INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What a fiasco! (Insurance agents; policies; price increases; quotes) Referral wanted.

+11
MexicoPete
Jim W
slainte39
Hensley
Kiri
lucky
David
CheenaGringo
elehne1
simpsca
Talosian
15 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

What a fiasco! (Insurance agents; policies; price increases; quotes) Referral wanted. - Page 2 Empty Re: What a fiasco! (Insurance agents; policies; price increases; quotes) Referral wanted.

Post by Khof Sat Apr 27, 2013 7:28 pm

I can second the recommendation for Bellon across from Super Lake. They are very responsive. Their service is always prompt.
Give them a chance on your US plated or Mx placed car.

Khof

Back to top Go down

What a fiasco! (Insurance agents; policies; price increases; quotes) Referral wanted. - Page 2 Empty Re: What a fiasco! (Insurance agents; policies; price increases; quotes) Referral wanted.

Post by Talosian Sat Apr 27, 2013 8:21 pm

MexicoPete wrote:

Rather, I choose to go to an insurance "BROKER", not an agent of one company.The Parker Insurance Brokerage Company, for example, can choose which policies from the various companies are best for their clients. All Brokers (we hope) choose the best insurance companies and then allow us to view the best options and choose which policy we want.

Parker gave me one option and that was $1,000 pesos more than what I'm paying now w/a different company.

Brokers may also be inclined to promote which company gives them the best deal for them.
Talosian
Talosian
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : All over the field.

Back to top Go down

Post by Talosian Sat Apr 27, 2013 8:22 pm

Khof wrote:I can second the recommendation for Bellon across from Super Lake. They are very responsive. Their service is always prompt.
Give them a chance on your US plated or Mx placed car.

I talked to the man and sent him the information; he said he will get back to me. Now let's see if he does.
Talosian
Talosian
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Talosian Sat Apr 27, 2013 8:24 pm

David wrote:That would be an ignorant assumption. But then, anyone who would attempt to learn the details, terms, and conditions of auto insurance on a public forum has already made at least one.

"Ignorant" is the proper term and I am ignorant in that field Professor Erwin. I really got what I wanted; suggestions and experiences from the horses mouth (so to speak).

Glad to have met you at that party decades ago at Lou and Paula's.
Talosian
Talosian
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CheenaGringo Sat Apr 27, 2013 8:42 pm

Talosian:

Through the years, I have been amazed by many of your posts on various forums. The overriding tone or implication that someone is out to: "screw you" has been a point of confusion to me. I happened to be describing your posts and implications to "my better and often smarter half today" when she came up with what appears to be the obvious answer. People who have spent their working lives screwing others will often expound on others screwing them!

CheenaGringo
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Otter Latté Sat Apr 27, 2013 9:32 pm

"We see the world, not the way it is, but the way we are."
~Talmud
Lady Otter Latté
Lady Otter Latté
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Biting

Back to top Go down

Post by Talosian Sat Apr 27, 2013 10:09 pm

CheenaGringo wrote:Talosian:

Through the years, I have been amazed by many of your posts on various forums. The overriding tone or implication that someone is out to: "screw you" has been a point of confusion to me. I happened to be describing your posts and implications to "my better and often smarter half today" when she came up with what appears to be the obvious answer. People who have spent their working lives screwing others will often expound on others screwing them!

As per the rules of this board, I have left you a message in the Octagon but will not bother responding to anything you say in reply.
Talosian
Talosian
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Ms.Thang Sat Apr 27, 2013 10:26 pm

MexicoPete wrote:I'm confused. I don't think any of us are experts about which insurance company is best for us here in Mexico. And if we don't have the expertise to choose an insurance company, what the heck are we doing going to an "AGENT" of one company to find out what's best? All he can tell you is which policy of his company is best.

Rather, I choose to go to an insurance "BROKER", not an agent of one company.The Parker Insurance Brokerage Company, for example, can choose which policies from the various companies are best for their clients. All Brokers (we hope) choose the best insurance companies and then allow us to view the best options and choose which policy we want.

Each year I am shown options and upon occasion I change insurance companies. But what I don't do is change my insurance broker, because I trust my brokerage company.

Sadly because now that I have my Permanente "Green Card" I have to purchase a Mexican plated car (Or nationalize mine). Once I have done so, my insurance will be much higher. (Insuring a MX plated car costs more than insuring the same model with foreign plates).

So folks, unless you are experts about which company is best, please choose a broker you trust, who can show you what is offered by the various insurance company (Remember, an agent works for one company and can only show you products from his Insurance company)

Ms.Thang
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Talosian Sun Apr 28, 2013 6:02 am

Thanks to those who gave referral/suggestions.

I now bow out.
Talosian
Talosian
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Zedinmexico Sun Apr 28, 2013 8:02 am

Kiri wrote:The Best Mexican Auto Insurance

http://www.mexicanautoinsurance.com/

This is lewis and lewis an agent not an insurance company.
The policy is written by Qualitas which is my insurance company.

Lewis and Lewis while quite good do not supply insurance for mexico
plated vehicles.

Z

Zedinmexico
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Red Dwarf, Marx Brothers, SCTV

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2