INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I GOT MY NEW MEXICAN LICENSE TODAY - DETAILS

+13
Parker
jrm30655
ferret
gringal
tictoc
Zedinmexico
Lady Otter Latté
Rosa Venus
hound dog
E-raq
viajero
CheenaGringo
joec
17 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

I GOT MY NEW MEXICAN LICENSE TODAY - DETAILS - Page 2 Empty Re: I GOT MY NEW MEXICAN LICENSE TODAY - DETAILS

Post by Lady Otter Latté Wed Dec 19, 2012 1:33 pm

Thank you for the added input, Dawg.
Now, in ending, I will quote myself:
"I think that it is not always so much the information and opinions we share on this forum that end up being negative and even hurtful, but the way in which we express them."

Lady Otter Latté
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

I GOT MY NEW MEXICAN LICENSE TODAY - DETAILS - Page 2 Empty Re: I GOT MY NEW MEXICAN LICENSE TODAY - DETAILS

Post by ferret Wed Dec 19, 2012 1:39 pm

Unless things have changed very recently, our experience is the same as Dawg's. We both held current Ontario Drivers Licenses when we applied for our Mexican Drivers Licenses in San Miguel...we didn't take a test and we didn't take a driving test...we did have our eyes checked and we did have to provide our Blood Group. That was it. And the same deal happened for EVERY renewal...our last renewal was two years ago.

ferret
ferret
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by jrm30655 Wed Dec 19, 2012 1:56 pm

I have a Jalisco license and I found it to be less trouble than getting one in NEW Mexico.

In NEW Mexico, I went with a passport and they wanted a birth certificate. Got one and they wanted it notorized or stamped or something. Had to get another one.

It took 3 trips and cost about $40. When I finally got it all together, it took all afternoon waiting.

NEW Mexico will give licenses to illegals. If I ever do it again, I'm going to claim to be illegal. Gotta be simpler.

jrm30655
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Parker Wed Dec 19, 2012 2:03 pm

Lady Otter Latté wrote:Thank you for the added input, Dawg.
"I think that it is not always so much the information and opinions we share on this forum that end up being negative and even hurtful, but the way in which we express them."

Or if how we read them, either with a “Kind heart or a mean spirit”.

Parker
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : WDWA none

Back to top Go down

Post by CheenaGringo Wed Dec 19, 2012 2:13 pm

Sorry jrm but have to call BS from our experience! We both walked into MVD Express with valid Oregon licenses (no birth certificate) and were out in less than 20 minutes. Since you chose to drag in the illegals receiving license issue, could your politics have encouraged you to make it sound more difficult than it really is?

CheenaGringo
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Otter Latté Wed Dec 19, 2012 2:17 pm

However, Parker, it is pretty difficult to read "You are an idiot!" with a kind heart and blow kisses back. We CAN, of course, it is just difficult. Also, we are not responsible for other´s spirits and hearts, but we are responsible for our own.
Lady Otter Latté
Lady Otter Latté
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Biting

Back to top Go down

Post by viajero Wed Dec 19, 2012 2:33 pm

jrm30655 wrote:

NEW Mexico will give licenses to illegals.
Makes sense to me,they're there and they're going to drive,might as well get them licensed and insured,from a practical standpoint that is.

viajero
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Twain

Back to top Go down

Post by Parker Wed Dec 19, 2012 2:34 pm

Lady Otter Latté wrote:However, Parker, it is pretty difficult to read "You are an idiot!" with a kind heart and blow kisses back. We CAN, of course, it is just difficult. Also, we are not responsible for other´s spirits and hearts, but we are responsible for our own.

If you read with a “Kind Heart” you will read a message as though this person is a friend and look for the best, if you read with a “Mean spirit” you’ll look for the worse. Give it a try, generally works.

Parker
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by joec Wed Dec 19, 2012 2:49 pm

FYI - I did not have a current Massachusetts license. It expired on my birthday this year, which I was not aware of until a few months later as I ws looking thru my wallet. They didn't ask me about a US license. If I had a current Mass license, I would not have bothered to get a Mexican license. Makes no sense and there's no advantage to it.

joec
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sometimes

Back to top Go down

Post by viajero Wed Dec 19, 2012 2:51 pm

I think it's great that John was able to pass the parallel parking part of the test,it sounds like the examiners are making it hard by placing the cones so close together,fishing for bribes.
What I don't understand is why someone who has lived in Mexico for eleven years hasn't made the effort to learn even the most basic Spanish so as not to need a translator for such routine matters,and why would anyone pay a lawyer to get their CURP number.

viajero
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Twain

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Otter Latté Wed Dec 19, 2012 3:09 pm

"If you read with a “Kind Heart” you will read a message as though this person is a friend and look for the best, if you read with a “Mean spirit” you’ll look for the worse. Give it a try, generally works." -- Parker

Parker, while that general philosophy works when there is ambiguity in a statement, we were discussing here the person who calls another an idiot. I would say you need to find yourself a better class of friends. I do not now nor ever have had a friend who would call me an idiot. I respect my friends and they respect me.

Sometimes, Sweetie, your Saint of the Web Board act veers off track and makes you sound not spiritually evolved as you intend but more like a simpering, sanctimonious twit. I am sure you will read that with a kind heart as though I am a friend of yours.
Lady Otter Latté
Lady Otter Latté
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by hound dog Wed Dec 19, 2012 3:13 pm

joec wrote:FYI - I did not have a current Massachusetts license. It expired on my birthday this year, which I was not aware of until a few months later as I ws looking thru my wallet. They didn't ask me about a US license. If I had a current Mass license, I would not have bothered to get a Mexican license. Makes no sense and there's no advantage to it.

It makes no sense to be driving around Mexico with an expired license no matter where issued. John is now acting irrationally. You newbies listen and listen closely. If you drive in Mexico with an expired license and show an expired license to a cop , they take this very seriously and if you are involved in an accident whether your fault or not you could end up in prison indefinitely with no rights to call anybody for help if they are pissed off. You MUST be licensed to drive and have liability insurance and legal representation in the policy or they will throw your ass in jail and you can rot there as far as they are concerned. If you inadvertently kill someone as in, say, running over a child darting out between cars in a crowded village neighborhood even though you are driving slowly and conservatively, you may never see sunlight again for the rest of your life as you rot in one of their dungeons forever. Do not take advice from someone who lets his driver´s license expire or fails to have full total insurance in Mexico (especially legal representation) - EVER. This fellow is misleading you terribly.
hound dog
hound dog
Bad Dawg
Bad Dawg

Back to top Go down

Post by Parker Wed Dec 19, 2012 3:31 pm

Lady Otter Latté wrote:"If you read with a “Kind Heart” you will read a message as though this person is a friend and look for the best, if you read with a “Mean spirit” you’ll look for the worse. Give it a try, generally works." -- Parker

Parker, while that general philosophy works when there is ambiguity in a statement, we were discussing here the person who calls another an idiot. I would say you need to find yourself a better class of friends. I do not now nor ever have had a friend who would call me an idiot. I respect my friends and they respect me.

Sometimes, Sweetie, your Saint of the Web Board act veers off track and makes you sound not spiritually evolved as you intend but more like a simpering, sanctimonious twit. I am sure you will read that with a kind heart as though I am a friend of yours.

Of course there is the obvious, that goes without saying but in too many cases people find fault only because they dislike someone and don’t even try to understand the message.

Parker
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by E-raq Wed Dec 19, 2012 3:43 pm

joec wrote:
E-raq wrote:Oh wow.

You can get your CURP number off the internet, which IF you spoke Spanish, the guy at the license place would have told you. Or the guy at IMSS or anywhere else for that matter. 15 minutes and done.

First of all, the people at the License place don't tell everyone what they should know. I met a woman there who was there 5 times just to get her renewal. I don't and never will do business with IMSS. It's for poor Mexicans and most middle class and up Mexicans will not go there. It's fine if you don't mind a resident Doctor operating on you.

John, John, John, FYI some of the best surgeons in the country work at IMSS. Reason, they get a pension. Therefore when I had no choice due to a bank mixup caused by the new manager, I went to the new IMSS in Tlajomulco. I'm pretty damned happy with the results. This was an extremely serious operation BTW. I was damned lucky I didn't lose my leg, and even luckier to still be able to walk. So save yourself the effort of educating the rest of us idiots who do happen to get it. Residents do not operate on you there. The surgeon was one of the top consultants to other angiologists in Mexico. Highly professional, I could not have done better at any of the high priced spreads.

If some woman went there to the license office 5 times for a renewal, what was her problem? We went once, and although it was slow there was no problem whatsoever.
E-raq
E-raq
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by E-raq Wed Dec 19, 2012 3:46 pm

viajero wrote:I think it's great that John was able to pass the parallel parking part of the test,it sounds like the examiners are making it hard by placing the cones so close together,fishing for bribes.
What I don't understand is why someone who has lived in Mexico for eleven years hasn't made the effort to learn even the most basic Spanish so as not to need a translator for such routine matters,and why would anyone pay a lawyer to get their CURP number.

viajero wrote:
why would anyone pay a lawyer to get their CURP number.

That's a hard one to answer Chris. I have no idea. It is free on the internet............
E-raq
E-raq
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Otter Latté Wed Dec 19, 2012 4:27 pm

"Of course there is the obvious, that goes without saying but in too many cases people find fault only because they dislike someone and don’t even try to understand the message." Parker

Of course that is true Parker. Obvious, as you said. But, again Parker, that is not what we were talking about here. We are talking about deliberate name calling and personal attacks. Then, it does not matter what the "underlying" message is. No one should have to submit to someone´s rude and coarse language and then say, "There, there, honey, mommy knows you did not really mean to call her a dumb bitch and that you just were trying to tell her you want a cookie." I didn´t tolerate and reward that behavior when my children were toddlers and I do not tolerate it now.
Lady Otter Latté
Lady Otter Latté
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Parker Wed Dec 19, 2012 6:11 pm

Lady Otter Latté wrote:"Of course there is the obvious, that goes without saying but in too many cases people find fault only because they dislike someone and don’t even try to understand the message." Parker

Of course that is true Parker. Obvious, as you said. But, again Parker, that is not what we were talking about here. We are talking about deliberate name calling and personal attacks. Then, it does not matter what the "underlying" message is. No one should have to submit to someone´s rude and coarse language and then say, "There, there, honey, mommy knows you did not really mean to call her a dumb bitch and that you just were trying to tell her you want a cookie." I didn´t tolerate and reward that behavior when my children were toddlers and I do not tolerate it now.

Yes this is what I thought we were talking about. The general confusion brought on by missing the intent of the message.

Otter wrote; Thank you for the added input, Dawg.

That really doesn’t sound like we’re just speaking about name calling.

BTW, Name calling is really a repressive act. IMHO

Last edited by Parker on Wed Dec 19, 2012 6:31 pm; edited 1 time in total

Parker
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Otter Latté Wed Dec 19, 2012 6:18 pm

Go back as far you want to try and prove your "point." I am no longer talking to Dawg. I am talking to you.
Lady Otter Latté
Lady Otter Latté
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Parker Wed Dec 19, 2012 6:40 pm

Lady Otter Latté wrote:Go back as far you want to try and prove your "point." I am no longer talking to Dawg. I am talking to you.

If you don’t go back to the beginning of this conversation how do you plan to get at the truth? (page 2, about the 10th post down, on this thread.)

Parker
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Otter Latté Wed Dec 19, 2012 6:50 pm

Parker, I just move along the thread like I just have conversations at a party. It ebbs and flows, twists and turns. I do not formulate "plans" to get at the "truth." The whole topic is neither that important nor that interesting.
Lady Otter Latté
Lady Otter Latté
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Mainecoons Wed Dec 19, 2012 6:57 pm

viajero wrote:
jrm30655 wrote:

NEW Mexico will give licenses to illegals.
Makes sense to me,they're there and they're going to drive,might as well get them licensed and insured,from a practical standpoint that is.

Hell, half the citizens in NM don't have insurance and you think the illegals are going to get it? Surte
Mainecoons
Mainecoons
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Mad Magazine

Back to top Go down

Post by Mainecoons Wed Dec 19, 2012 6:58 pm

We are talking about deliberate name calling and personal attacks.

Par for the course here, may as well get used to it.
Mainecoons
Mainecoons
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Mad Magazine

Back to top Go down

Post by gringal Wed Dec 19, 2012 6:58 pm

People often read what they have decided to read into posts, based on their opinion of the poster. No way around that. We can, however, try reading objectively and let the words used speak for themselves.
"You are an idiot" and all the other put down phrases are an attempt to elevate one's own status by demeaning the other. At the same time, it outs the poster as a rude jerk.

gringal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : occasionally

Back to top Go down

Post by Parker Wed Dec 19, 2012 7:02 pm

Lady Otter Latté wrote:Parker, I just move along the thread like I just have conversations at a party. It ebbs and flows, twists and turns. I do not formulate "plans" to get at the "truth." The whole topic is neither that important nor that interesting.

But these are not typical conversations they can take days to complete where as normal conversations happen in a matter of minutes. Because of time in-put this might be important for some to understand.

Parker
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by joec Wed Dec 19, 2012 7:03 pm

hound dog wrote:
joec wrote:FYI - I did not have a current Massachusetts license. It expired on my birthday this year, which I was not aware of until a few months later as I ws looking thru my wallet. They didn't ask me about a US license. If I had a current Mass license, I would not have bothered to get a Mexican license. Makes no sense and there's no advantage to it.

It makes no sense to be driving around Mexico with an expired license no matter where issued. John is now acting irrationally. You newbies listen and listen closely. If you drive in Mexico with an expired license and show an expired license to a cop , they take this very seriously and if you are involved in an accident whether your fault or not you could end up in prison indefinitely with no rights to call anybody for help if they are pissed off. You MUST be licensed to drive and have liability insurance and legal representation in the policy or they will throw your ass in jail and you can rot there as far as they are concerned. If you inadvertently kill someone as in, say, running over a child darting out between cars in a crowded village neighborhood even though you are driving slowly and conservatively, you may never see sunlight again for the rest of your life as you rot in one of their dungeons forever. Do not take advice from someone who lets his driver´s license expire or fails to have full total insurance in Mexico (especially legal representation) - EVER. This fellow is misleading you terribly.

I didn't mislead ANYONE. I DID NOT TELL ANYONE TO DRIVE WITH AN EXPIRED LICENSE. Let's look at Mexicans, how many are driving WITHOUT LICENSES AND INSURANCE. I'll bet half. How many are irresponsible drivers, MOST?

joec
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sometimes

Back to top Go down

Post by CheenaGringo Wed Dec 19, 2012 7:05 pm

Another inaccurate and politically motivated comment by MC! Even our current Republican Governor was forced to admit that insurance compliance rates have increased dramatically since "illegals" were given the right to obtain drivers licenses. One of her campaign promises was to eliminate the illegals license program but the legislature said No Way! Now she and the Republican Party are running ads about not being able to fly using a NM Drivers License and saying people will have to buy Passports.

CheenaGringo
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next