INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I GOT MY NEW MEXICAN LICENSE TODAY - DETAILS

+13
Parker
jrm30655
ferret
gringal
tictoc
Zedinmexico
Lady Otter Latté
Rosa Venus
hound dog
E-raq
viajero
CheenaGringo
joec
17 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

I GOT MY NEW MEXICAN LICENSE TODAY - DETAILS - Page 3 Empty Re: I GOT MY NEW MEXICAN LICENSE TODAY - DETAILS

Post by CheenaGringo Wed Dec 19, 2012 7:05 pm

Another inaccurate and politically motivated comment by MC! Even our current Republican Governor was forced to admit that insurance compliance rates have increased dramatically since "illegals" were given the right to obtain drivers licenses. One of her campaign promises was to eliminate the illegals license program but the legislature said No Way! Now she and the Republican Party are running ads about not being able to fly using a NM Drivers License and saying people will have to buy Passports.

CheenaGringo
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

I GOT MY NEW MEXICAN LICENSE TODAY - DETAILS - Page 3 Empty Re: I GOT MY NEW MEXICAN LICENSE TODAY - DETAILS

Post by Parker Wed Dec 19, 2012 7:06 pm

gringal wrote:People often read what they have decided to read into posts, based on their opinion of the poster. No way around that. We can, however, try reading objectively and let the words used speak for themselves.
"You are an idiot" and all the other put down phrases are an attempt to elevate one's own status by demeaning the other. At the same time, it outs the poster as a rude jerk.

I totally agree, thanks for getting on board!

Parker
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : WDWA none

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Otter Latté Wed Dec 19, 2012 7:16 pm

"But these are not typical conversations they can take days to complete where as normal conversations happen in a matter of minutes. Because of time in-put this might be important for some to understand." Parker

If you honestly believe this is true, you are having delusions of self-importance. This is a local web board. These "conversations" are normal and, for the most part, banal. I have not noticed anyone here struggling to understand the "deep" conversation you seem to think we are having. Everyone else is continuing the part of the conversations they are interested in. Gringal and Mainecoons stated their opinions. They are not struggling to understand.
Lady Otter Latté
Lady Otter Latté
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Biting

Back to top Go down

Post by Mainecoons Wed Dec 19, 2012 7:23 pm

CheenaGringo wrote:Another inaccurate and politically motivated comment by MC! Even our current Republican Governor was forced to admit that insurance compliance rates have increased dramatically since "illegals" were given the right to obtain drivers licenses. One of her campaign promises was to eliminate the illegals license program but the legislature said No Way! Now she and the Republican Party are running ads about not being able to fly using a NM Drivers License and saying people will have to buy Passports.

You really do need to take remedial reading since my comment was about uninsured LEGALS. I lived in NM for 15 years and there were a bunch of them, it was a constant topic of conversation. I didn't even know about the Republican proposal there since I haven't kept up with stuff there since Richardson was governor.

Try and look before you leap next time.

Oh and BTW, uninsured motorists are a big issue in Texas too. razberry
Mainecoons
Mainecoons
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Mad Magazine

Back to top Go down

Post by David Wed Dec 19, 2012 7:29 pm

Uninsured motorists are a big issue EVERYWHERE. So, no big woof.
David
David
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Good

Back to top Go down

Post by viajero Wed Dec 19, 2012 7:31 pm

CheenaGringo wrote:Another inaccurate and politically motivated comment by MC! Even our current Republican Governor was forced to admit that insurance compliance rates have increased dramatically since "illegals" were given the right to obtain drivers licenses.
Do you want to respond to that Mainecoons, or are you going to duck and run like you usually do?

Last edited by viajero on Wed Dec 19, 2012 7:33 pm; edited 1 time in total

viajero
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Twain

Back to top Go down

Post by CheenaGringo Wed Dec 19, 2012 7:32 pm

MC:

Go back and read what you wrote. 15 years sure but you have been gone about 5 - progress can be made!

CheenaGringo
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by RoofBob Wed Dec 19, 2012 8:29 pm

Mainecoons wrote:
We are talking about deliberate name calling and personal attacks.

Par for the course here, may as well get used to it.
I think the idiots are used to it.
RoofBob
RoofBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by ferret Wed Dec 19, 2012 10:32 pm

No kidding! Water rolls off this duck's back.
Being called an idiot is really mild by comparison to being called the Number One Bitch and being told to F.O.A.D
There's a lot of history with some posters and trying to make them play nice is like spitting into the wind.
If you make an idiotic statement, you're an idiot. It's that simple.
ferret
ferret
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Otter Latté Wed Dec 19, 2012 10:40 pm

"If you make an idiotic statement, you're an idiot. It's that simple." -- Ferret

But, idiocy, like beauty, can be in the eye of the beholder. The behearer? The bereader? Very Happy
Lady Otter Latté
Lady Otter Latté
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by ferret Wed Dec 19, 2012 10:55 pm

Lady Otter Latté wrote:"If you make an idiotic statement, you're an idiot. It's that simple." -- Ferret

But, idiocy, like beauty, can be in the eye of the beholder. The behearer? The bereader? Very Happy

Absolutely! It can be one person's opinion or confirmed by others who feel the same way. I think I should have said "If you make an idiotic statement, you're an idiot for making that statement". Idiocy does not have to be a permanent state of being...it can come and go.
ferret
ferret
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Otter Latté Wed Dec 19, 2012 11:14 pm

Maybe instead of saying, "You are an idiot" we could say, "When you said that you sounded like an idiot to me." You know, "it is just my opinion and just that statement you made. I am not branding you an idiot forever." A kinder, gentler web forum. Nah. Never mind. It will never work.
Lady Otter Latté
Lady Otter Latté
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by ferret Wed Dec 19, 2012 11:30 pm

LOL! We're one great big happy dysfunctional family.
ferret
ferret
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Zedinmexico Thu Dec 20, 2012 7:42 am

Uhhhh want to sing Kumbaya now ???

Z

Zedinmexico
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Red Dwarf, Marx Brothers, SCTV

Back to top Go down

Post by gringal Thu Dec 20, 2012 9:22 am

Zedinmexico wrote:Uhhhh want to sing Kumbaya now ???

Z

Methinks that's carrying it too far, considering the forum population.

How about: "That statement was idiotic"? or "an unfounded assertion"? Insult the song, not the singer?

gringal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : occasionally

Back to top Go down

Post by sundown Thu Dec 20, 2012 9:40 am

I may be a Genius in my mind & an idiot in yours, but I live in the comfort of my mind, and what goes on in yours , is none of my business.

sundown
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Otter Latté Thu Dec 20, 2012 10:45 am

We can always count on sundown to harsh the mellow. Come on, sundown, not ALL conversations about idiots and idiotic statements are about you. If what was going on in our minds really were none of your business, you wouldn´t be moved to comment on a discussion we were having about what is going on in our minds. You wouldn´t even be reading it. You would be snuggled up, comfortable in your own mind as you claim you are. I, for one, can say with all certainty that not once in the above exchange did "sundown" enter my thoughts.
Lady Otter Latté
Lady Otter Latté
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by David Thu Dec 20, 2012 10:53 am

sundown wrote:I may be a Genius in my mind & an idiot in yours, but I live in the comfort of my mind, and what goes on in yours , is none of my business.

Well said. I'm still trying to understand what good a "New Mexican" drivers license is here.
David
David
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Good

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3