INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Condo vs Fracc

+8
Carry Bean
David
CanuckBob
CHILLIN
Smartalex
CheenaGringo
RoofBob
joec
12 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Condo vs Fracc - Page 2 Empty Re: Condo vs Fracc

Post by Chapala Payaso Mon Mar 11, 2013 1:26 pm

It is only legal to have a gated entraance if it is a condo. A condo is one large private lot which is subdivided. The whole interior is private, just like a house. Including the road.

Chapala Payaso
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by joec Mon Mar 11, 2013 2:35 pm

Chapala Payaso wrote:It is only legal to have a gated entraance if it is a condo. A condo is one large private lot which is subdivided. The whole interior is private, just like a house. Including the road.

And that is also the difference between a Gated Community and a Fracc. A Gated Community owns its own roadways and driveways and maintains them with common fees.

A Fraccs roads are owned by the Town and the Town is "supposed" to maintain them, but I doubt they do. They don't even maintain their own streets.

joec
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sometimes

Back to top Go down

Post by Chapala Payaso Mon Mar 11, 2013 3:18 pm

"And that is also the difference between a Gated Community and a Fracc."

A fracc. has individual lots to be built on which are not large enough to be subdivided. The home owner may or may not elect to have a gate limiting access to his property even though it is not a condo. His property can be gated but his property is not a community.

Many of the large estates are gated but are not condos. I can think of one that has a few houses on it but is not a condo nor is it in a fracc. In a fracc. the roads are public access. Not so in a condo.

Chapala Payaso
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Condo vs Fracc - Page 2 Empty Condo vs Fracc

Post by David Mon Mar 11, 2013 5:41 pm

joec wrote:
David wrote:Condominios are condominiums, not "gated communities" IMHO. Gated Communities such as the fabled Los Arroyos Sur, et al is what I want to know about. Maybe Los Olivos or Riviera Alta would qualify.

I don't understand your post. Please explain.
We're mixing english and spanish terminology; up north a condominium is a building wherein each owner owns a portion. Here a condominio is a plot of land with single or multiple family dwellings. When I think "gated community I think Riviera Alta or a Fracc such as La Floresta. I know there are several condominios in Ajijic, Los Olivos and Riviera Alta are the only "gated communities" that I know of.
As for where LAS is located simply look at a map. Las is miles from Ajijic, past Villa Nova and Rancho del Oro. We've had this discussion before. Homes in the village of Ajijic get; garbage pickup 6 days a week, street lights, city water & sewer. As I recall LAS doesn't get any of those services from the village. Reason? You're not in Ajijic. Ajijic ends at Alvaro Obregon on the mountain side and at the Pantheon on the lake side. I guess in a general sense you could call the general area Ajijic but that's misleading IMHO.
David
David
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Good

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2