INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

LAURENT Restaurant Review at Hotel Casa Blanca

4 posters

Go down

LAURENT Restaurant Review at Hotel Casa Blanca Empty LAURENT Restaurant Review at Hotel Casa Blanca

Post by johninajijic Sat Dec 04, 2010 11:45 pm

Twelve of us from our Bi Monthly Dinner group dined at LAURENT Restaurant last night. Reservations are necessary. There were people waiting after we sat down. We ordered drinks, glasses of wine and wine by the bottle. They make a good Margarita for $ 35 pesos. Wine by the glass is $ 40 pesos. Wine by the bottle varied, depending on quality from $180 to $ 350 pesos.

A few of us ordered Appetizers. One person had Shrimp in a Bechamel sauce, another had Crunchy rolls of Duck Confit. I had a Tomato and Mozzarella salad. There are 7 or 8 items under Appetizers. We ordered our meals.

Several people ordered the Rib Eye with Bernaise sauce, some ordered the special, a Tuna Steak, others ordered the Lamb Loin, another person ordered the Sea Scallops with cauliflower and capers, another ordered a Chicken dish which he said he could cut with a fork. I ordered the Pork Loin with roasted potatos and apples flambed with Tequila. Everyone agreed the food was very good. The complaints were, that one person ordered the Tuna rare and it was overdone while another person said the Tuna was dry. My Pork Loin was two very small thin loins. I'm used to eating Costco's 1 inch thick center cut boneless chops, so I wouldn't order it again.

Several people ordered Pistachio Flan for dessert. It was big enough to share if you're full from your meal. It was delicious.

Service was excellent and the food was hot. All the plates arrived to our table at the same time.

There are three soups on the menu and 7 or 8 Entrees, two of which are Steaks. There are three fish dishes. He has a Cassoulet and a Vegetable Tezine on the menu too. I think the menu is too limited. He should add Shrimp to the menu. There are four desserts.

Our Dinner group recommends LAURENT restaurant located in the Hotel Casa Blanca across from LCS. It has the nicest ambiance of any restaurant at Lakeside.

LAURENT Restaurant
16th de Septembre # 29
766 1500
Closed Monday

johninajijic
johninajijic
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sometimes

Back to top Go down

LAURENT Restaurant Review at Hotel Casa Blanca Empty Re: LAURENT Restaurant Review at Hotel Casa Blanca

Post by Carry Bean Sun Dec 05, 2010 7:30 am

Are they open for lunch yet?

Carry Bean
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

LAURENT Restaurant Review at Hotel Casa Blanca Empty Re: LAURENT Restaurant Review at Hotel Casa Blanca

Post by johninajijic Sun Dec 05, 2010 9:11 am

Carry Bean wrote:Are they open for lunch yet?

Sorry, I don't know. I suggest you call 766 1500 and ask.
johninajijic
johninajijic
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by gringal Mon Dec 06, 2010 2:21 pm

John: Thanks for the review but prices for the main dishes, please?

gringal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : occasionally

Back to top Go down

Post by David Mon Dec 06, 2010 5:37 pm

$120-180. We've dined there almost once a week since he opened. We love it.
David
David
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Good

Back to top Go down

Post by johninajijic Mon Dec 20, 2010 12:14 am

Tonight, Saturday Dec. 19, six of us dined at LAURENT in Hotel Casa Blanca. We ordered a variety of drinks while one person ordered a Bordeaux wine. It was excellent. I don't know the cost.

Several of us ordered Appetizers. One ordered the Crepe with Shrimp in Bechamel sauce. It was loaded with shrimp. Another person ordered the Foie Gras with I believe a chutney sauce and split it. Another ordered the Cheese with croutons for dipping. I ordered the Onion Soup, a large bowl loaded with onions, a bread crust on top covered with cheese. It was excellent and a hearty portion.

We ordered Entrees: Three ordered the Duck Confit, one person ordered the Rib Eye Steak with Bernaise Sauce, one person ordered the Cassoulet, enough for two people and I ordered the Beef Filet with 4 peppers and potatoes and veggies. Everyone loved the food. My Filet was cooked exactly as ordered and was the most tender and juicy of ANY Filet I've had in Ajijic. I have had them all.

Some ordered desserts afterward. Most ordered either Chocolate Mousse or Creme Brulee while one had Crepes.

Again, we highly recommend LAURENT as the finest restaurant in Ajijic with the best ambiance and excellent service. It was nice and warm with the gas heater going and the curtains drawn. Call 766 1500 for reservations especially on Friday or Saturday nights.
johninajijic
johninajijic
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by gringal Thu Dec 30, 2010 1:03 pm

LAURENT SPEED REVIEW:
Four of us had dinner last evening.
Ribeye: 10 out of 10 stars . Husband said it's the best he's had SOB.
Filet: 7 out of 10: a bit of a hard chew on this piece, but nice sauce and 'taters. (Done medium, perfectly; red but no purple)
Salmon: 8 out of 10 by companions.
Service: 9 of 10
Wine: Order from the wine list. No compliments on the house wine.
Portions: Generous
Prices: See John's review. Very fair.
Atmosphere: Classy, except for the loudmouths in the adjacent area ..but hey, that's life. I think some folks attended the Howling Coyote School of Speech and graduated with honors.

All in all.........a fine addition to the local dining scene. Will definitely return. cheers cheers cheers

gringal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by gringal Sat Jan 01, 2011 12:44 pm

UPDATE:
Just returned from their New Years' Day brunch.......which was a nice change from the usual brunch menus around town.
Everything was delicious. I hope they do a regular Sunday Brunch.
Prices were 75 - 85 pesos and included a fruit cup and bread basket.
We went nuts and added a Bloody Mary to the event, and it's the best I've had for a long time. Done exactly right. 40 pesos.

gringal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by David Sat Jan 01, 2011 2:46 pm

That sounds wonderful. What was on the menu?
David
David
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Good

Back to top Go down

Post by gringal Sat Jan 01, 2011 3:29 pm

I had an open faced roll with ham, cheese and a Bechamel sauce.
Husband had a "French Country Omelette" with onions, bacon and cheese.
There was a tasty looking open faced omelet being served to the next table.
Eggs any way were on the menu plus a few things I can't remember.
Surprise: No eggs Benedict. No surprise. Benny must have gone to Salvador's.

cheers

gringal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down