INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Changes with the "Elephant in the Closet"

2 posters

Go down

Changes with the "Elephant in the Closet" Empty Changes with the "Elephant in the Closet"

Post by CheenaGringo Wed May 22, 2013 2:52 pm

I have been bugging TripAdvisor for going on three years about their listing Guadalajara and the Lake Chapala areas as being part of the Pacific Coast of Mexico. Recently, one of my quite pointed and somewhat negative posts in their forum section drew the attention of a couple of their editors from the UK and a couple of Destination Experts from around Mexico. Today, I received notification that they were juggling all of the Jalisco locations into a more general category of Mexico since the State of Jalisco didn't fit entirely into the Pacific Coast or the Central Mexico designations. I suspect it will take them time to get all of this fully cleaned up but maybe clarity may be achieved and there will no longer be photos of the Puerto Vallarta malecon mixed under the Chapala malecon?

I suspect that involving the editors and Destination Experts did more to get these changes made than my years of complaining. No matter who did what, accuracy may finally be achieved.

CheenaGringo
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Changes with the "Elephant in the Closet" Empty Re: Changes with the "Elephant in the Closet"

Post by lunateak Wed May 22, 2013 3:57 pm

A sincere "Thank You!" from me!
Mexico is such a large and geographically diverse country.

Caution! The following could be construed as a thread hijacking. Pun intended.
FYI
Working in the airline industry in the US I often had to remind people when wanting to go 'Tri-cities airport' that I needed to know which state their 'Tri-cites' was.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tri-Cities
lunateak
lunateak
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down