INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What a fiasco! (Insurance agents; policies; price increases; quotes) Referral wanted.

+11
MexicoPete
Jim W
slainte39
Hensley
Kiri
lucky
David
CheenaGringo
elehne1
simpsca
Talosian
15 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

What a fiasco! (Insurance agents; policies; price increases; quotes) Referral wanted. Empty What a fiasco! (Insurance agents; policies; price increases; quotes) Referral wanted.

Post by Talosian Sat Apr 27, 2013 9:13 am

If I live to be 50, I will never understand some things (not just about Mexico).

A local insurance agency paid to have a decent sized add in the OJO.

I sent an email asking for a quote and give information on my car, etc.

I never heard back from them.

Last year I changed from Parker for one auto policy to O&A and got a better price. Got the policy with a premium of $2,083.62. This was with the old limit of $1,000,000.

I was much less than thrilled with the "service" from O&A but I figure after the policy is issued, if I need anything, I will usually deal with the company through the agent.

Knowing that the government increased the limit to $3,000000, I asked Parker for a quote to either reinstate the old policy or issue a new one.

I got a quote from Parker that was about $1,000 pesos higher than the policy through O&A (company is HDI Seguro).

I asked Parker to tell me the price of the $3,000,000 coverage. I was told it isn't broken down until I get the policy. But once I get the policy, I'm on the hook. So I didn't follow up there. I wanted to know this since on TOB (MexConn), Rolly and some others have said that many companies are increasing the limit without a corresponding increase in premium.I just wanted to know why th jump of $1,000.

I asked O&A how much my renewal policy would be and they didn't know. I asked them to please check. I got a promise of a reply by email or phone. Never heard.

I went in and asked and was told I would get the information. No email, no call.

The HDI Seguro policy expires today and I'm going to let it laps since I don't drive the car. This will also give me a chance to find some auto insurance agent who cares enough about making a sale that he/she will return a communication.

Any recommendations, preferably with direct personal experience(s) will be appreciated.

Thanks.
Talosian
Talosian
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : All over the field.

Back to top Go down

What a fiasco! (Insurance agents; policies; price increases; quotes) Referral wanted. Empty Re: What a fiasco! (Insurance agents; policies; price increases; quotes) Referral wanted.

Post by simpsca Sat Apr 27, 2013 9:29 am

I just heard from a friend yesterday that Lauri Clark of Lloyd's insurance on the second floor of Actinver did a good job for her on her auto insurance.
simpsca
simpsca
Events Reporter
Events Reporter

Back to top Go down

What a fiasco! (Insurance agents; policies; price increases; quotes) Referral wanted. Empty Re: What a fiasco! (Insurance agents; policies; price increases; quotes) Referral wanted.

Post by elehne1 Sat Apr 27, 2013 9:44 am

We have obtained ours online at www.LakeChapalaInsurance.com for the past three years. They have only A rated carriers and it is easy to get quotes with various carriers after inputting your information. Then choose the coverage and carrier, pay online and print from home. If you have questions, email or phone is available.

elehne1
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Talosian Sat Apr 27, 2013 10:19 am

elehne1 wrote:We have obtained ours online at www.LakeChapalaInsurance.com for the past three years. They have only A rated carriers and it is easy to get quotes with various carriers after inputting your information. Then choose the coverage and carrier, pay online and print from home. If you have questions, email or phone is available.

From the questions this seems like it is not aimed at permanent residents with Mexican plated cars. Where is asks where I live, the only options seem to be NOB people for short periods..
Talosian
Talosian
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CheenaGringo Sat Apr 27, 2013 10:26 am

Talosian:

Why is it that you only mention policy prices but not the coverage (except new liability requirements)?

CheenaGringo
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Talosian Sat Apr 27, 2013 10:30 am

CheenaGringo wrote:Talosian:

Why is it that you only mention policy prices but not the coverage (except new liability requirements)?

Good point but in this post, I'm simply trying to find a decent insurance agent.

I always get the basic liability coverage, including legal services. No comprehensive on a 1971 vehicle.
Talosian
Talosian
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by David Sat Apr 27, 2013 11:00 am

Go to LCS and see Edgar Cedena. Or, across from SuperLake is a new agency folks are saying good things about.
David
David
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Good

Back to top Go down

Post by lucky Sat Apr 27, 2013 11:18 am

The agency across from SuperLake is Bellon. Their car insurance guy is Claude Bellon. Office phone: 376-766-5151. They are open until 2pm on Saturdays and from 9-5 Monday thru Friday. i was VERY impressed with their service.....although that was just getting a policy from them. No claims, so don't know how that will work out. The policy is written by Qualitas, and even with the 3,000,000 peso liability, it was less expensive than the amount i paid last year through Tio Corp with 1,000,000 peso liability coverage.

And they can give you a quote very rapidly.

lucky
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiri Sat Apr 27, 2013 11:37 am

The Best Mexican Auto Insurance

http://www.mexicanautoinsurance.com/
Kiri
Kiri
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by elehne1 Sat Apr 27, 2013 11:39 am

Talosian wrote:
elehne1 wrote:We have obtained ours online at www.LakeChapalaInsurance.com for the past three years. They have only A rated carriers and it is easy to get quotes with various carriers after inputting your information. Then choose the coverage and carrier, pay online and print from home. If you have questions, email or phone is available.

From the questions this seems like it is not aimed at permanent residents with Mexican plated cars. Where is asks where I live, the only options seem to be NOB people for short periods..

The policies are for vehicles not licensed in Mexico. We live here full time, however, do have our vehicle licensed in the US until we go permanent in a couple years. Sorry for the misunderstanding.

elehne1
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Hensley Sat Apr 27, 2013 12:30 pm

If you live to be 50, HaHaHaHaHaHaHaHa what a joke, you are way past that buddy.

Ask Spencer about Qualitas that is who we went with.
Hensley
Hensley
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by slainte39 Sat Apr 27, 2013 12:45 pm

Hensley wrote:If you live to be 50, HaHaHaHaHaHaHaHa what a joke, you are way past that buddy.

Ask Spencer about Qualitas that is who we went with.

On other planets. the years can be much longer. Depends on that distance from star to planet...Âżme comprende?

slainte39
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Jim W Sat Apr 27, 2013 1:12 pm

Talosian wrote:If I live to be 50, I will never understand some things (not just about Mexico).

A local insurance agency paid to have a decent sized add in the OJO.

I sent an email asking for a quote and give information on my car, etc.

I never heard back from them.

Last year I changed from Parker for one auto policy to O&A and got a better price. Got the policy with a premium of $2,083.62. This was with the old limit of $1,000,000.

I was much less than thrilled with the "service" from O&A but I figure after the policy is issued, if I need anything, I will usually deal with the company through the agent

Knowing that the government increased the limit to $3,000000, I asked Parker for a quote to either reinstate the old policy or issue a new one.

I got a quote from Parker that was about $1,000 pesos higher than the policy through O&A (company is HDI Seguro).

I asked Parker to tell me the price of the $3,000,000 coverage. I was told it isn't broken down until I get the policy. But once I get the policy, I'm on the hook. So I didn't follow up there. I wanted to know this since on TOB (MexConn), Rolly and some others have said that many companies are increasing the limit without a corresponding increase in premium.I just wanted to know why th jump of $1,000.

I asked O&A how much my renewal policy would be and they didn't know. I asked them to please check. I got a promise of a reply by email or phone. Never heard.

I went in and asked and was told I would get the information. No email, no call.

The HDI Seguro policy expires today and I'm going to let it laps since I don't drive the car. This will also give me a chance to find some auto insurance agent who cares enough about making a sale that he/she will return a communication.

Any recommendations, preferably with direct personal experience(s) will be appreciated.

Thanks.

If you do a search of topics on the board, there are 70 matches on auto insurance over the past 2 years.
Jim W
Jim W
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Whenever I need it!

Back to top Go down

Post by Talosian Sat Apr 27, 2013 1:17 pm

Yes, I have seen them.

The differences here are 1) Trying to find a "reliable" agent for a quote, and 2) Trying to figure why one quote I got is $1,000 pesos more than my other policy that is eady for renew.

I'm wondering if with the new liability increase, with several people saying their companies upped the coverage at no added cost, why the 33.33% increase in one quote I received.
Talosian
Talosian
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CheenaGringo Sat Apr 27, 2013 1:28 pm

Many of the comments I read specifically stated that the insurance companies didn't raise the rate on an existing paid up policy but would be doing so at the next renewal. So it doesn't appear that you will be paying for an underfilled package!

CheenaGringo
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by lucky Sat Apr 27, 2013 1:36 pm

Talosian, with Bellon insurance agency, i decided to drop my "plus" coverage which covers such things as vandalism to the vehicle. once i did that, my premium, even with the increase in liability, went down.

lucky
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Talosian Sat Apr 27, 2013 1:52 pm

Seems right.

I'll see what kind of quotes I get.
Talosian
Talosian
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Jim W Sat Apr 27, 2013 1:59 pm

CheenaGringo wrote:Many of the comments I read specifically stated that the insurance companies didn't raise the rate on an existing paid up policy but would be doing so at the next renewal. So it doesn't appear that you will be paying for an underfilled package!

Neil, I've been with Mexicobob out of Nogales since 2005 and I've never had less than 300k. They have never quoted less, and for full coverage on the Escape 2011 annual policy is $350.00. We've had 2 claims over the years, and $500.00 deductible.
Jim W
Jim W
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CheenaGringo Sat Apr 27, 2013 2:48 pm

Jim:

Your insurance through Mexicobob covers a US car while you have a residence in Mexico and that is somewhat typical coverage except for those who remain too cheap to fully cover themselves. From a chart I saw back in Dec or Jan, $300K would cover you in most Mexican States but some have even higher liability limits. I will see if I can find that chart and post it.

CheenaGringo
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Talosian Sat Apr 27, 2013 3:22 pm

Is there a difference in price if a car is Mexican plated as opposed to NOB?

I am asking about liability only for a car in Mexico full-time.

It would seem a 2005 XYZ car would have the same premium no matter what plates id carries.
Talosian
Talosian
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Jim W Sat Apr 27, 2013 3:38 pm

Talosian wrote:Is there a difference in price if a car is Mexican plated as opposed to NOB?

I am asking about liability only for a car in Mexico full-time.

It would seem a 2005 XYZ car would have the same premium no matter what plates id carries.

Yes, Mexican plated typically is a little higher than foriegn plated, and varies by company.
Jim W
Jim W
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Talosian Sat Apr 27, 2013 4:31 pm

I assume there is no logical reason for that.
Talosian
Talosian
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by David Sat Apr 27, 2013 4:51 pm

That would be an ignorant assumption. But then, anyone who would attempt to learn the details, terms, and conditions of auto insurance on a public forum has already made at least one.
David
David
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Good

Back to top Go down

Post by MexicoPete Sat Apr 27, 2013 7:10 pm

I'm confused. I don't think any of us are experts about which insurance company is best for us here in Mexico. And if we don't have the expertise to choose an insurance company, what the heck are we doing going to an "AGENT" of one company to find out what's best? All he can tell you is which policy of his company is best.

Rather, I choose to go to an insurance "BROKER", not an agent of one company.The Parker Insurance Brokerage Company, for example, can choose which policies from the various companies are best for their clients. All Brokers (we hope) choose the best insurance companies and then allow us to view the best options and choose which policy we want.

Each year I am shown options and upon occasion I change insurance companies. But what I don't do is change my insurance broker, because I trust my brokerage company.

Sadly because now that I have my Permanente "Green Card" I have to purchase a Mexican plated car (Or nationalize mine). Once I have done so, my insurance will be much higher. (Insuring a MX plated car costs more than insuring the same model with foreign plates).

So folks, unless you are experts about which company is best, please choose a broker you trust, who can show you what is offered by the various insurance company (Remember, an agent works for one company and can only show you products from his Insurance company)
MexicoPete
MexicoPete
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Khof Sat Apr 27, 2013 7:28 pm

I can second the recommendation for Bellon across from Super Lake. They are very responsive. Their service is always prompt.
Give them a chance on your US plated or Mx placed car.

Khof

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next