INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Drive times to coast if anyone is interested

+4
johninajijic
David
E-raq
seisdedos
8 posters

Go down

Drive times to coast if anyone is interested Empty Drive times to coast if anyone is interested

Post by seisdedos Wed Oct 17, 2012 5:48 pm

I drove from the Providencia area of Guadalajara to Barra de Navidad this morning via the toll road through Colima, a drive I make frequently. I got a late start and left the house at 9:15 and arrived in Barra at 12:47. I made the last toll both at Cuyutlán at 11:42 (2 hrs 27 minutes) and the Manzanillo by pass at 12:04.

There were no delays for construction and highway traffic was light with few big rigs.
seisdedos
seisdedos
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Drive times to coast if anyone is interested Empty Re: Drive times to coast if anyone is interested

Post by E-raq Wed Oct 17, 2012 6:08 pm

Thanks for the update, we'll be heading back to the beach sometime soon, well after it cools down a bit. We missed the drive from Manzanillo up the coast last visit.
E-raq
E-raq
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Drive times to coast if anyone is interested Empty Re: Drive times to coast if anyone is interested

Post by David Wed Oct 17, 2012 6:09 pm

Gracias! We're heading to Barra next week. I was thinking it would take more like 4 hours.
David
David
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Good

Back to top Go down

Post by johninajijic Wed Oct 17, 2012 6:51 pm

seisdedos wrote:I drove from the Providencia area of Guadalajara to Barra de Navidad this morning via the toll road through Colima, a drive I make frequently. I got a late start and left the house at 9:15 and arrived in Barra at 12:47. I made the last toll both at Cuyutlán at 11:42 (2 hrs 27 minutes) and the Manzanillo by pass at 12:04.

There were no delays for construction and highway traffic was light with few big rigs.

How fast were you driving most of the way?
johninajijic
johninajijic
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sometimes

Back to top Go down

Post by Trailrunner Wed Oct 17, 2012 6:52 pm

Seis, what kind of car do you drive?
Trailrunner
Trailrunner
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by seisdedos Wed Oct 17, 2012 7:18 pm

Today I drove my wifes SUV. My personal ride is a Toyota Tacoma.
seisdedos
seisdedos
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Rosa Venus Wed Oct 17, 2012 8:02 pm

seisdedos wrote:

Is the construction "done" between the climb out of the Sayula flats and Colima City, or did you just get lucky? (I know that terminology is bad....but when I drove it late last winter it was a slog.)

Thanks for the info!
Rosa Venus
Rosa Venus
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : The funny kind

Back to top Go down

Post by hound dog Wed Oct 17, 2012 8:05 pm

So, Seisdedos, my, at one time hero, has taken to disclosing drive times fom Guadalajara to Barra de Navidad. A pedestrian drive for old fart U.S. midwesterners and Canadian Tim Horton cinnamon roll ingesting morons . A destination unworthy of even the lowliest beach freak. How embarassing. Dawg no longer has anyone to even look up to now that Seis has sold out to Frozen Tundra Maple Syrup goobers.
hound dog
hound dog
Bad Dawg
Bad Dawg

Back to top Go down

Post by seisdedos Wed Oct 17, 2012 8:30 pm

Rosa Venus wrote:
seisdedos wrote:

Is the construction "done" between the climb out of the Sayula flats and Colima City, or did you just get lucky? (I know that terminology is bad....but when I drove it late last winter it was a slog.)

Thanks for the info!

It is 4 lane from Guadalajara through Ciudad Guzman and nearly to the decline into the barranca of Atenquique. There is another 10km stretch that is finished where the current 4 lane ends but not yet opened for traffic. No real construction going on. Road beds are finished. A few very small areas where guard rails were still being erected. Just past the toll both at San Marcos they are busy building 2 new lanes but no major traffic interruptions.
seisdedos
seisdedos
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by seisdedos Wed Oct 17, 2012 8:41 pm

hound dog wrote:So, Seisdedos, my, at one time hero, has taken to disclosing drive times fom Guadalajara to Barra de Navidad. A pedestrian drive for old fart U.S. midwesterners and Canadian Tim Horton cinnamon roll ingesting morons . A destination unworthy of even the lowliest beach freak. How embarassing. Dawg no longer has anyone to even look up to now that Seis has sold out to Frozen Tundra Maple Syrup goobers.

This was a theme touched on recently and thought some people might find it helpful. And also to show how full of shit johnnyajijic is.

Not really any different than your driving instructions to Chiapas except mine lacks your tedious and tiresome personal anecdotes which you find so interesting but everyone else just skims over looking for a tidbit of useful information that more than likely doesn't exist.

seisdedos
seisdedos
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by viajero Wed Oct 17, 2012 9:06 pm

seisdedos wrote:

Not really any different than your driving instructions to Chiapas except mine lacks your tedious and tiresome personal anecdotes which you find so interesting but everyone else just skims over looking for a tidbit of useful information that more than likely doesn't exist.

The only problem I have with hound dog's driving instructions is that they usually require a detour through Alabama.

viajero
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Twain

Back to top Go down

Post by seisdedos Wed Oct 17, 2012 9:31 pm

viajero wrote:
seisdedos wrote:

The only problem I have with hound dog's driving instructions is that they usually require a detour through Alabama.

And France and Africa and India and San Francisco and L.A. and Oakland.................
seisdedos
seisdedos
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Rosa Venus Wed Oct 17, 2012 10:44 pm

Thanks for the highway update, seisdedos, and for the laugh as well.
Rosa Venus
Rosa Venus
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by johninajijic Wed Oct 17, 2012 10:50 pm

seisdedos wrote:
hound dog wrote:So, Seisdedos, my, at one time hero, has taken to disclosing drive times fom Guadalajara to Barra de Navidad. A pedestrian drive for old fart U.S. midwesterners and Canadian Tim Horton cinnamon roll ingesting morons . A destination unworthy of even the lowliest beach freak. How embarassing. Dawg no longer has anyone to even look up to now that Seis has sold out to Frozen Tundra Maple Syrup goobers.

This was a theme touched on recently and thought some people might find it helpful. And also to show how full of shit johnnyajijic is.

Why the remark? I never mentioned driving times to Barra as I have never been there. You must have been driving 100 mph or Barra is closer than Manzanillo.

I did say that it takes 5.5 hours to Manzanillo on our tour bus from Ajijic, but I'm sure I could have made better time since bus drivers cannot drive.
johninajijic
johninajijic
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Rosa Venus Wed Oct 17, 2012 11:04 pm

johninajijic wrote:
Why the remark? I never mentioned driving times to Barra as I have never been there.

Why the reply?

Why participate at all in this thread?

Some of us might be interested in knowing how long it takes to drive there under current conditions, which you admit you have never done. Recently or ever.
Rosa Venus
Rosa Venus
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by seisdedos Wed Oct 17, 2012 11:19 pm

johninajijic wrote:

Why the remark? I never mentioned driving times to Barra as I have never been there. You must have been driving 100 mph or Barra is closer than Manzanillo.

I did say that it takes 5.5 hours to Manzanillo on our tour bus from Ajijic, but I'm sure I could have made better time since bus drivers cannot drive.

Nah, dude. You didn't say that. You said this:

johninajijic wrote: E Raq - I guess you've never been to Manzanillo although you said you've been to Karmina Palace. What great roads? A two lane road most of the way, then you get into the curvy mountains. A 5 1/2 hour drive NOT 3.5 hours and there's always construction.

Like Manzanillo. The town is a slum, at least the part we drove thru.

There is NO WAY you can drive to Manzanillo from Ajijic in 3 hours, maybe 4.5 at best.

seisdedos
seisdedos
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by johninajijic Thu Oct 18, 2012 12:13 am

Rosa Venus wrote:
johninajijic wrote:
Why the remark? I never mentioned driving times to Barra as I have never been there.

Why the reply?

Why participate at all in this thread?

Some of us might be interested in knowing how long it takes to drive there under current conditions, which you admit you have never done. Recently or ever.

Before you make a sarcastic remark that has nothing to do with you, read seisdedos post above!
johninajijic
johninajijic
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by johninajijic Thu Oct 18, 2012 12:16 am

seisdedos - And what does your quoted post have to do with driving to Barra? I was talking about Manzanillo, not Barra. I don't know which is further from GDL or Ajijic.
johninajijic
johninajijic
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by seisdedos Thu Oct 18, 2012 6:58 am

How can you even function? I mentioned drive times to three different locations. Cuyutlán, Manzanillo and Barra de Navidad.

seisdedos
seisdedos
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down