INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bruno's Restaurant Update

+12
David
CheenaGringo
Zedinmexico
gringal
slainte39
joec
hockables
CanuckBob
Rosa Venus
ComputerGuy
Jim W
Bruno's Restaurant
16 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Bruno's Restaurant Update - Page 2 Empty Re: Bruno's Restaurant Update

Post by Ms.Thang Sun Jan 13, 2013 6:42 pm

At Bruno's if you get a meal that you are not happy with all you have to do is say so and they will scamper to the kitchen and make you another one that you will be satisfied with. What more could you ask for when a mistake is made?

Ms.Thang
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Bruno's Restaurant Sun Jan 13, 2013 6:44 pm

gringal wrote:Went several times, and first time ordered the baseball filet. Next time went with friends and the two men ordered ribeyes. Both were disappointed. We women had a good baseball filet. Delicious. Conclusion: order the baseball filet or forgeddaboutit. It's really hard to find a good ribeye anywhere around here. That includes Tango.
hey, im really sorry to hear about the bad rib eyes! just so you and everyone knows, if there is anything bad about your meal, let us know! we want to know about all the problems(wether it be food or service) and we promise you we will give you a fresh new meal or fix it.
thanks, bruno

Bruno's Restaurant

Back to top Go down

Post by Parker Sun Jan 13, 2013 6:51 pm

Zedinmexico wrote:
joec wrote:
Zedinmexico wrote:I find quality to be inconsistant so I stopped going. When it is good it is very good
but ....

Z

What were you ordering?

Went once and ordered a steak and deep fried potato it was very good. Went back a couple of months later and my meal
was so bad I paid and walked out.
Z

Been there, done that. Only this time we were trying to “Show Off” for friends. It mostly had to do with the staff, I think. They could have cared less if we were there or not. And before everyone becomes unglued this was several years ago.

Parker
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : WDWA none

Back to top Go down

Post by CheenaGringo Sun Jan 13, 2013 7:20 pm

The fact of the matter is that there are absolutely few guarantees when it comes to a piece of meat and I don't care who the supplier is. Heck, I have had bad Kobe beef in Kobe, Japan. This past Christmas, I purchased a 6-rib choice grade prime rib roast from a source where I had purchased many before. Cooked exactly the way I have many others and it just wasn't good. Returned the cooked roast and received a full refund. Two years ago, we visited an Argentinian restaurant in Leon and both ordered the exact same cut of meat but with differing sauces. My steak was super tender and Kathy's was tough. That happens sometimes and the restaurant's feet shouldn't be held to the fire over one steak!

CheenaGringo
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by gringal Mon Jan 14, 2013 8:20 am

If a restaurant is as willing as Bruno's to make it right for the customer, we can't ask for more. Kudos to them.

gringal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : occasionally

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Otter Latté Mon Jan 14, 2013 9:00 am

I second gringal´s kudos. Thank you to Bruno´s Restaurant for responding to this thread in such a positive manner.
Lady Otter Latté
Lady Otter Latté
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Biting

Back to top Go down

Post by Zedinmexico Mon Jan 14, 2013 9:06 am

Parker wrote:
Zedinmexico wrote:
joec wrote:
Zedinmexico wrote:I find quality to be inconsistant so I stopped going. When it is good it is very good
but ....

Z

What were you ordering?

Went once and ordered a steak and deep fried potato it was very good. Went back a couple of months later and my meal
Z

Been there, done that. Only this time we were trying to “Show Off” for friends. It mostly had to do with the staff, I think. They could have cared less if we were there or not. And before everyone becomes unglued this was several years ago.

Rancid oil used to fry baked potato. How can you eat when you have something rancid on your plate that smell? It was several years ago the staff did
not care. Lots of choices in Ajijic so..... If something has changed that is fine but I don't know anything has changed. Trying to be nice. I know many many
people love this resturant.

Z

Zedinmexico
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Red Dwarf, Marx Brothers, SCTV

Back to top Go down

Post by hockables Mon Jan 14, 2013 9:13 am

please tell me... you get more than two base-ball sirloins per cow Shocked
hockables
hockables
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Otter Latté Mon Jan 14, 2013 9:13 am

"Rancid oil used to fry baked potato. How can you eat when you have something rancid on your plate that smell? It was several years ago the staff did not care."
Gee, Zed, what do you say when you are not "trying to be nice"?
Lady Otter Latté
Lady Otter Latté
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Zedinmexico Mon Jan 14, 2013 9:27 am

Lady Otter Latté wrote:"Rancid oil used to fry baked potato. How can you eat when you have something rancid on your plate that smell? It was several years ago the staff did not care."
Gee, Zed, what do you say when you are not "trying to be nice"?

Talk about unfair. I was being nice and MULTIPLE people ask me about my meal. How can one describe something rancid in a resturant while being
nice? You can't. I had a good meal I had a terrible meal that is called inconsistant in my book which was my original complaint if you go look. I wasn't
going to say anything other than inconsistant. If you ask for someone to be blunt don't be surprised if they are. Obviously I have touched someone
favorite resturant. Sorry but rancid is rancid and frankly I am not known for being touchy about smells as I cleaned septic tanks when I was young.
If I gag it is bad. Now once again it was a couple of years ago and things may be different but I see the same name on the door and I don't see
anything to make me think differently. Lets drop this as I know many of you love this resturant but what do you expect me to say considering
the situation my wife and I experienced.

Z

Zedinmexico
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by ComputerGuy Mon Jan 14, 2013 9:43 am

Hey, a couple of years ago they were using their oil too long or something, and those fried bakers were just that: rancid. That's enough to keep anyone away until the situation has changed.
ComputerGuy
ComputerGuy
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Otter Latté Mon Jan 14, 2013 9:46 am

Zed, Zed, Zed, lighten up. I was teasing you. I actually have never been to Bruno´s so it is not a favorite of mine.
The teasing did not have to do with what you said. It was that after you gave that rather graphic description you said you were trying to be nice. That amused me--and not in a mean way.
Lady Otter Latté
Lady Otter Latté
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by hockables Mon Jan 14, 2013 9:55 am

maybe ya'll should just ask for a baked baker... yer heart would love ya for it... Thumbs up
hockables
hockables
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by gringal Mon Jan 14, 2013 9:58 am

BTW, Zed...............Bruno's was taken over by his daughter, Vicky. I think he retired due to health problems. Several years ago experiences probably wouldn't reflect current conditions. Maybe time to try it again and sniff the potatoes. Very Happy

gringal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by gringal Mon Jan 14, 2013 10:20 am

hockables wrote:please tell me... you get more than two base-ball sirloins per cow Shocked

Beats me. I consider a baseball filet as a week's nutrition. You know, first you slice off your dinner and then you have beef tacos for the rest of the week. Or invite the neighbors over and have a taco party for six.
Beer

gringal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by hockables Mon Jan 14, 2013 10:24 am

gringal wrote:
hockables wrote:please tell me... you get more than two base-ball sirloins per cow Shocked

Beats me. I consider a baseball filet as a week's nutrition. You know, first you slice off your dinner and then you have beef tacos for the rest of the week. Or invite the neighbors over and have a taco party for six.
Beer

actually... I'm more back ta John;s point...
anotomically where did the base-ball come from??
hockables
hockables
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CheenaGringo Mon Jan 14, 2013 10:34 am

Just an opinion but I would guess that the baseball cut comes from the large end of the filet? The size, the appearance and the texture seem to be very similar to the filets served at Ruth's Chris or Morton's steakhouses but at a far better price.

CheenaGringo
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by slainte39 Mon Jan 14, 2013 11:03 am

Years ago they changed the components of a baseball to cork, yarn, and horsehide because of the difficulty to turn a double play and the life of beef.
Bruno was second baseman in those days and could never could get that terminology out his head.
Cow pies were also bases....How many to a cow?...infinite.

slainte39
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Bruno's Restaurant Mon Jan 14, 2013 12:30 pm

Zedinmexico wrote:
Parker wrote:
Zedinmexico wrote:
joec wrote:
but ....

Z

What were you ordering?

Z

Rancid oil used to fry baked potato. How can you eat when you have something rancid on your plate that smell? It was several years ago the staff did
not care. Lots of choices in Ajijic so..... If something has changed that is fine but I don't know anything has changed. Trying to be nice. I know many many

Z
im so sorry to hear about that! honestly this was probably at a time when Bruno was ill and was not 100 percent there at the restaurant. but I can asure you that currently we are checking every single plate that goes out making sure it is the best possible for our customers.
Again, as I said to all of our customers if there is any problem with the food we will give you a new plate of food! we promise ;)
thanks, Bruno's

Bruno's Restaurant

Back to top Go down

Post by Zedinmexico Mon Jan 14, 2013 1:25 pm

gringal wrote:BTW, Zed...............Bruno's was taken over by his daughter, Vicky. I think he retired due to health problems. Several years ago experiences probably wouldn't reflect current conditions. Maybe time to try it again and sniff the potatoes. Very Happy

Looks like the same resturant to me so how would one know it is under new management?
Z

Zedinmexico
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Zedinmexico Mon Jan 14, 2013 1:26 pm

Bruno's Restaurant wrote:
Zedinmexico wrote:
Parker wrote:
Zedinmexico wrote:
joec wrote:
but ....

Z

What were you ordering?

Z

Z
im so sorry to hear about that! honestly this was probably at a time when Bruno was ill and was not 100 percent there at the restaurant. but I can asure you that currently we are checking every single plate that goes out making sure it is the best possible for our customers.
Again, as I said to all of our customers if there is any problem with the food we will give you a new plate of food! we promise ;)
thanks, Bruno's

Thank you I will try again. Not trying to be mean but I had no idea you took it over and it looked like the same resturant to me.

Z

Zedinmexico
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Otter Latté Mon Jan 14, 2013 1:32 pm

Zed, how does anyone here know anything about anything? You hear, read, overhear, however we all pick up information. As I said before, I have never been to Bruno´s (though I plan to give it a try after all this) but I remember hearing about Vickie taking it over and have heard people talk about it here and there, now and then. It just seems to be one of those common knowledge things. Maybe because you had had a bad experience you tended to filter out anything to do with Bruno´s. It´s human nature.
Lady Otter Latté
Lady Otter Latté
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Zedinmexico Mon Jan 14, 2013 1:45 pm

Lady Otter Latté wrote:Zed, how does anyone here know anything about anything? You hear, read, overhear, however we all pick up information. As I said before, I have never been to Bruno´s (though I plan to give it a try after all this) but I remember hearing about Vickie taking it over and have heard people talk about it here and there, now and then. It just seems to be one of those common knowledge things. Maybe because you had had a bad experience you tended to filter out anything to do with Bruno´s. It´s human nature.

Are you kidding?? If it so good how come folks email me with the same experience we had??? I feel like shoot the messenger. Bruno resturant has
been quite nice about it. They don't deny my experience. Not my job to know who owns what resturant. Sorry it is my experience and I am sticking
to it. I will try Bruno's again but only because of the post Bruno's made on this string. Bruno's was nice about my complaint so I will try them again.
That shows Bruno's has class in my opinion.

Don't shoot a person when folks ask for the details and one delivers them.

Z

Zedinmexico
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Otter Latté Mon Jan 14, 2013 1:59 pm

Zed, please reread my post. I did not say anything at all about Bruno´s being good (or bad for that matter). I did not negate or deny your experience there. I did not accuse you of being irresponsible for not knowing Bruno´s management had changed hands. I did not say or imply in any way that you should change your story about your experience. I did not "shoot" anybody for saying anything. I did not attack you in any way. In other words, Zed, your response to my post had nothing to do with what I said.
Lady Otter Latté
Lady Otter Latté
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by viajero Mon Jan 14, 2013 2:13 pm

You guys crack me up,all this rancor over a ten dollar steak and a fried baked potato.LOL.

viajero
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Twain

Back to top Go down

Post by Zedinmexico Mon Jan 14, 2013 2:20 pm

Lady Otter Latté wrote:Zed, please reread my post. I did not say anything at all about Bruno´s being good (or bad for that matter). I did not negate or deny your experience there. I did not accuse you of being irresponsible for not knowing Bruno´s management had changed hands. I did not say or imply in any way that you should change your story about your experience. I did not "shoot" anybody for saying anything. I did not attack you in any way. In other words, Zed, your response to my post had nothing to do with what I said.

Yes you did you said I should have known about Vicki and than you handed me some B.S. Psychology one statement
about nature of folks.

Z

Zedinmexico
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next