INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I failed the driving test

+17
saege007
Hensley
brigitte
Trailrunner
Khof
johninajijic
halcon
Luisa
solajijic
viajero
K2tog
shana
gringomojado
Zedinmexico
MexicoPete
CanuckBob
Ms.Thang
21 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

I failed the driving test Empty I failed the driving test

Post by Ms.Thang Wed May 29, 2013 1:08 pm

The guy said I got a 7 and needed an 8. I nailed the impossible paralell parking test in 2 moves and right next to the curb but He said I passed the rear cone when I parallel parked, if I had done that I would have knocked it over . He also said I didn't use my blinker making the first right turn in front of the transito office, but I did use the blinker .
He also said that here in Jalisco it is illegal to turn and look behind you when you back up? Is that true? Because I did do that. I am really mad. I know what he wanted but I didn't give it . I am not entirely opposed to the mordida system but these guys are just so ridiculous. I am told to go back in 20 days.

Ms.Thang
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

I failed the driving test Empty Re: I failed the driving test

Post by CanuckBob Wed May 29, 2013 1:48 pm

Not me, I would have flipped him that $500 pesos and wished him a good day. Welcome to Mexico.........

I failed the driving test 696433
CanuckBob
CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sick and twisted

https://casadecomo.mx

Back to top Go down

Post by MexicoPete Wed May 29, 2013 1:52 pm

Have the rules changed? I never had to take a drivers test because when I first applied in 1997, I already had an active drivers license from up North.

Now were I have had an expired license, I would have had to take both the written and the drivers test.

With a good license from up north, are you now required to take the tests before getting a Jalisco drivers license?
MexicoPete
MexicoPete
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Wed May 29, 2013 1:55 pm

Not if you have $500 pesos.....jajaja.
CanuckBob
CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sick and twisted

https://casadecomo.mx

Back to top Go down

Post by Zedinmexico Wed May 29, 2013 2:04 pm

Yes you have to take a test. My wife is the only person I know in recent history
who had passed the test without the extra bite. But that was when the Hefe
was around and making speeches about blah blah blah.

Nothing changes

Z

Zedinmexico
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Red Dwarf, Marx Brothers, SCTV

Back to top Go down

Post by Ms.Thang Wed May 29, 2013 2:22 pm

Geez, $500 pesos is a lot just to get a drivers license. I mean, if I had botched it miserably I could have done something , but I didn't botch it and he was just making crap up. $500 to a transito, for me ..is like " ok don't impound my car or something like that. These guys are so greedy and spoiled by huge gringo mordida .
Yes Pete, first time applicants have to take the test.

Ms.Thang
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by gringomojado Wed May 29, 2013 2:32 pm

CanuckBob wrote:Not if you have $500 pesos.....jajaja.

In the USA drivers bribe also

gm
gringomojado
gringomojado
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Zedinmexico Wed May 29, 2013 2:32 pm

And don't think a Mexican License stops you from having to take a drivers test
in Washington State but a Oregon license is fine no drivers test. My poor wife
has to basically start over because her Oregon license expired.

Z

Zedinmexico
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Red Dwarf, Marx Brothers, SCTV

Back to top Go down

Post by shana Wed May 29, 2013 2:36 pm

DO NOT go to Chapala. Cut the crooks off. Go to Guadalajara to the main MV office. on Alcalde. They are very helpful with both the written and driver's test.

shana
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Ms.Thang Wed May 29, 2013 2:50 pm

They are crooks, Shana. I know that mordida is hard to avoid here in some cases but what they want is robbery.
Well, fine with me . I'll just keep going back until I pass. I live just up the street and I got time. Buzzards is what they are.

The written test is so easy. If you can read Spanish and have any common sence at all you will pass.

They have a sign on the wall " Do Not Bring A Faciitator, we speak English blah blah" ...well no one in there today speaks English, I can't imagine how anyone could get by without a translator in there if they spoke no Spanish, unless you have $500 peso bills stuck all over you.

And there is a car parked just a couple of meters from the corner at the transito station, right there where they want you to make a right turn, make it impossible if you have a large vehicle...probably a transitos car.

I don't think it is illegal to look over your shoulder when backing up either. That one was a real stretch.

Ms.Thang
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by K2tog Wed May 29, 2013 3:06 pm

How are you supposed to see who's behind you if you don't look over your shoulder -- and even when you do the people behind just keep coming even when you're obviously moving and backing up.

I totally agree with you that most of the transitos that I've encountered here are all dirt bags and looking for mordida. We recently got pulled over on the caraterra and were told my husband didn't have on his seatbelt -- which he wears and has been for the past 3-4 decades. When he told them they were "making the whole thing up" one of them miraculously spoke English and said they actually didn't see us, but the other transito on the west bound side of the highway (who was invisible - by the way) saw us and reported it to them -- I call BS on the whole damn lot of them.

Hubby stood his ground and they gave up, but it still makes me mad that they won't do their job and actually ticket people who are making real infractions but go after people for false reasons.
K2tog
K2tog

Back to top Go down

Post by viajero Wed May 29, 2013 3:15 pm

shana wrote:DO NOT go to Chapala. Cut the crooks off. Go to Guadalajara to the main MV office. on Alcalde. They are very helpful with both the written and driver's test.
Good advice shana.

viajero
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Twain

Back to top Go down

Post by solajijic Wed May 29, 2013 3:32 pm

Where do you go in Chapala? What can we expect? cost?

Last edited by solajijic on Wed May 29, 2013 3:56 pm; edited 1 time in total

solajijic
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : "I a, a practical woman. Sentiment only takes one so far. At some point, practicality must enter the room."

Back to top Go down

Post by Luisa Wed May 29, 2013 3:48 pm

After several years working in Southeast Asia (where bribes are much, much more common than here) I moved to Australia and failed my first driving test (it was the glorietas while driving on the other side). I would have happily paid $500 pesos, but I needed to find a Southeast Asian driving inspector. Didn't happen.

Luisa
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Ms.Thang Wed May 29, 2013 4:11 pm

Transito office at the corner of Guerrero and Flavio Romero mon-fri between 9:00 and 2:30.
If you drive a truck you need a chofer licencia - $515.00
For a car you need licencia automovilista $452.00. You can pay in Banamex
You need originals and 1 black and white copy of:

CURP
Proof of address
Passport
Immigration document
And you will be asked your blood type.

You have to take a 10 question multiple choice written test on a computer and a driving test. There are several things you need to know about the driving test but it doesn't matter because if you don't pay mordida to the little jerk giving the test you will fail and if you do pay it does not matter how bad you did on either test.

Ms.Thang
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by halcon Wed May 29, 2013 5:00 pm

Guadalajara gets my vote, but even there things get "hinky". sadly, things may never change. mexico is funny that way....or not so funny.
halcon
halcon
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : if it's funny,i laugh

Back to top Go down

Post by johninajijic Wed May 29, 2013 5:54 pm

Ms.Thang wrote:Transito office at the corner of Guerrero and Flavio Romero mon-fri between 9:00 and 2:30.
If you drive a truck you need a chofer licencia - $515.00
For a car you need licencia automovilista $452.00. You can pay in Banamex
You need originals and 1 black and white copy of:

CURP
Proof of address
Passport
Immigration document
And you will be asked your blood type.

You have to take a 10 question multiple choice written test on a computer and a driving test. There are several things you need to know about the driving test but it doesn't matter because if you don't pay mordida to the little jerk giving the test you will fail and if you do pay it does not matter how bad you did on either test.

I passed both tests. The nice young Mexican helped me with the written test. You don't need a Facilitator. He then took me to my vehicle parked on another street. I pulled out of the parking spot and backed up between the cones first time. Don't forget to put on your Hazard Warning flashers before engaging the car in Reverse. It's a law. NO MORDIDA.
johninajijic
johninajijic
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sometimes

Back to top Go down

Post by Khof Wed May 29, 2013 7:12 pm

I got my license in GDL on Alcade at THE place. It was a piece of cake.

Khof

Back to top Go down

Post by Trailrunner Wed May 29, 2013 7:22 pm

Khof failed to mention that after studying diligently - in Spanish AND in English - when it finally came time to take the test some guy came and sat down next to us and answered all the questions for us! They were far more interested in my address matching on 2 of my documents than if I knew how to drive a car.
Trailrunner
Trailrunner
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by brigitte Wed May 29, 2013 7:52 pm

I have never gone to Chapala for my driver´s license, I went to Ocotlan for the first time and after that to Guadalajara for renewal and I have never been asked for mordida.

brigitte
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Hensley Thu May 30, 2013 7:12 am

MexicoPete wrote:Have the rules changed? I never had to take a drivers test because when I first applied in 1997, I already had an active drivers license from up North.

Now were I have had an expired license, I would have had to take both the written and the drivers test.

With a good license from up north, are you now required to take the tests before getting a Jalisco drivers license?

My license from the states expires in 2024 and I had to take both tests when I got mine, I can't believe it is time for a renewal already.
Hensley
Hensley
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by saege007 Thu May 30, 2013 9:43 am

Trailrunner wrote:Khof failed to mention that after studying diligently - in Spanish AND in English - when it finally came time to take the test some guy came and sat down next to us and answered all the questions for us! They were far more interested in my address matching on 2 of my documents than if I knew how to drive a car.

Which two documents would have addresses on them? Other than the proof of address, none of the others have addresses, or do they?

when you pay at Banamex, what do you tell them at the window? Which window do you go to? I have been in Banamex once and it is confusing in there.
saege007
saege007
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by cypress Thu May 30, 2013 9:44 am

Ms. Thang what happened to you is outrageous. I would find someone to make a complaint to. Next time maybe you should take a witness with you-someone that speaks Spanish if you don't. The witness could take pictures. Not looking over your shoulder sounds like nonsense but I have heard it before. My license comes up for renewal soon and I'm not looking forward to it. I got my current license in Riberas without paying anyone.

cypress
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Trailrunner Thu May 30, 2013 10:05 am

Saege007 - I had just moved from the beach and my FM3 still said Sayulita and my proof of address was Joco. They made me dash to Lloyd and change my address with them and present the official address change from Lloyd in order to take the test . .that someone else took for me anyway.

Trailrunner
Trailrunner
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Ms.Thang Thu May 30, 2013 10:12 am

saege007 wrote:
Trailrunner wrote:Khof failed to mention that after studying diligently - in Spanish AND in English - when it finally came time to take the test some guy came and sat down next to us and answered all the questions for us! They were far more interested in my address matching on 2 of my documents than if I knew how to drive a car.

Which two documents would have addresses on them? Other than the proof of address, none of the others have addresses, or do they?

when you pay at Banamex, what do you tell them at the window? Which window do you go to? I have been in Banamex once and it is confusing in there.

Sage, these are the datos on the flyer they give out at the transito office:

Any Banamex
Deposit in the name of: Secretaria de Ffianzas del Gobierno Del Estadouence de Jalisco
55534-9 sucursal no.870 referencia 1

I am sure you can go to any window, although I think they have 1 window that is just for people with Banamex accounts.

My husband paid mine at the tax office, but I don't remember where that is. It says Degollado no. 306 on the flyer.

Bring the origional and 1 copy
When you pay, the receipt is good for one year. Don't give it to them until you "pass" . Make sure you pay the right amount. The amounts are different for new license, renewal, lost, etc....

Ms.Thang
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next