOVE being called a young guy! But gee, think I lost track of time. I was wrong; he'll be 64 in a few months. He's still young tho!

Texmexco
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Jim W Tue Sep 25, 2012 8:21 pm

Job DONE....enjoyed meeting good people! Got it all in one trip! Hope to see you again! Beer
Jim W
Jim W
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Otter Latté Tue Sep 25, 2012 8:24 pm

Congratulations and way to go guys! Bravo to you all!
Lady Otter Latté
Lady Otter Latté
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Biting

Back to top Go down

Needing someone to haul sofa set Empty THANK YOU, JIM W

Post by Texmexco Tue Sep 25, 2012 8:33 pm

Jim W wrote:Job DONE....enjoyed meeting good people! Got it all in one trip! Hope to see you again! Beer

I can't thank you enough, Jim W. It isn't often that someone offers to help a complete stranger. It was SO good getting to meet you. Lakeside is fortunate to have people like YOU living here!

Texmexco
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down