INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Anyone tried new Chopsticks restaurant?

+5
twelveoaks
CHILLIN
Lady Otter Latté
ComputerGuy
Texmexco
9 posters

Go down

Anyone tried new Chopsticks restaurant? Empty Anyone tried new Chopsticks restaurant?

Post by Texmexco Fri Sep 13, 2013 9:24 am

Hubby brought home a menu from the new restaurant in Plaza Bugambilias (2nd floor by cinema) called Chopsticks. Their Asian Noodle Salad sounds like one of my NOB favorites. And their prices are reasonable. Has anyone tried their food?

Texmexco
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Anyone tried new Chopsticks restaurant? Empty Re: Anyone tried new Chopsticks restaurant?

Post by ComputerGuy Fri Sep 13, 2013 9:30 am

I've had the cold noodle salad. It was excellent. A little pricey for me for lunch at $75. Dynamite peanut sauce.
ComputerGuy
ComputerGuy
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Anyone tried new Chopsticks restaurant? Empty Re: Anyone tried new Chopsticks restaurant?

Post by Lady Otter Latté Fri Sep 13, 2013 11:06 am

What HelperGuy said. The salad and peanut sauce were delicious. A friend and I split it and an order of pot stickers which also were very good. I am going back next week to try something else.
Lady Otter Latté
Lady Otter Latté
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Biting

Back to top Go down

Post by CHILLIN Fri Sep 13, 2013 11:36 am

Daily specials:

Yes we have also had the pot stickers, salad and the banh mi. All excellent. The owner is Betty Leung - she is only doing the Tuesday Market and has her peanut sauce along with the pot stickers, salad, steamed buns etc.

Wed - Banh Mi (Vietnamese Sub)
Thurs - Wonton Noodle Soup and Dim Sum
Fri - Vegetable Fried Rice and Gung Pau Chicken
Sat - Pho Bo (Vietnamese Beef Noodle Soup)

We also have pot stickers and asian salad bowls everyday.
CHILLIN
CHILLIN
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by twelveoaks Sat Sep 14, 2013 8:24 am

My wife and I ate there two weeks ago and were not impressed. We had two orders of pot stickers and an order of won ton soup and the tab was 200 pesos or about fifteen USD.

twelveoaks
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Otter Latté Sat Sep 14, 2013 8:47 am

The prices ARE high for a casual lunch. But, if I am in the middle of Mexico and need an Asian fix I will pay for it. Sometimes nothing but pot stickers will do.
Lady Otter Latté
Lady Otter Latté
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Biting

Back to top Go down

Post by Ms.Thang Sat Sep 14, 2013 5:22 pm

We went there today, had Pho and it was good. $70 pesos for a portion that was just right. I was satisfied with my meal and the price.

The specials that Chillin mentioned are $ 35, $60 , $45 and $ 70 in that order. The Asian noodle salad is $70.00, Steamed Chinese buns $15.00'. And potstickers $40.00 - $ 45.00....that's it. They want to keep a simple menu . We want to try the noodle salad next.
I liked this place.

Ms.Thang
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by papa chango Sat Sep 14, 2013 6:28 pm

I love Asian food. I left the globos about 5 p.m. I wanted to try this new restaurant.  Unfortunately, everything I tried to order was not available.  First, I asked if they had any hot and sour soup. Then I asked for the steam pork buns. And then I tried to get pork potstickers. She had none of these items and it looks like on the menu there were only about 10 things. I will return on a different day and try again. But it looks like I should go to Min Wah if I want a bigger selection.

scratch
papa chango
papa chango
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : wit and sarcasm Cheech and Chong

http://lakechapalaexpat.blogspot.mx/

Back to top Go down

Post by Ms.Thang Sat Sep 14, 2013 7:01 pm

Well Papa the hours are from 11:30 to 5:00 so you got there at closing time...Today was a very busy day for them because of the gazillions of people at the globo event...and yep, there are about 10 things on the menu...but hot and sour soup is not one of them.

Ms.Thang
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by slainte39 Sat Sep 14, 2013 10:46 pm

The good news is...
That when they reopen, everything will be fresh products.Very Happy

slainte39
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Ms.Thang Fri Sep 27, 2013 1:15 pm

I am really liking this place. The wonton noodle soup we had yesterday was very tasty and filling. $60.00
The best thing on the menu for me is that Banh Mi sub sandwich, man that was a really good sammich...has a lot of different flavor s going On and the meat was really good. $35.00 .
I finally got to yry the steamed buns, not my thing I guess but they seem to be well prepared. You have to get there early for those.
Betty and Kwi are super nice people and they already have a good following there.

Ms.Thang
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by borderreiver Sat Sep 28, 2013 5:27 am

I'm glad folks are liking this place, but, seriously they are charging $C + prices. Ouch. You could compare the prices with "www.peacefulrestaurant.com". Check it out, and yes I do realize I am torturing y'all with this menu. Then again, it's not 50 and pissing rain there. Since "Diners, Drive Ins and Dives" did their thing on this joint they have opened two new locations - all excellent.
borderreiver
borderreiver
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : humor is spelt incorrectly

Back to top Go down

Post by Ms.Thang Sat Sep 28, 2013 9:54 am

Yeah but when you add in round trip transportation from Ajijic to Vancouver Chopsticks comes out looking like a bargain .Thumbs up 

Yer killin me with that menu though , killin me.

Ms.Thang
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down