INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Help With TripAdvisor Ajijic Restaurants

+3
slainte39
sparks
CheenaGringo
7 posters

Go down

Help With TripAdvisor Ajijic Restaurants Empty Help With TripAdvisor Ajijic Restaurants

Post by CheenaGringo Mon Jan 28, 2013 8:17 pm

http://www.tripadvisor.com/Restaurants-g499405-Ajijic_Pacific_Coast.html

Would someone be so kind as to review the above list for restaurants that are no longer in business? Laurent's has been reported as OB but I think there may be others? There is a proceedure for reporting closed, renamed or relocated restaurants.

CheenaGringo
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Help With TripAdvisor Ajijic Restaurants Empty Re: Help With TripAdvisor Ajijic Restaurants

Post by sparks Mon Jan 28, 2013 8:44 pm

Tripadvisor basically sucks

It's sad to see self promotions, recommendations from people who know nothing and stuff that is totally outdated. Best to just stay away
sparks
sparks
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : The joke's on me

http://sparksmex.blogspot.mx/

Back to top Go down

Help With TripAdvisor Ajijic Restaurants Empty Re: Help With TripAdvisor Ajijic Restaurants

Post by slainte39 Mon Jan 28, 2013 8:46 pm

CheenaGringo wrote:http://www.tripadvisor.com/Restaurants-g499405-Ajijic_Pacific_Coast.html

Would someone be so kind as to review the above list for restaurants that are no longer in business? Laurent's has been reported as OB but I think there may be others? There is a proceedure for reporting closed, renamed or relocated restaurants.

Neil...I see 3 for sure:
1. La Vina
2. Two Spoons
3. Villa del Arte

La Luz de la Luna I believe is in Guadalajara

slainte39
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Ms.Thang Mon Jan 28, 2013 9:46 pm

The Secret Garden recently closed

Ms.Thang
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CheenaGringo Mon Jan 28, 2013 9:51 pm

Sparks:

Such positive statements! Pretty much confirms the fact that you haven't been on TripAdvisor in quite some time! The self promotions have been drastically reduced through new proceedures. TripAdvisor isn't so much designed for the locals but rather to provide an information source for tourists. The credibility comes from from the mix of locals and people who are willing to honestly share their experiences. We all know that you know everything and have no need for additional knowledge or information.

Given what has happened within the tourist industry in Central Mexico, positive posts and information may just help the depressed economies? Doing nothing and bad mouthing will assure nothing positive comes from the negative effort!

CheenaGringo
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Zedinmexico Tue Jan 29, 2013 7:55 am

El Figon and the resturant that replaced two spoons is gone already.

Z

Zedinmexico
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Red Dwarf, Marx Brothers, SCTV

Back to top Go down

Post by sparks Tue Jan 29, 2013 9:07 am

No I haven't been for a long time because of the issues it has ... like every post here pointed out. Spose I do prefer message boards more for people that live here than for vacationers ... but there's plenty of other places to answer new-bee questions than the over rated Advisor. Also find that site hard to navigate and don't like their pop-ups. Just my opinion
sparks
sparks
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : The joke's on me

http://sparksmex.blogspot.mx/

Back to top Go down

Post by CheenaGringo Tue Jan 29, 2013 11:20 am

Thank you to those who provided the updates on the closed restaurants! All have been reported to TripAdvisor.

As for the negative comments about TripAdvisor, to each their own. While I don't view TripAdvisor as a resource for the "locals in the know", I do know a number of Mexico residents who do provide reviews hoping that they will benefit others who are actually traveling. While we don't treat the reviews as the gospel, they can provide an overview of a restaurant, hotel or attraction and I do give a bit more credence to a restaurant review written by a "local" when traveling to an area new to us. Digesting the reviews is really no different than measuring the quality of posts made by forum members.

CheenaGringo
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by David Tue Jan 29, 2013 4:51 pm

Zedinmexico wrote:El Figon and the resturant that replaced two spoons is gone already.
Z

El Figon is NOT gone, it only relocated to a larger space on Constitucion.
David
David
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Good

Back to top Go down

Post by CheenaGringo Tue Jan 29, 2013 6:01 pm

Thank you David! Just sent them a correction message.

CheenaGringo
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Rosa Venus Tue Jan 29, 2013 6:07 pm

I believe the El Figon location on Constitucion recently closed.
Rosa Venus
Rosa Venus
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : The funny kind

Back to top Go down

Post by David Tue Jan 29, 2013 6:15 pm

They have an ad in the most recent issue of the Guadalajara Reporter.
David
David
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Good

Back to top Go down

Post by Zedinmexico Wed Jan 30, 2013 8:23 am

Folks El Figon is gone and has been for weeks. They got tired of the hours is what
I heard from a friend who went on the good bye party.

Z

Zedinmexico
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Red Dwarf, Marx Brothers, SCTV

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down