INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Has Anyone eaten at Simply Thai recently?

+16
brercottage385
brigitte
gringal
Parker
little italy
ComputerGuy
slainte39
Ms Mac
viajero
Rosa Venus
hound dog
E-raq
Jim W
CheenaGringo
hockables
joec
20 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Has Anyone eaten at Simply Thai recently? - Page 3 Empty Re: Has Anyone eaten at Simply Thai recently?

Post by gringal Fri Feb 01, 2013 5:23 pm

I agree on the new prices at Panino's. They must know what they're doing, though, since they've succeeded in surviving.
And, if Aunt Martha from Cincinnati is visiting, you can't go wrong there.

I agree on the 40 pesos lunches, but up that to 50 and you've got a wide array of choices. Even Tabarka has the cheep lunch special, and Azul Frida's prices are way reasonable. Had a very good 50 peso lunch special at Armando's today:pork stuffed burrito. Hot Rod Burrito upstairs in the El Torito center has huge and delicious burritos, but the atmosphere is ....basic.

gringal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Has Anyone eaten at Simply Thai recently? - Page 3 Empty Re: Has Anyone eaten at Simply Thai recently?

Post by hockables Fri Feb 01, 2013 5:31 pm

gringal wrote: Where did anyone say Kinna was adding cilantro? Am I alone in finding this post confusing?

There are two schools on Cilantro...
Ya either think it tastes as good as Angel Food.... or ya think it tastes like Shit...
I happen to be of the latter...
My last visit... as I said... I scraped an alarming amount of Cilantro to the side of the plate...
and I won't do it again!!

Last edited by hockables on Fri Feb 01, 2013 5:42 pm; edited 3 times in total (Reason for editing : no glasses OvO)
hockables
hockables
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by ComputerGuy Fri Feb 01, 2013 5:38 pm

gringal wrote:I agree on the new prices at Panino's. They must know what they're doing, though, since they've succeeded in surviving.
And, if Aunt Martha from Cincinnati is visiting, you can't go wrong there.

I agree on the 40 pesos lunches, but up that to 50 and you've got a wide array of choices. Even Tabarka has the cheep lunch special, and Azul Frida's prices are way reasonable. Had a very good 50 peso lunch special at Armando's today:pork stuffed burrito. Hot Rod Burrito upstairs in the El Torito center has huge and delicious burritos, but the atmosphere is ....basic.

Well, I am for 40, but I'll take cheaper and I'll take higher. Unfortunately prices around here have gone up faster than in the rest of the world, so a 50 peso lunch at a place that caters to us's ain't too shabby. I do note that there's a guy selling tacos out the back of his car beside Mailboxes, for 7 pesos. Now that's a good price today.

BTW, d'you see the sign at SugarDaddy? "Restaurant for Sale"> I know she moved over to Number 4, but I understood she would still own it. Plans change fast.
ComputerGuy
ComputerGuy
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by gringal Fri Feb 01, 2013 5:48 pm

Gheeez......another "gone in sixty seconds"? The parking there is the pitts, though. Getting in is okay, but backing out into traffic there is something else.

Now about those 7 peso tacos: Is there a shrinking street dog population in the area? Rolling Eyes

gringal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : occasionally

Back to top Go down

Post by DonPito Fri Feb 01, 2013 7:05 pm

gringal wrote: Where did anyone say Kinna was adding cilantro? Am I alone in finding this post confusing?

Read the second post in this thread by Hocks about cilantro at the restaurant.
------------
viajero, mi nombre es mi broma personal en cuanto a algunos de los actores aqui como Juanito/Joseito. Yo puedo ser un pito màs importante. ¿Entonces Don, eh? Very Happy

Y yo se, estoy muy mal con mis escritos en español, pero poco a poco ganando comprensión.

DonPito
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Carry Bean Fri Feb 01, 2013 7:33 pm

Another off-topic post about cheaper lunches & John will have a hissy fit but the 55 peso lunch special at Tango (I pick the arrachera sandwich w/fries & salad) is one of the best deals around. Always good in my experience.

Carry Bean
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by manymoonsago Fri Feb 01, 2013 8:46 pm

Rolling Eyes Other names for cilantro are "chinese parsley" and "pak chee." Cilantro is a common component of Thai curries. scratch
manymoonsago
manymoonsago
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Ironic; Over the Edge

Back to top Go down

Post by hockables Fri Feb 01, 2013 10:22 pm

manymoonsago wrote: Rolling Eyes Other names for cilantro are "chinese parsley" and "pak chee." Cilantro is a common component of Thai curries. scratch

So is Salt... and if you don't know how to use it when cooking... it's a disaster
Whatever... you like it... you eat it
hockables
hockables
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by slainte39 Fri Feb 01, 2013 11:39 pm

viajero wrote:What I find confusing is Don Pito's monniker,one can only hope he doesn't refer to himself that way amongst the many albureros here in Jalisco,lol.

Yeah, I was thinking...with an apodo like that...you are insulated from insults. LOL
maybe not from the albureros, but they are over my head any way.

slainte39
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3