INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Lost dog please help

5 posters

Go down

Lost dog please help Empty Lost dog please help

Post by simpsca Tue Sep 03, 2013 9:14 pm

Friend asked me to post this. Please call the phone number listed.

Found dog--This dog was found running on San Luis Street in lower Riberas with an orangeish collar and leash. There is a tag attached to the collar for a vaccination but no tag with contact information.

The dog is medium large size, maybe about 59 lbs, white with black spots on the skin under the fur. He has a long plume-like tail and pink around the rims of his eyes. He has been neutered. He appears to be very clean and well-cared-for. He obviously is used to being around people and in a house.

This dog was brought to my house by the person who found him. She cannot take him home because she already has too many dogs. I have two of my own and my female is not very dog friendly so he cannot stay here. Please help me find his family and get him back to where he belongs. If his family can't be located right away I will have to take him somewhere they can receive him immediately, like Anita's Animals. Or if anybody else can foster him now, PLEASE let me know. I CANNOT keep him even for a short while. There is just too much potential for a dog fight here.

Please call 765-7318
simpsca
simpsca
Events Reporter
Events Reporter

Back to top Go down

Lost dog please help Empty Re: Lost dog please help

Post by angela04101 Wed Sep 04, 2013 12:19 pm

Thanks to all who rescued my dog and folks who told me to look here on the webboard. Doggie is looking rather sheepish today, but had an excellent adventure, while it lasted. Sometimes (every 2-3 months or so) the call of the wild is just too much for him to resist, and his Australian cattle dog genes take over and he searches for the outback. Other than that, he's a wonderful sweet boy, so thanks again, much appreciated.

angela04101

Back to top Go down

Post by Zedinmexico Wed Sep 04, 2013 12:38 pm

Ah the Healer (another name for Australian cattle dogs) must get out.  You need to find a
young Gringo or Mexican kid that will drag him around every day for a few hours per day.
The sheepish look is normal for the breed when they do something wrong. I love healers and they drive me crazy all at the same time LOL.

Good Luck!!

Z

Zedinmexico
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Red Dwarf, Marx Brothers, SCTV

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedro Wed Sep 04, 2013 1:28 pm

the blue healer is the dog of choice for most of the ranchers i know in montana. excellent cattle dog!
Pedro
Pedro
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by angela04101 Wed Sep 04, 2013 1:44 pm

Thanks for the validation that his criminal activity (running away, also eating whatever garbage he finds ("opportunistic feeder"), rolling in carrion) stems from his breed, all has survival value. True, he's happiest running at top speed with a big smile on his face, which we could do NOB with a great pack of buddies, but I haven't found a good solution here. We're close to the lake in Riberas, so far the best I can come up with for running him, but doesn't he love rolling in those dead fish! It's at least a 2-bath night every time. Gotta love him.

angela04101

Back to top Go down

Post by Axixic Wed Sep 04, 2013 2:46 pm

Just a thought - if he does take off like this occasionally, you may want to get him a tag with your contact info.
Axixic
Axixic
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by simpsca Wed Sep 04, 2013 3:18 pm

I think the Animal Shelter food store still makes tags with your phone number and add the word "recompensa" which means reward in Spanish. You will always get him back for a small fee.

Also there is a dog park in lower San Antonio where for a fee you can take him to play with other dogs. I understand it's a nice place and your dog can have a good run with other dogs. I know I can't begin to keep up with my lab. So she goes to doggy day school so she can burn up some of that spare energy.
simpsca
simpsca
Events Reporter
Events Reporter

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down