INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Border crossing info needed

+9
slainte39
00Peso
viajero
Trailrunner
MtnButterfly
hueco_negro
Lady Otter Latté
CheenaGringo
natbug
13 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Border crossing info needed - Page 2 Empty Re: Border crossing info needed

Post by viajero Sat May 04, 2013 8:59 am

Pedro wrote:
viajero wrote:
Pedro wrote:600 for seat belt in jalisco, not 1500. 300 if you pay quickly.
so take the ticket instead of paying mordida of 500 or do 200 mordida and be on yer way-jaja!
Wrong again Pete,they changed the law last year,it's now 30 days minimum salary or about 1800 pesos.
show me pal. i ain't seen anyone get a ticket fer more than 600 and the former transito commandante is a member in our moto club. first ya say 1500,now 1800 which is it, oh omnipotent one-SNORK! 600 is a huge jump and is the increase done LAST YEAR and the reason the transitos are all over that one. i think you should eat some bd sausage fer yer enormouse mistake chrissy.
Pete,just google;( multa cinturon de seguridad jalisco).Let us know what you find.

viajero
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedro Sat May 04, 2013 9:15 am

what for chrissy?what part of transito commandante amigo do you not understand? his boys were writing tickets for 600 pesos when the big push was on around here. they were drooling when it went to 600 last year from some insignificant amount. much easier to go fer 500 mordida-no?
why don't you explain your 2 difernt #'s[1500&1800]
i put forth 1 # [600] which is what the amount is here and we just happen to be in jalisco. experience trumps google anytime-SNORK!
Pedro
Pedro
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by viajero Sat May 04, 2013 9:21 am

Pete I'll bet you 1000 pesos it's right around 1800 pesos,how about it, you want to put your money where your mouth is?

viajero
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Twain

Back to top Go down

Post by sambrit10 Sat May 04, 2013 10:30 am

Viajero, I did search you suggested and found several articles about the change in the laws.

As near as I can tell (given that the articles were in Spanish) you and Pete may both be right. It looks like the fine is 600 pesos per unbelted person to a max of 1800 pesos. Of course the cop is going to have discretion about whether to count all the unbelted people in the car.

sambrit10
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CheenaGringo Sat May 04, 2013 10:44 am

Going back to the San Luis Potisi portion of this discussion, anyone reading Mexico forums with wider geographical interest would have seen anecdotal evidence (lengthy history) of the speeding scams in that particular region. From the descriptions I have read, ones actual speed often means nothing and the amount of fines being quoted have little basis in fact. These Transitos and other flavors of law enforcement are out there to extract mordida and nothing more. They have it down to a science and given their location as a transit point for various routes into Central Mexico, their activities probably contribute a good deal of money into the area.

CheenaGringo
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by viajero Sat May 04, 2013 11:12 am

sambrit10,as near as I can tell the fine is from 10 to 30 days minimum salary,how they determine what they're going to fine you I don't know,it's a lot of money for the average person here,that's for sure. and then you have entire families riding in the back of pickup trucks,go figure...

viajero
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Jim W Sat May 04, 2013 11:31 am

viajero wrote:sambrit10,as near as I can tell the fine is from 10 to 30 days minimum salary,how they determine what they're going to fine you I don't know,it's a lot of money for the average person here,that's for sure. and then you have entire families riding in the back of pickup trucks,go figure...

Not to mention 5 on a motorbike. Basta
Jim W
Jim W
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Whenever I need it!

Back to top Go down

Post by viajero Sat May 04, 2013 11:40 am

No kidding Jim,a while back my wife and I counted 27 passengers,mostly women and children riding in a late model pickup tooling down Lazaro Cardenas in Guadalajara. Shocked

viajero
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by sambrit10 Sat May 04, 2013 11:43 am

Yes, it's hilarious that they have these strict seatbelt laws when kids are riding on motorbikes, in the backs of pickups, even driving their own ATVs. I read in the same articles that they have a law that kids under 12 have to have kid seats or appropriate restraints, whatever that means. This affects us because we regularly transport the four year old grandson of a friend. But I've never even seen a kid seat in any car, except for seats for very young babies.

In any case these laws really set things up for selective enforcement and it seems like having a foreign plate is one of the criteria for that selection. Of course selective enforcement, usually along racial lines, is also rampant NOB so maybe it's a kind of karma.

sambrit10
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Irish Gal Sat May 04, 2013 12:20 pm

Pedro: Here is the translation of Viajero's "multa cinturon de seguridad Jalisco" showing $1800 pesos fine for not wearing seatbelts.

"GUADALAJARA, JALISCO (FEB/02/2012)-since yesterday, if a driver is stopped by a road agent and is credited to that seat belt had not settled, and the same goes for his companions, could become creditor to a fine that exceeds thousand 800 pesos. And there's more.Reforms to the highway law, approved weeks ago by the plenary of the local Congress, set the increase in this and other penalties, and entered into force on 1 February.Among legal changes will provide for fines for motorists who do not have insurance that covers damage to third parties, and public transport drivers are forced to also have life insurance to its occupants.Other fines referred to in article 167 Bis of the law of roads, transit and transportation, are aimed at motorists carrying in children under 12 years in seats front or those who are not transferred in the chairs suitable for vehicles."

Irish Gal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by viajero Sat May 04, 2013 4:40 pm

Well Pedro,what do you have to say?

viajero
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedro Sat May 04, 2013 5:14 pm

seems to me that refers to more compadres with the fines for all to exceed 1800 but does not say what the single fine is. or is there a limit of same for all the persons in the vehicle combined if the # exceeds 3?
well viajero, what do you say[said in the manner of jerry s to newman].
it sure would be interesting if someone came forth that actually took a ticket instead of paying mordida. they handed out lots during the merry xmas and new years season here.
who did the nebulous translation?
Pedro
Pedro
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by slainte39 Sat May 04, 2013 5:42 pm

Thumbs down Got a ticket in SAT in front of Super Lake for failure to engage seat belt. The transito did not write in any fine, just the infraction #, and when I went to the recaudadora in Chapala to pay (in less than a week), the guy there looked it up on some schedule and charged me 300 pesos, as he said it was less than 1 week old.
The receipt says:
Tipo de Ingreso
MULTAS DE LA LEY DE VIALIDAD Y TRANSITO
INFRACCION #
DESCUENTO POR PRONTO PAGO DE INFRACCIONES TRANSITO

I am selling copies of this multa to people who engaged in wagering for a living over traffic fines. lol!
...but I am keeping the original in case they try to hook me next year when I pay the refrendo anual.

slainte39
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedro Sat May 04, 2013 6:01 pm

slainte39 wrote: Thumbs down Got a ticket in SAT in front of Super Lake for failure to engage seat belt. The transito did not write in any fine, just the infraction #, and when I went to the recaudadora in Chapala to pay (in less than a week), the guy there looked it up on some schedule and charged me 300 pesos, as he said it was less than 1 week old.
The receipt says:
Tipo de Ingreso
MULTAS DE LA LEY DE VIALIDAD Y TRANSITO
INFRACCION #
DESCUENTO POR PRONTO PAGO DE INFRACCIONES TRANSITO

I am selling copies of this multa to people who engaged in wagering for a living over traffic fines. lol!
...but I am keeping the original in case they try to hook me next year when I pay the refrendo anual.

i kinda figgered chris wouldn't take my word for it. thanks slainte39.if ya pay promptly the fine is half[300]=600 full fine. i will take yer 1000 now chris and donate it to cruz roja. how soon can ya get it to me?
Pedro
Pedro
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by viajero Sat May 04, 2013 6:42 pm

So now you're saying we have a bet,cool,now go look up the law like I suggested,I never questioned the fact that there was a discount for paying promptly.
BTW the translation Irish Gal posted came from an article in "El Informador",it's the largest newspaper in Jalisco.

viajero
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by viajero Sat May 04, 2013 6:46 pm

Hey Slainte,maybe you could translate that article in El Informador for pete.

viajero
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedro Sat May 04, 2013 10:32 pm

now a newspaper is writing laws instead of congress?
are you dyslexic chrissy? his fine was 600[SIX HUNDRED] for not wearing his seatbelt and because he paid early he only had to pay ONE HALF, 300. 600[SIX HUNDRED] is what i said all along.
i read informador while i wait for my haircut and sometimes on line.
why don't you give me your license plate # and not wear your seatbelt and i'll send a transito your way and if your ticket is more than 600,i'll pay the difernce-SNORK!
Pedro
Pedro
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by viajero Sun May 05, 2013 9:50 am

Articulo 167-bis La Ley de Vialidad.

viajero
Share Holder
Share Holder