INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

AguaMilpa

4 posters

Go down

AguaMilpa Empty AguaMilpa

Post by elgringo Thu Oct 24, 2013 4:11 pm

We fished Aguamilpa last Friday and Saturday. The water is muddy, but the fishing had improved since the last time I was there a month ago. We fished the main lake. They said that the Colorado area was not producing anything at all so we did not even try fishing up there.
We fished half a day Friday and caught 35 fish and all day Saturday and caught around 75 fish mostly all on crankbaits. The fish were very skinny and in poor shape. I stayed at Coras Lodge and used Jorge for a guide. Maybe when the water clears up and the water level stabilizes fishing will improve
elgringo
elgringo
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : lots

Back to top Go down

AguaMilpa Empty Re: AguaMilpa

Post by CanuckBob Thu Oct 24, 2013 4:24 pm

Thanks for the update Elgringo. I may head there at the end of November.
CanuckBob
CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sick and twisted

https://casadecomo.mx

Back to top Go down

Post by Jim W Thu Oct 24, 2013 6:47 pm

Elgringo, would you mind sharing the rate you are paying Mario?   I think room only as you own your boat.......or did he provide boat and guide?  Many of us like him, but his pricing is all over the place.  In my case, he charged us $500.00 USD for one night lodging and 2 1/2 days fishing back in 2007. (Meals and Tequila  included, however he ran out of Tequila the 1st day, and never picked more up)  BTW it is a 2 hour round trip to buy spirits.....in Tepic  or at the restaurant between Mario and Humberto, cervesa available there.Beer Beer Beer 

For the computer required, he and Bill offer WIFI......no cell service, sat only.
Jim W
Jim W
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Whenever I need it!

Back to top Go down

Post by elgringo Fri Oct 25, 2013 8:49 am

I pay Mario 600 pesos a night for lodging and Jorge 300 pesos a day to guide. Mario lets me store my boat in his lot for free so it is a good arrangement for me. Mario has his cousin cooking for him now, and he was a chef in the states for 12 years so the food is pretty good.
However, the time before last we left the boat in the water overnight and the next morning my gas was gone, and the maid stole some of my wife's clothes when she cleaned the room.
So just don't drop your guard like I did
elgringo
elgringo
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Jim W Sat Nov 09, 2013 5:45 pm

elgringo wrote:I pay Mario 600 pesos a night for lodging and Jorge 300 pesos a day to guide. Mario lets me store my boat in his lot for free so it is a good arrangement for me. Mario has his cousin cooking for him now, and he was a chef in the states for 12 years so the food is pretty good.
However, the time before last we left the boat in the water overnight and the next morning my gas was gone, and the maid stole some of my wife's clothes when she cleaned the room.
So just don't drop your guard like I did

Elgringo, thank you for sharing. Your boat? We never lock our rooms at Humberto's. One thing my wife loves at Humberto's is the water. Humberto and Consuelo have a private well so the shower water doesn't smell of Lake Water, plus he has the new Mitsubishi air conditioners! My understanding is Mario is pumping Lake water to the rooms?
Jim W
Jim W
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Sat Nov 09, 2013 5:48 pm

We are heading to Agua Milpa on Dec. 3. Going to stay at Humberto's for the "Jim" special. Will give a full report when we are back.
CanuckBob
CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Jim W Sat Nov 09, 2013 7:05 pm

Do I get a kick back?  LMAO  Enjoy, Bob, can't wait for the return trip! Bob, I know their rates are going up, please post room rates, boat and guide!
Jim W
Jim W
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by elgringo Sun Nov 10, 2013 8:07 am

Yes, I have a 21.5 ft. Stratos with a 225 evenrude motor that I store in Mario's lot. Mario uses lake water and it smell terrible. Do you have a contact number for Humberto's
elgringo
elgringo
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Sun Nov 10, 2013 8:34 am

Here ya go. These rates are last years and I understand they may and increased a bit.

Humberto's 045 311 220 0391 OR 045 311 263 0255
Humberto Ledezma owner
Kitchen on top level...You can bring your own food , and Irma will cook.
2 beds per room 500 pesos has A/C
1/2 day fishing 700 pesos full day fishing 1400 pesos......Rods and reels rent 150 per day...you provide hooks, sinkers, senkos, crankbait
CanuckBob
CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Jim W Mon Nov 11, 2013 10:08 am

CB, Humberto increased his day rates for boat and guide earlier this year. Primary reason is increase cost of fuel and transporting it from Tepic. Please post the new rates when you return from the " kick ass bass catch in December " Beer 

Thanks, Jim W
Jim W
Jim W
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by sundown Mon Nov 11, 2013 1:45 pm

I returned last nite. Water muddy & fishing slow. Nets are supposed to be removed on Sunday(Ha! Ha!) Nets all over the place.
Never found any nets removed. I fish a lot with crank bait & have my rig, so no guide, so i "met a few nets"
Fed Police stopped me entering Guad(towing my rig). One of my rigs tail lite was not working, & he pushed for "the bite". I acted like I could not speak any Spanish, and my wife(who can fish better than me) held her ground with him & finally he gave up.

sundown
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Jim W Mon Nov 11, 2013 4:02 pm

CanuckBob wrote:Here ya go. These rates are last years and I understand they may and increased a bit.

Humberto's 045 311 220 0391 OR 045 311 263 0255
Humberto Ledezma owner
Kitchen on top level...You can bring your own food , and Irma will cook.
2 beds per room 500 pesos has A/C
1/2 day fishing 700 pesos full day fishing 1400 pesos......Rods and reels rent 150 per day...you provide hooks, sinkers, senkos, crankbait
1/2 day rate is 900 pesos as of 7/2013. 1st increase since he opened in 2009/2010.

I will contact all lodges on my next trip for updated pricing.......unless ya all can check with them when you make the December trip.
Jim W
Jim W
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Jim W Mon Nov 11, 2013 7:23 pm

Just a side note, you are not required to use the lodge you are staying at boat & guides.  Some of the guys book at Humbertos and hire Israel!  He is considered to be one of the best @ Aquamilpa.  I prefer Bernardo @ Humbertos cause he is a fun guy/guide, PLUS on one occasion he dove in and retrieved my rod n reel......he hit the water about the same time the rod did.....LMAO!Beer Blackeye 
Jim W
Jim W
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down