INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Multiva Hosted National Security Seminar September 8th

4 posters

Go down

Multiva Hosted National Security Seminar September 8th Empty Multiva Hosted National Security Seminar September 8th

Post by Jim W September 9th 2010, 1:38 pm

Over 200 expats attended. The speaker provided data, for over an hour...provided information, on car theft, homicide, kidnapping, extortion, burglary, etc., on a state by state basis. The homicide rate in Jalisco is 8.4 per 100,000, while other areas are as high as 75 per 100,000. Car theft is up 13.4% since 2008, and 71% of car theft occurs in Mexico City, State of Mexico, Nuevo Leon, Chihuahua, and Jalisco. Monterey is the worst for car jacking. Nuevo Leon is the most dangerous.

She also detailed Express Kidnapping, and recomended we should not use street taxi in Mexico City, as once you are in the car you will be robbed and forced to provide atm card/etc. This will likely move to other major cities in Mexico.

The average Policeman is paid the equivalent $4000.00 annually, and crime in Mexico will continue to increase for, at least 2 years. Hopefully, others in attendance, can provide more detail/corrections.

Just an FYI Shocked

Jim W
Jim W
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Whenever I need it!

Back to top Go down

Multiva Hosted National Security Seminar September 8th Empty Thanks for the update

Post by simpsca September 10th 2010, 12:04 pm

Jim, Thanks' for the update on the Multiva seminar. I am a little miffed since I am a client and was not invited. I'll have to check into that.

simpsca
simpsca
Events Reporter
Events Reporter

Back to top Go down

Multiva Hosted National Security Seminar September 8th Empty Re: Multiva Hosted National Security Seminar September 8th

Post by bimini6 September 11th 2010, 8:25 am

Thank you for the good information. It is nice to always be aware of what is going on in your surroundings no matter where you live in the world these days.

bimini6
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : always! It is good for the soul

Back to top Go down

Multiva Hosted National Security Seminar September 8th Empty Re: Multiva Hosted National Security Seminar September 8th

Post by Sherman October 19th 2010, 9:22 am

I missed this posting before... I know Ana Marie and chatted with her after the seminar. She asked if we had a 'crime reporting site' here. She was glad to hear there was one here.... and I forwarded the information to her.

She reinforced that it is really important for everyone here (foreigners and nationals) to report the crimes. The reason is that there are definite 'trends' that are being monitored in areas, such as ours and others. The changes or increases in trends are direct indicators of the level/type of drug cartel activity (ok, ok, ok, we all know it's here).

The trends that she and others like her are monitoring are: increased house breakins (burglary, etc.) of Mexicans or foreigners, increased kidnapping (nationals) and a 3RD I JUST FORGOT (a senior moment).

HOWEVER, the point of this is that IT IS REALLY IMPORTANT TO POST EACH AND EVERY CRIME ON THAT LAKESIDE CRIME SITE. This fits into a much bigger picture that just lakeside.

It was her opinion that all things are not 'lost' on this issue. In her presentation she talked about some 'turnaround' in Columbia.
Filoli

bounce

Sherman
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Great sense of Humor!! I live here!!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down