INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ajijic restaurant, corner of Ocampo & Colon

+7
Jim W
kipissippi
hockables
CanuckBob
ComputerGuy
Rosa Venus
hkrause
11 posters

Go down

Ajijic restaurant, corner of Ocampo & Colon Empty Ajijic restaurant, corner of Ocampo & Colon

Post by hkrause Thu Jun 06, 2013 7:31 pm

I'm not sure about the name of this place. First time we went, they said they were in the process of merging two existing places - Deli Shabby and Merendero Lake. Maybe somebody else knows the current name? Restaurant is across the street, just south of Diane Pearl's.

Menu includes some breakfast items (pancakes, molletes, eggs, chilaquiles, etc), baguettes, gourmet hamburgers, nice salads, steaks, and crepes (both savory & sweet). Hubby got an excellent burger & fries. I had a wonderful salad (arugula/lettuce, pear, roast pecans, croutons, sprouts, slivered almonds, blue cheese). We had a Nutella & strawberry crepe for dessert. Good service. Burgers are around $65-75, made from top sirloin & incl fries. Breakfasts around $30-50. Steaks were $144 (Sirloin) or $188 (Rib Eye) and include fries, frijoles & salad. Full size salads $50-65. Crepes $35 (sweet) or $40 (savoury). This was from the dual menu on our first visit. 2nd Time we went they had combined the menu into one, and I didn't check to see if prices were the same.

Heather

Ajijic restaurant, corner of Ocampo & Colon Imag0412

Ajijic restaurant, corner of Ocampo & Colon Imag0413

Ajijic restaurant, corner of Ocampo & Colon Imag0415
hkrause
hkrause
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Ajijic restaurant, corner of Ocampo & Colon Empty Re: Ajijic restaurant, corner of Ocampo & Colon

Post by Rosa Venus Thu Jun 06, 2013 9:30 pm

This place is definitely worth trying out.

I had a really good burger experience (a few months ago, when it was Merendero)....and then another burger experience that didn't exactly thrill me but didn't put me off either.

Will check it out again. Thanks for the review.

Rosa Venus
Rosa Venus
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : The funny kind

Back to top Go down

Ajijic restaurant, corner of Ocampo & Colon Empty Re: Ajijic restaurant, corner of Ocampo & Colon

Post by ComputerGuy Thu Jun 06, 2013 9:57 pm

Better be some damn fine steaks at those prices.
ComputerGuy
ComputerGuy
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Fri Jun 07, 2013 10:35 am

HG, you need to take a trip back to Canada for a few weeks to realize how cheap the prices are still here in comparison. A average steak in Vancouver is hovering between $25 & $35 CDN now a days.......jajaja. Inflation is occurring everywhere.
CanuckBob
CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sick and twisted

https://casadecomo.mx

Back to top Go down

Post by hkrause Fri Jun 07, 2013 10:41 am

Can't speak about the steaks as we didn't try them. Maybe somebody else will chime in if they have.
hkrause
hkrause
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by hockables Fri Jun 07, 2013 11:21 am

CanuckBob wrote:HG, you need to take a trip back to Canada for a few weeks to realize how cheap the prices are still here in comparison. A average steak in Vancouver is hovering between $25 & $35 CDN now a days.......jajaja. Inflation is occurring everywhere.

Beer AAA Alberta Grain Fed Beef... cheap @ twice that price!!
hockables
hockables
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by ComputerGuy Fri Jun 07, 2013 12:18 pm

Sure, but I'm talking about Mexico, not Canada, and I'm not comparing.

Listen, the prices of hamburgers last summer in Ottawa had surpassed the OMG level.
ComputerGuy
ComputerGuy
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by hockables Fri Jun 07, 2013 12:22 pm

LOL... been in Canada nearly two weeks now... and I'm still OMG'n everything...
Miss'n Mexico & Mah Pool.. BAD
hockables
hockables
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Fri Jun 07, 2013 1:28 pm

HelperGuy wrote:Sure, but I'm talking about Mexico, not Canada, and I'm not comparing.

Listen, the prices of hamburgers last summer in Ottawa had surpassed the OMG level.

Well as the rest of the world inflates Mexico can be expected to inflate too but in comparison it is still a pretty good deal. Now for those on a fixed income inflation is the devil's dance but it is what it is. I expect there will come a day when the Mexican economy really prospers and possibly inflates beyond Canada and the US. Then we will all have to find the "next Mexico"........jajaja. Maybe back to a cheap Canada???
CanuckBob
CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sick and twisted

https://casadecomo.mx

Back to top Go down

Post by ComputerGuy Fri Jun 07, 2013 1:41 pm

Those steak prices are more expensive than anyone around here, including Tango. So they better be pretty damn good steaks.
ComputerGuy
ComputerGuy
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by kipissippi Fri Jun 07, 2013 3:05 pm

I'm constantly shocked at how high everything seems to be north of the Mason Dixon line. Prices here.. near Memphis, are closer to those in Ajijic than our neighbors to the north. I really don't see how people can live on their SS with prices like that.
kipissippi
kipissippi
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : goofy

Back to top Go down

Post by Jim W Fri Jun 07, 2013 3:10 pm

GEEZ, the price of my favorite cookies @ Soriano has jumped from 2 pesos to 6 pesos over the past 14 months.......now this is a significant jump! Ajijic restaurant, corner of Ocampo & Colon 851398
Jim W
Jim W
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Whenever I need it!

Back to top Go down

Post by kipissippi Fri Jun 07, 2013 3:29 pm

Oh no!!! Not your favorite cookies!!!!! Time to "cast aside" your fishing reel and don an apron. Who knows...they might be even better if you bake them yourself! Very Happy .... not sure if the tequila goes in the dough.... or the glass....... on second thought...they'd probably taste better if it's in the glass. Beer

Auntie Kippy
kipissippi
kipissippi
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : goofy

Back to top Go down

Post by Zedinmexico Sun Jun 09, 2013 8:02 am

Merendero is the name in new paint on the building whatever that means.

Z

Zedinmexico
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Red Dwarf, Marx Brothers, SCTV

Back to top Go down

Post by casi nada Sun Jun 09, 2013 8:33 am

Zedinmexico wrote:Merendero is the name in new paint on the building whatever that means.

Z

Don't you have a Spanish-English dictionary?

casi nada
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by casi nada Sun Jun 09, 2013 8:48 am

Zedinmexico wrote:Merendero is the name in new paint on the building whatever that means.

Z

Here's a link for you:

Word Reference

Please put this on you browser's toolbar and look up words you don't understand. For fuck's sake, you're living in Mexico.

casi nada
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Zedinmexico Sun Jun 09, 2013 12:07 pm

casi nada wrote:

Z

Here's a link for you:

Word Reference

Please put this on you browser's toolbar and look up words you don't understand. For fuck's sake, you're living in Mexico.

I took it from the original poster

"Merendero Lake. Maybe somebody else knows the current name? Restaurant is across the street, just south of Diane Pearl's."

What is your problem? I answered the question. Also why the cussing in Food. I lost a lot of respect for you. BYe BYe

Z

Zedinmexico
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Otter Latté Sun Jun 09, 2013 1:10 pm

"What is your problem? I answered the question. Also why the cussing in Food." zed

I agree with Zed for the second time today and it is only 1 p.m.
Lady Otter Latté
Lady Otter Latté
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Biting

Back to top Go down

Post by casi nada Sun Jun 09, 2013 5:21 pm

Z

I totally screwed up and read your comment out of context. I apologize for my previous comments, Zed.

casi nada
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Zedinmexico Mon Jun 10, 2013 8:40 am

casi nada wrote:

Z

I totally screwed up and read your comment out of context. I apologize for my previous comments, Zed.

Thank you. It takes guts to say sorry. I wish more of us could do this. Also not a big deal at all.

Cheers!

Z

Zedinmexico
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by funny girl Wed Jul 31, 2013 6:56 pm

CanuckBob wrote:HG, you need to take a trip back to Canada for a few weeks to realize how cheap the prices are still here in comparison. A average steak in Vancouver is hovering between $25 & $35 CDN now a days.......jajaja. Inflation is occurring everywhere.

I wonder about the minimum wage in Vancouver compared to the wages of a waiter in Ajijic. And also the going rent in the heart of Vancouver? Shocked Shocked 

funny girl

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down