INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Need Help !!

+24
hound dog
CHILLIN
Rockerfeller
David
viajero
Zedinmexico
Trailrunner
Rosa Venus
rs6000
Smartalex
CheenaGringo
SunFan
brigitte
little italy
slainte39
Ms.Thang
LaChula
Grizzy
Lady Otter Latté
JayBear
artsnob
CanuckBob
Jim W
Dr. Sam Thelin
28 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Need Help !! Empty Need Help !!

Post by Dr. Sam Thelin Thu Mar 28, 2013 3:00 pm

In Ajijic 20 State Police have arrived and will be staying a while. They have a place to stay, but no beds. We need beds, cots, matresses, air matresses, etc, and probably sheets and covers. I doubt one person has all this, but if a few can help with one each, we can give them a place to sleep.

Call Harry at 376 766 4282 or me at 331 282 4445

Thanks, Dr. Sam

Dr. Sam Thelin
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Need Help !! Empty Re: Need Help !!

Post by Jim W Thu Mar 28, 2013 3:34 pm

Dr. Sam, please let me know if you need help with picking anything up! I have a pick up.

Jim W
Jim W
Jim W
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Whenever I need it!

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Thu Mar 28, 2013 3:40 pm

I just dropped two air mattresses and a pump off at the Delegados office across from the Ajijic Plaza. Hector was very appreciative. He said the State Policia will be here for as long as he wants. That will certainly fill the gap given the recent events in Chapala.

Lets keep this one on topic boys.

Last edited by CanuckBob on Thu Mar 28, 2013 3:42 pm; edited 1 time in total
CanuckBob
CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sick and twisted

https://casadecomo.mx

Back to top Go down

Post by artsnob Thu Mar 28, 2013 4:37 pm

I am at my Casa in Mex City, what were recent events in Chapala??

artsnob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Need Help !! Empty I'm bellying up to the bar on this one

Post by JayBear Thu Mar 28, 2013 8:04 pm

I dropped off bedding at the Delegado's office. More is needed--inflatable beds, pillows, bedrolls, etc. Housing is in place, food and bedding are needed. This is an opportunity to support the visiting Jalisco police who are patrolling our town. Don't tell me how they can afford it--they have asked for our help, folks, and in return they are going to help us! I see nothing wrong with this equation. Please show you welcome their support by dropping off bedding OR food OR water and soda OR brownies OR whatever you can give. Remember how glad we were that famous May when police and army arrived to protect us? Let's show our support! I don't want to hear how we are expats and therefore we can hide our heads in the sand and ignore problems--THIS IS YOUR COMMUNITY! Your maid and your gardener and your waiter and your cook at your favorite restaurant deserve your support! We are all in this together. Okay now, excuse me, I will get down off the podium and go feed the cat.

JayBear
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Otter Latté Thu Mar 28, 2013 8:22 pm

If we do not have extra supplies and are unable to cook meals, is there someplace to donate money and be sure it will go for supplies and/or food for the police?
Lady Otter Latté
Lady Otter Latté
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Biting

Back to top Go down

Post by Grizzy Thu Mar 28, 2013 8:38 pm

I can loan a matress and bedding if someone can let me know where to drop it off.
Grizzy
Grizzy
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : mandatory

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr. Sam Thelin Thu Mar 28, 2013 8:58 pm

Grizzy wrote:I can loan a matress and bedding if someone can let me know where to drop it off.

I do not know the exact address in Ajijic. Maybe someone else will post it. If not, drop it off at the Cruz Roja if you are in Chapala and someone will take it to Ajijic.

Dr. Sam Thelin
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by LaChula Thu Mar 28, 2013 11:39 pm

Grizzy wrote:I can loan a matress and bedding if someone can let me know where to drop it off.

Take it to the Delegacion on the north west corner of Colon and Hidalgo.

LaChula
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Ms.Thang Thu Mar 28, 2013 11:45 pm

That is where the old police station used to be?

Ms.Thang
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by slainte39 Fri Mar 29, 2013 6:57 am

Ms.Thang wrote:That is where the old police station used to be?

I think it still is...same building for both.
There are people on the TOB carping about whether the police themselves or the municipio should be covering all the expenses for the State guys. It's just an armbreaker for some people to help out unless they have a guarantee written in blood.
Less police presence, bad cops or not, in the long run, is not the answer to crime.

slainte39
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by little italy Fri Mar 29, 2013 8:44 am

A thought, maybe the Catholic church would be willing to help as well, after all they are one of the richest Corporations in the world. ya think?

I am really devastated that these 20 state police came here here to help us with no food,water,bedding. Are the even supplied toilet paper? Does anyone know if they have cooking facilities or at least a Microwave?

I truly believe ALL of us will help if we can and if not, they should NOT be hassled. I know those who live on retirement and give half of what they make to the different charities.

little italy
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by brigitte Fri Mar 29, 2013 8:52 am

I do not get the controversy, if you can help and want to , do it. If you do not want to help don not. It is not complicated.
Last year many locals were dropping food for the army when they were in town.
What is there ot argue or fret about?. No one is forcing anyone.

There is no guarantee in life and none in Mexico either so move on.

brigitte
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by SunFan Fri Mar 29, 2013 9:38 am

Dr. Sam/CBob

I don't have cots or air matresses. How else could I help?
- Would gladly open our home to the visiting police
- Food, beverages, toiletries
- Money
SunFan
SunFan
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : None....no I'm joking.

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Fri Mar 29, 2013 10:50 am

That would be a question for either Dr Sam or Hector (Delegado). However if I see Hector today I will also ask him.
CanuckBob
CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sick and twisted

https://casadecomo.mx

Back to top Go down

Post by CheenaGringo Fri Mar 29, 2013 8:23 pm

Just an observation from someone who lives NOB and is not directly affected by the current events.

There is one heck of a difference between the responses on this forum and the ones on TOB! While I am sure that this will "pizz off" memebers from TOB that come over here to check out the sanity, I have never observed so many entitled and self-centered people in my life. I mean: after all, what the heck do they pay taxes for and what can they expect from the benefits they achieve for the general area by moving there in the first place?

CheenaGringo
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr. Sam Thelin Fri Mar 29, 2013 8:40 pm

SunFan wrote:Dr. Sam/CBob

I don't have cots or air matresses. How else could I help?
- Would gladly open our home to the visiting police
- Food, beverages, toiletries
- Money

I think Harry or Hector could answer that best, or Bob after he sees him again. I would not advise opening your house to them. There was another group who was going to stay with the fire department, but someone there said that they did not have much respect for the place, and were not the cleanest group of people.

I would offer anything that any person would like if away from home - toiletries, food, drinks, etc. I would not give money simply because I do not think it would be a good idea to give them the image of us as a money tree. But giving items of use would make us look like we appriciate them, as well as actually helping them.

Dr. Sam Thelin
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Smartalex Fri Mar 29, 2013 8:50 pm

Just an observation from someone who lives here full time:

The local Mexicans, for the most part, hate and despise the police, be they municipos, estados or federales. I remember the women of Ajijic, at a town meeting, curse and berate former police chief Contreras, calling him a liar and telling him they had no trust in him or his police. And I remember, during last year's police occupation, my sweet little old church-going Mexican landlady warning me, in hushed Spanish, "Cuidarte Alex, hay muchos policias en el pueblo." To the vast majority of the local people, the idea of helping the police in any way, let alone giving them food or money, is a sick joke. While I don't necessarily agree with these sentiments, it is how the local people feel,
Smartalex
Smartalex
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by brigitte Fri Mar 29, 2013 9:43 pm

Well Alex I feel exactly the way your landlady feels the idea of inviting them in my house would never cross my mind. Never would give them money either.
I someone I trust from the community is asking for blankets or some food I probably would do it but I would never go beyond that.

brigitte
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by rs6000 Sat Mar 30, 2013 12:49 am

Given the recent events, locals now trust more the State Police than Municipal police, I feel safer with those guys around.

Keep up the good work and help them.

rs6000

Back to top Go down

Post by Rosa Venus Sat Mar 30, 2013 1:02 am

Smartalex wrote:

The local Mexicans, for the most part, hate and despise the police, be they municipos, estados or federales. I remember the women of Ajijic, at a town meeting, curse and berate former police chief Contreras, calling him a liar and telling him they had no trust in him or his police.

That was a helluva a meeting and I remember it exactly as you do. (God Bless the nervy women here. They were amazingly vocal and strident.) I also remember the "occupation" in the wake of that meeting, and got the same "¡Cuídate!" from locals who gave a shit about me.

Living here full-time is so different than what it must be like as a visitor. My eyes and ears are open constantly, but I've only been here a handful of years. It's such a learning curve.
Rosa Venus
Rosa Venus
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : The funny kind

Back to top Go down

Post by Trailrunner Sat Mar 30, 2013 8:13 am

Rosa Venus wrote:
Smartalex wrote:

The local Mexicans, for the most part, hate and despise the police, be they municipos, estados or federales. I remember the women of Ajijic, at a town meeting, curse and berate former police chief Contreras, calling him a liar and telling him they had no trust in him or his police.

That was a helluva a meeting and I remember it exactly as you do. (God Bless the nervy women here. They were amazingly vocal and strident.) I also remember the "occupation" in the wake of that meeting, and got the same "¡Cuídate!" from locals who gave a shit about me.

Living here full-time is so different than what it must be like as a visitor. My eyes and ears are open constantly, but I've only been here a handful of years. It's such a learning curve.

Well said, Rosa! I was there too and also admired those REALLY angry women, particularly the Dra who told about getting rousted and her 16 year old daughter getting "patted down". Only she didn't call it that! I hated the chief's body posture, he couldn't get out of there fast enough nor could he care less. It was all a show. Want proof? What happened to CSI? Where are all those Guardian Angels? What happened to those preprogramed cell phones? hah

The thought of "opening up my house" to the cops never crossed my mind either! I can't even imagine how anyone could think that! My Mexican friends and neighbors are constantly telling me to be careful.

I had an encounter with the military once in Jocotepec that I thought was genuine and impressed me. They are apparently not all clean either, but I have more confidence in them.

Be careful out there!
Trailrunner
Trailrunner
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Zedinmexico Sat Mar 30, 2013 8:40 am

State police are paid much more than local police and as a stereoetype are
much more pros than local police. They have proper training and equipement.
Same as NOB. I would be more inclined to trust members of the state police
than local law enforcement.

Z

Zedinmexico
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Red Dwarf, Marx Brothers, SCTV

Back to top Go down

Post by viajero Sat Mar 30, 2013 10:09 am

The last state cop I met was smoking a joint on the beach at Tenacatita,he later showed me pictures on his cell phone of he and his men standing in the middle of a pot plantation,he commented that he never ran out of weed.

viajero
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Twain

Back to top Go down

Post by David Sat Mar 30, 2013 10:21 am

My upper middle class Mexican neighbors say the Policia Estatal are not to be trusted, only the Federales, Army and Marines.
David
David
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Good

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum: